puppies-volcanic
Username: Password:

Author Topic: Unpopular opinion  (Read 1212 times)

Naryoril

• Producer
    • View Profile
Re: Unpopular opinion
« Reply #15 on: June 22, 2017, 03:22:22 PM »
Second unpopular opinion, despite me being introduced Im@s via cute songs on YouTube, the anime could've fleshed out more time on the other idols. It might as well have been called "Haruka-Miki-Chihaya" M@ster.

Third unpopular opinion, I don't get the point of Xenoglossia. :-/

I wouldn't call these "unpopular opinions", afaik that's what the majority of people think.

MetalPredat0r

• Producer
  • No Copyright Law in the Universe is gonna stop me!
    • View Profile
    • Follow me on Twitter if you want.
« Reply #16 on: June 22, 2017, 07:17:36 PM »
Not really an unpopular opinion if that's the majority opinion.

If you want an unpopular opinion, I'll give mine.

I think main 765 is getting stale at this point in terms of their personalities and especially their overall storylines. They really need either a game that advances their stories by taking place after they've become famous or have a game where they're either retired or so famous that they're not in need of a Producer like that anymore and thus are having to produce a new group of girls while the OGs are around to help you out as mentors.
Haikus are easy
But sometimes they don't make sense
Refrigerator

Chihayaa

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 22, 2017, 09:55:55 PM »
I think main 765 is getting stale at this point in terms of their personalities and especially their overall storylines.

I definitely agree with the point about their personalities and storylines, there's only so much they can do with Chihaya and her little brother. Hopefully we get event stories in Theater Days like in Starlight Stage and we can see more unique stories for main 765. I always wondered why there wasn't a real true story in Platinum Stars; I guess they just ran out of ideas?

My unpopular opinion: I think the 2011 anime did extremely well in what all anime adaptations are supposed to do; advertise the original source. In the end, all adaptations are simply ads for the source work (really well done adaptations don't feel commercialized, however) and I think A-1 Pictures chose the best character stories to represent iM@S: Haruka and Chihaya (and Miki to an extent). Of course, you have the typical viewer who isn't going to check out what iM@S has to offer and it kinda ruins the whole point, but I dunno, I actually love it when anime adaptations pull off their own little exclusive storyline. It treats the people who know the source work, prevents spoilers from those who know the source work, and if it's well done, it's a plus for everybody. 2011's take on Chihaya's route was perfectly executed and it was definitely a highlight for idol anime for me.

In fact I'd go so far as to say the second cour is one of the most well-done idol anime out there and that's actually me thinking really hard about it, too. It feels way less commercialized and "ok now that the anime is done go check out the games and music" like a couple of idol shows. To me I can feel the passion that A-1 put into the anime and idk it just feels like they really wanted to pull off an amazing show.

Kinda disappointing they dropped the ball on the movie, though :/ Cinderella Girls was pretty good so here's hoping they pull off a good SideM.

NubilaWind

« Reply #18 on: June 27, 2017, 06:02:20 AM »
@Sylphony

You're welcome! :-)