puppies-volcanic
Username: Password:

Author Topic: Unpopular opinion  (Read 2087 times)

Naryoril

• Producer
    • View Profile
Re: Unpopular opinion
« Reply #15 on: June 22, 2017, 03:22:22 PM »
Second unpopular opinion, despite me being introduced Im@s via cute songs on YouTube, the anime could've fleshed out more time on the other idols. It might as well have been called "Haruka-Miki-Chihaya" M@ster.

Third unpopular opinion, I don't get the point of Xenoglossia. :-/

I wouldn't call these "unpopular opinions", afaik that's what the majority of people think.

MetalPredat0r

• Producer
  • No Copyright Law in the Universe is gonna stop me!
    • View Profile
    • Follow me on Twitter if you want.
« Reply #16 on: June 22, 2017, 07:17:36 PM »
Not really an unpopular opinion if that's the majority opinion.

If you want an unpopular opinion, I'll give mine.

I think main 765 is getting stale at this point in terms of their personalities and especially their overall storylines. They really need either a game that advances their stories by taking place after they've become famous or have a game where they're either retired or so famous that they're not in need of a Producer like that anymore and thus are having to produce a new group of girls while the OGs are around to help you out as mentors.
Haikus are easy
But sometimes they don't make sense
Refrigerator

Chihayaa

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 22, 2017, 09:55:55 PM »
I think main 765 is getting stale at this point in terms of their personalities and especially their overall storylines.

I definitely agree with the point about their personalities and storylines, there's only so much they can do with Chihaya and her little brother. Hopefully we get event stories in Theater Days like in Starlight Stage and we can see more unique stories for main 765. I always wondered why there wasn't a real true story in Platinum Stars; I guess they just ran out of ideas?

My unpopular opinion: I think the 2011 anime did extremely well in what all anime adaptations are supposed to do; advertise the original source. In the end, all adaptations are simply ads for the source work (really well done adaptations don't feel commercialized, however) and I think A-1 Pictures chose the best character stories to represent iM@S: Haruka and Chihaya (and Miki to an extent). Of course, you have the typical viewer who isn't going to check out what iM@S has to offer and it kinda ruins the whole point, but I dunno, I actually love it when anime adaptations pull off their own little exclusive storyline. It treats the people who know the source work, prevents spoilers from those who know the source work, and if it's well done, it's a plus for everybody. 2011's take on Chihaya's route was perfectly executed and it was definitely a highlight for idol anime for me.

In fact I'd go so far as to say the second cour is one of the most well-done idol anime out there and that's actually me thinking really hard about it, too. It feels way less commercialized and "ok now that the anime is done go check out the games and music" like a couple of idol shows. To me I can feel the passion that A-1 put into the anime and idk it just feels like they really wanted to pull off an amazing show.

Kinda disappointing they dropped the ball on the movie, though :/ Cinderella Girls was pretty good so here's hoping they pull off a good SideM.

NubilaWind

« Reply #18 on: June 27, 2017, 06:02:20 AM »
@Sylphony

You're welcome! :-)

SnowCirrus

« Reply #19 on: September 29, 2017, 06:02:27 AM »
Sorry for the double post, but this just occurred to me.

I really hate the Touma/Haruka pairing. It just doesn't even seem right. They're two polar opposites in personality. I know that Haruka is 17, but she behaves too young  and naive. :-/

SapphicSari

• Greenhorn
  • Mami Futami IRL
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 29, 2017, 08:32:02 PM »
Sorry for the double post, but this just occurred to me.

I really hate the Touma/Haruka pairing. It just doesn't even seem right. They're two polar opposites in personality. I know that Haruka is 17, but she behaves too young  and naive. :-/

I hate it too! It doesn't make any sense to me...like I get the opposites attract thing, but it just doesn't appeal to me, especially since Touma came across as kind of a jerk in iM@S 2 & the anime...if you need an opposites attract ship for Haruka, then why not ship her with the cool, calm Chihaya? I never really understood Hokuto/Makoto or Shouta/Yayoi either. The characters have nothing in common, plus Hokuto is 20...I'd say 3 years is a bit much...this could just be my preference for some of the girlxgirl ships in iM@S, but those three make no sense!
Bruce from Finding Nemo is just Syoko's fursona and you can't tell me otherwise

Nagi

• Apprentice
  • #1 Dearly StarsP!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 02, 2017, 02:08:42 PM »
I'd say 3 years is a bit much...
You gotta be kidding me... a 3 years age gap, too much for a relationship? LMFAO! Not trying to be mean, but that’s the most ridiculous thing I’ve read. I’d say a big percentage of relationships (especially on seniors) have that age gap or even bigger. Ffs, there’s even a lot of couples today who have 20 and even 30 years of difference! How can you say a 3 year gap is too much compared to that?

SapphicSari

• Greenhorn
  • Mami Futami IRL
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 02, 2017, 08:56:59 PM »
You gotta be kidding me... a 3 years age gap, too much for a relationship? LMFAO! Not trying to be mean, but that’s the most ridiculous thing I’ve read. I’d say a big percentage of relationships (especially on seniors) have that age gap or even bigger. Ffs, there’s even a lot of couples today who have 20 and even 30 years of difference! How can you say a 3 year gap is too much compared to that?
What I mean is, 20 is legally an adult in Japan. There is no way a 20-year-old and a 17-year-old can have a healthy relationship. If it was 23 and 20, then maybe. I guess I worded it a bit weird...I have no problem with age gaps in relationships, but when one is an adult and the other is a kid, then in the words of a very wise hedgehog, that's no good.

Nagi

• Apprentice
  • #1 Dearly StarsP!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 02, 2017, 10:35:10 PM »
What I mean is, 20 is legally an adult in Japan. There is no way a 20-year-old and a 17-year-old can have a healthy relationship. If it was 23 and 20, then maybe. I guess I worded it a bit weird...I have no problem with age gaps in relationships, but when one is an adult and the other is a kid, then in the words of a very wise hedgehog, that's no good.
Oh, now I understood you and you’re right, I honestly think relationships till both persons aren’t in their 20s won’t work well, even though I think that if a 17 y/o wants to have a relationship with a person that is starting his 20s then there’s no problem, as the minor is just one year a way of being an adult (when talking about non-Japanese relationships ofc). The problem would start if the person is already on their half 20s and the other one is still a minor... so maybe that’s why I don’t see Hokuto and Makoto’s relationship weird (even though I myself don’t like this pairing), as Hokuto just became an adult and Makoto is almost an adult too in my point of view. Also, Japan is changing the legal adult age to 18 in 2021 iirc???

Anyways, like I said before, sorry if I came out as mean, that wasn’t my intention! I interpreted your words like you thought age gaps were bad in any age and I didn’t have in consideration Japan’s legal age, so in my head Makoto was just one year away of being an adult.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2017, 10:38:28 PM by Nagi »

SapphicSari

• Greenhorn
  • Mami Futami IRL
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 04, 2017, 12:04:12 AM »
Oh, now I understood you and you’re right, I honestly think relationships till both persons aren’t in their 20s won’t work well, even though I think that if a 17 y/o wants to have a relationship with a person that is starting his 20s then there’s no problem, as the minor is just one year a way of being an adult (when talking about non-Japanese relationships ofc). The problem would start if the person is already on their half 20s and the other one is still a minor... so maybe that’s why I don’t see Hokuto and Makoto’s relationship weird (even though I myself don’t like this pairing), as Hokuto just became an adult and Makoto is almost an adult too in my point of view. Also, Japan is changing the legal adult age to 18 in 2021 iirc???

Anyways, like I said before, sorry if I came out as mean, that wasn’t my intention! I interpreted your words like you thought age gaps were bad in any age and I didn’t have in consideration Japan’s legal age, so in my head Makoto was just one year away of being an adult.
Hey, no problem! I understand!

SapphicSari

• Greenhorn
  • Mami Futami IRL
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 04, 2017, 12:53:18 AM »
Other unpopular opinions: I'm not a huge fan of 9:02 pm. I just think that Tonari Ni is a much better song. Plus nearly every idol does it well, whereas there are so few decent versions of 9:02 pm. I especially dislike Chihaya's, it just sounds so...squawky? IDK the word I'm looking for...as opposed to her version of Tonari Ni, which is flawless. Like even Yayoi has a great Tonari Ni, which is saying something.
Despite Xenoglpossia's shortcomings, it did at least have a really cute design for Iori. I liked the purple hair. It was cool on her. I also liked her voice actress in that series, it fit her personality better. Rie Kugimiya is a fantastic Iori, but she's very high-pitched...

Kimiko

• Hi there!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 05, 2017, 05:19:58 PM »
I want a male Producer in the Side M Anime

THat's my unpopular opinion

Nagi

• Apprentice
  • #1 Dearly StarsP!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 05, 2017, 09:50:04 PM »
I want a male Producer in the Side M Anime

THat's my unpopular opinion
I second this opinion.

For my part: I think Deresute, as much as I love it, was the game that brought a lot of problematic fans into the fandom, and it makes me sad.

Kogami

• Greenhorn
    • View Profile
    • Flavors.me
« Reply #28 on: October 08, 2017, 05:13:29 AM »
^Seconding that. I love Deresute and CG but I kind of don't like how the english-speaking fanbase became now.

Well....my unpopular opinion.
Not sure if "unpopular" but I must say it's something that lowkey bothers me. I don't like it when Deresute-only fans calls Deresute/Cinderella Girls as "Idolmaster", as in "I play/love Idolmaster!" "Idolmaster girls" "I want Idolmaster to be localized" but they *only* meant Deresute, not Idolmaster in general, or even the core 765pro Imas. As if Deresute is the main and only Imas game. Hahah- Probably just me though. I'm trying to get used to it but it still bothers me at times.

(Also I've seen a person who literally called Deresute as "Idolmaster" but Mirishita as only "Theater Days" and really don't know how to feel about that...)

darkthunder

• Apprentice
  • Forum member
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 08, 2017, 09:36:08 AM »
^Seconding that. I love Deresute and CG but I kind of don't like how the english-speaking fanbase became now.

Well....my unpopular opinion.
Not sure if "unpopular" but I must say it's something that lowkey bothers me. I don't like it when Deresute-only fans calls Deresute/Cinderella Girls as "Idolmaster", as in "I play/love Idolmaster!" "Idolmaster girls" "I want Idolmaster to be localized" but they *only* meant Deresute, not Idolmaster in general, or even the core 765pro Imas. As if Deresute is the main and only Imas game. Hahah- Probably just me though. I'm trying to get used to it but it still bothers me at times.

(Also I've seen a person who literally called Deresute as "Idolmaster" but Mirishita as only "Theater Days" and really don't know how to feel about that...)
Yeah agreeing with this, they should call deresute as it is or cgss but  they keep calling it as idolmaster like it is the main branch of the series. Before deresute was release the fanbase was quite okay but now it became a cancerous fanbase.

Should also noted that the current CG popularity have destroyed the value of the original console game a.k.a PS making it a rhythm game with gacha and no communication with the idol  like deresute.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2017, 09:46:40 AM by darkthunder »