puppies-volcanic
Username: Password:

Author Topic: Unpopular opinion  (Read 2058 times)

Producerchan

• Greenhorn
    • View Profile
Unpopular opinion
« on: May 13, 2017, 04:28:20 PM »
... I prefer Hibiki's, Ritsuko's, and (M)ami's versions of "I Want" to Haruka's.

Anybody else have any other unpopular opinions of the series?

Kimiko

• Hi there!
    • View Profile
Re: Unpopular opinion
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2017, 05:17:22 PM »
... I prefer Hibiki's, Ritsuko's, and (M)ami's versions of "I Want" to Haruka's.

Anybody else have any other unpopular opinions of the series?

Why is that an unpopular opinion?
a lot of people like other I want versions more than Harukas xD

Hime Idol

• Ohimechin is life!
    • View Profile
    • YouTube Channel
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2017, 12:59:36 AM »
Personally I love using Yayoi as a backup singer for I Want. She's THE best back up singer for that song.

I also love using Yayoi in the second slot for trio versions of Meisou Mind. She hits the notes perfectly. Which is very odd considering it is Yayoi after all.

Also I have the very unpopular opinion that Takane's version of DREAM is horrible and that her version of Tonari ni... isn't that good. I honestly don't like Miki or Takane much in the m@ster version of Overmaster either; their game version sounds a bit better. I rather use Hibiki, Yukiho, Iori in Overmaster - in those exact positions. And I love Chihaya's 9:02pm.

I also have the EXTREMELY unpopular opinion that Takane tends to sound bad in most of her m@ster versions of songs. She always sounds better in the game version or when Yumi Hara performs live.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2017, 01:07:10 AM by Hime Idol »
I'd appreciate any help anyone has to offer. The games and DLCs are very expensive and I'd really appreciate whatever you guys can send. My PayPal.Me link: paypal.me/HimeIdol

MamiTomoeForever

• Greenhorn
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2017, 08:15:01 AM »
I kind of like Haruka's version of Aoi Tori.

Verita V.

• Greenhorn
  • Forum plumber
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2017, 06:52:03 PM »
I believe that the imas fandom can do without the 2011 anime.
To this day I still hate how that anime pigeonholed every idols' personalities and only put 3 of them onto spotlight.
I would've preferred the anime if they made it in Omnibus style like Amagami; 4 episodes centered on each heroine, that which I call fairness.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2017, 07:02:17 PM by Verita V. »

Hime Idol

• Ohimechin is life!
    • View Profile
    • YouTube Channel
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2017, 03:07:46 AM »
I believe that the imas fandom can do without the 2011 anime.
To this day I still hate how that anime pigeonholed every idols' personalities and only put 3 of them onto spotlight.
I would've preferred the anime if they made it in Omnibus style like Amagami; 4 episodes centered on each heroine, that which I call fairness.

In all fairness that's how I got into iDOLM@STER. Without the anime I wouldn't be here.
I'd appreciate any help anyone has to offer. The games and DLCs are very expensive and I'd really appreciate whatever you guys can send. My PayPal.Me link: paypal.me/HimeIdol

KittyxChan

• Greenhorn
  • Jupiter is #1 :3
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2017, 05:27:24 AM »
In all fairness that's how I got into iDOLM@STER. Without the anime I wouldn't be here.
I feel you there. XD The anime helped me like im@s more because I couldn't play the games. :( But I would watch playthroughs and stuff....... ;_;

(Speaking of the anime I'm super hyped for the Side M anime *u* Even if the majority of the fanbase is cringing. >_>)

Verita V.

• Greenhorn
  • Forum plumber
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2017, 01:53:43 PM »
Without the anime I wouldn't be here.
The anime helped me like im@s more because I couldn't play the games.
I should really stop being so edgy.

I didn't mean to drive potential fans out, by the way, but it sort of disappointing to find out that many fans' understanding of the idols do not go beyond the anime. As that is the case then the anime should've been a verbatim adaptation of the games.

It's also worth mentioning that the franchise have lasted for at least 6 years since the arcades (9 if you count the beta) before the anime, and that there were plethora of ways for people to be introduced into the franchise. Hell, Home Haruka brought me into the fandom, out of all available options.

(Speaking of the anime I'm super hyped for the Side M anime *u* Even if the majority of the fanbase is cringing. >_>)

And here's another unpopular opinion; I'd welcome that anime too. The anime will be less likely to mess up with the personalities, even expanding on them, just like it did with CG, as they're pretty shallow compared to 765/876pro.

KittyxChan

• Greenhorn
  • Jupiter is #1 :3
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 06, 2017, 07:41:52 AM »
I should really stop being so edgy.

I didn't mean to drive potential fans out, by the way, but it sort of disappointing to find out that many fans' understanding of the idols do not go beyond the anime. As that is the case then the anime should've been a verbatim adaptation of the games.

It's also worth mentioning that the franchise have lasted for at least 6 years since the arcades (9 if you count the beta) before the anime, and that there were plethora of ways for people to be introduced into the franchise. Hell, Home Haruka brought me into the fandom, out of all available options.

And here's another unpopular opinion; I'd welcome that anime too. The anime will be less likely to mess up with the personalities, even expanding on them, just like it did with CG, as they're pretty shallow compared to 765/876pro.
Well, I did become a fan before the anime came out. As I said, I'd watch cutscenes and playthroughs via youtube of the games. :3 I actually really wish I could play them. ;n; But sadly I don't know enough Japanese to do so. :(

gioiadeasis

• Apprentice
  • Anderson Cooper's loyal wife❤
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 06, 2017, 11:17:13 AM »

Quote from: Hime Idol on June 04, 2017, 09:07:46 AM<blockquote>In all fairness that's how I got into iDOLM@STER. Without the anime I wouldn't be here.
</blockquote><blockquote>
</blockquote><blockquote>Actually, it's because of the anime that I became a Producer. After the anime, I decided to search for albums, other iM@S animes...and that's when I realized I'm in love with this franchise. So basically, I agree with Ohime-chin's sentiments.[/size]</blockquote>

I love anime, food, news and Anderson Cooper. ❤

NubilaWind

« Reply #10 on: June 17, 2017, 09:27:15 PM »
I really hate Haruka. She's just annoying to me. Too much optimism is irritating! >.>

Second unpopular opinion, despite me being introduced Im@s via cute songs on YouTube, the anime could've fleshed out more time on the other idols. It might as well have been called "Haruka-Miki-Chihaya" M@ster.

Third unpopular opinion, I don't get the point of Xenoglossia. :-/

« Last Edit: June 17, 2017, 09:29:13 PM by NubilaWind »

Producerchan

• Greenhorn
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 18, 2017, 09:08:00 PM »
Third unpopular opinion, I don't get the point of Xenoglossia. :-/

Yeah, especially since it has (from my understanding) a completely different voice cast.

Sylphony

• Greenhorn
  • Forum member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 19, 2017, 03:19:44 AM »

I agree with the disappointment but I wouldn't want the original anime to be a "verbatim adaption" of the game.  If I wanted that, I'd just play the game in the first place.  I think the anime, while it could have focused more on the other characters, stands out as good as it is because it doesn't try to follow the game to the exact detail but still ensures the characters' identities are incorporated.

NubilaWind

« Reply #13 on: June 20, 2017, 02:14:34 AM »
@Sylphony

You bring up a very good point here.
But have you seen the manga adaption of IdolM@ster? It expands the characters' beautifully. (in my opinion it does) If they had of incorporated the manga chapters into the anime, it would've tied up many loose ends and linked stories together so well!

http://www.mangahere.co/manga/the_idolm_ster_mana/c001/

Sylphony

• Greenhorn
  • Forum member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 22, 2017, 02:13:07 AM »
I haven't, but I most likely will when I get the chance to.

Thanks for the link.