Username: Password:

Author Topic: iDOLM@STER for Nintendo Consoles?  (Read 390 times)

SapphicSari

• Greenhorn
  • Mami Futami IRL
    • View Profile
iDOLM@STER for Nintendo Consoles?
« on: September 14, 2017, 04:24:38 PM »
I know the idea sounds crazy, but it could work.

First of all, the Nintendo Switch is portable, so you could produce your idols on the go. The franchise has appeared on Nintendo platforms before (with Dearly Stars on the Nintendo DS). Additionally, this could provide some cool crossover opportunities. I'm not talking about seeing Haruka and friends duking it out with Mario, Link, and Fox on Final Destination. I can definitely see iDOLM@STER themed content appearing in other games, though, even if it's as simple as a Mii Costume in one of the Mario Kart games (hey, Mega Man got one!) or an iDOLM@STER themed stage in Smash Bros. or something. Heck, there could even be an in-joke or something in Splatoon, since that series also features idols in the form of the Squid Sisters and Off the Hook.

Not to mention Nintendo content in an iDOLM@STER game. I can totally see a song or two (probably something like that "Lost in Thoughts All Alone" song from Fire Emblem or maybe something from Xenoblade? I could also see "Freesia" from Rockman Zero but that's Capcom...not that they treat the series well in general) from Nintendo being DLC. Not to mention the possibility of Nintendo-themed outfits and accessories for your idol to wear, possibly unlocked with amiibo. Now, nothing super ambitious, as there are dozens and dozens of different amiibo. Like, using the amiibo of a character like R.O.B. might boost your stats in game a bit, but not unlock a costume. However, using a Mario amiibo might unlock Mario's overalls and hat as an outfit. It might change color for each idol, for example, Yayoi's hat would be orange and have a Y on it, while Hibiki's would be blue and have an H. Or using an amiibo of one of the Squid Sisters will give you their outfits. I can also see Lucina's mask as an accessory.

Speaking of amiibo, imagine the possibility of iDOLM@STER themed amiibo? Maybe boosting the stats of their specific idol once per day. For example, you could use a Chihaya amiibo if you were producing Chihaya. Haruka's amiibo could be bundled with the game, but others would be sold individually (the exception is Ami and Mami, who are sold together in a two pack, like Marie and Callie from Splatoon, or the Smash Bros Retro Pack which had three amiibo). I don't know about you, but I'd pay good money for amiibo of my favorite girls.

IDK, I'm just rambling...
Bruce from Finding Nemo is just Syoko's fursona and you can't tell me otherwise

Nagi

• Apprentice
  • #1 Dearly StarsP!
    • View Profile
Re: iDOLM@STER for Nintendo Consoles?
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2017, 07:18:02 PM »
As long as it is a Dearly Stars game, I’m OK with another iM@S game being produced for a Nintendo platform. If it is not a DS game, then I honestly pass. I’ve heard Nintendo and Bamco had some troubles back in the day at DS era, and we are still suffering the consequences, like the lack of Dearly Stars content (they’ve been reduced to cameos, with only Ryo actually being relevant nowadays thanks to his inclusion in SideM) or the fact that only one iM@S DS game (out of three or four planned) came out. I honestly can’t see iM@S on a Nintendo platform after this, unless like I already said its a DS game, as Nintendo owns a part of DS’s rights and the other three unreleased games’ names are copyrighted so it could happen that, with a little bit of luck, they bring those games back for either the Switch or the 3DS.

SapphicSari

• Greenhorn
  • Mami Futami IRL
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2017, 03:00:36 AM »
I've been thinking about this lately, and what if it was a Dearly Stars game, so you had Ai, Eri, and Ryo...but you could also produce Ryo's friend Yumeko and Eri's internet friend Cineria? IDK, I think it would be cool to produce those two, especially since I love Cineria's design.

Yui

• Producer
  • Presenting Pisces Yui!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2017, 08:16:35 AM »
All I can say is: Who knows? Many unexpected games came to Switch now (even Touhou). I mean, not to break any hopes or something.

SapphicSari

• Greenhorn
  • Mami Futami IRL
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2017, 06:35:28 PM »
All I can say is: Who knows? Many unexpected games came to Switch now (even Touhou). I mean, not to break any hopes or something.
I can always dream. It's probably not to the extent of what I envisioned, but it could happen! (But if it did happen, Nintendo costumes are a definite, I mean you saw what they did to Bayonetta)