Username: Password:

Author Topic: Board opening  (Read 2556 times)

Yunabeco

• Webmaster
  • Administrator
  • Chihaya appreciator.
    • View Profile
    • Project-iM@S
Board opening
« on: August 17, 2015, 09:34:46 PM »
Yep, another board. There are many iM@S-related topics, including ones not covering games, characters, or derived products, but those don't seem to have a place anywhere outside the General Chatter. I'd feel bad sending them there, since they're still iM@S-related.

This board is for those topics. I'm testing the waters for now; I'm still hesitating between this and a board merge with Characters and/or Derived products.
Wiki - CGdex (by Tsadi) - CG card catalog - Available most of the time on IRC @ #idolmaster@irc.rizon.net

animagic4u

• Producer
  • #seiyuusports
    • View Profile
    • Blog
Re: Board opening
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2015, 10:04:21 PM »
Sounds like a good place for us to discuss lives and seiyuu

Virgofall

• *curtsy*
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2015, 11:14:31 PM »
There are many iM@S-related topics, including ones not covering games, characters, or derived products, but those don't seem to have a place anywhere outside the General Chatter. I'd feel bad sending them there, since they're still iM@S-related.
This brings me to a question about the "Community works" forum; does the content there HAVE to be iM@S-specific content? I ask because it hasn't been very clear, and in light of this board's existence, I'd assume fan content would qualify for discussion here (and indeed has been discussed in General Chatter in past). Maybe it's obvious to most people, idk, but it isn't obvious to me.

altuixde

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2015, 11:52:13 PM »
Content in "Community works" doesn't have to be iM@S-specific. :)

iM@S related fan content could be discussed here in this (Other iM@S discussion) board, but if you've made it yourself then it probably belongs in Community works.

SakuraMaxX

• Producer
  • (/・Д・)/NO!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2015, 01:44:23 AM »
Don't merge character boards pls

The only thing people ever do with the character board is spam pictures they found on danbooru or something

MetalPredat0r

• Producer
  • No Copyright Law in the Universe is gonna stop me!
    • View Profile
    • Follow me on Twitter if you want.
« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2015, 01:59:11 AM »
I can definitely see this for CD releases, livestreams, concerts, and even fanmade works or speculation.

Though I agree to leave the Characters thread where they are, as if they get much attention anyway. :/

Derived Products could work in combining but that section is rather numerous on its own.
Haikus are easy
But sometimes they don't make sense
Refrigerator

Scotty

• 961Pro President
  • Global Moderator
  • Producer
  • Kuroi Shachou
    • View Profile
    • G+ iDOLM@STER Community
« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2015, 04:04:25 AM »
This brings me to a question about the "Community works" forum; does the content there HAVE to be iM@S-specific content? I ask because it hasn't been very clear, and in light of this board's existence, I'd assume fan content would qualify for discussion here (and indeed has been discussed in General Chatter in past). Maybe it's obvious to most people, idk, but it isn't obvious to me.

I would very much like it to be works relating to imas. It's under community, but it's an imas community above all else. Other works could totally go under General.

I can definitely see this for CD releases, livestreams, concerts, and even fanmade works or speculation.

Though I agree to leave the Characters thread where they are, as if they get much attention anyway. :/

Derived Products could work in combining but that section is rather numerous on its own.

CD releases makes sense under 'CD releases'.

Don't merge character boards pls

The only thing people ever do with the character board is spam pictures they found on danbooru or something

Agreed. It's the poor man's booru.

Maka

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2015, 04:53:02 AM »
I've put other random threads in the Characters section (like the "dream covers" topic) but I really think this was a needed board :0

ChocoCats

• Producer
  • Yoshi♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 18, 2015, 05:40:12 AM »
I personally don't bother with the "Character Board" because there's nothing interesting there.

Let's see... There's Radios, Seiyuus, Lives/Concerts, etc... Would IM@S themed food go under "Derived products"?

Anyways, nice to see you.

Behold! The Yarn Yoshi Army!

Cael K.

• Producer
  • Dark Slayer Style!
    • View Profile
    • Memories of Melon Pan
« Reply #9 on: August 18, 2015, 06:43:25 AM »

This. Sometimes I've wondered where stuff that is Im@s-derived, but isn't a piece of merchandise, should go. Concerts, events, cameos and guest appearances in other games, promotions and tie-ups...

... Games which will obviously have their own board but aren't out yet (Im@s 3). Threads that could go in this subforum are all over the place though.
Cael's Im@s Ranking: Azusa, Yumeko, Tomomi, Haruka

How to get stuff from Japan without causing things to explode in a shower of sparks and misery: http://forum.project-imas.com/index.php/topic,1108.0.html

Memories of Melon Pan: http://d.hatena.ne.jp/caelk/
Translations: http://www.mediafire.com/?hzc4b0jy7pwll

Currently translating (text only):
S(mile)ING! (English version, singable) - http://d.hatena.ne.jp/caelk/20140911/1410422445
Neue Green, Volume 3 - Will start sometime. ^_^;;
Rockin' Girl, Volume 1 (Chapters 1-5) - http://www.mediafire.com/?z00ffkvg5ocg11e

Tengu B

• Apprentice
  • Forum member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 02, 2015, 09:37:17 PM »
Will all the scattered Imas topics in General Chatter go here if the board sticks?