puppies-volcanic
Username: Password:

Author Topic: The iDOLM@STER SideM Anime Discussion  (Read 3457 times)

gioiadeasis

• Apprentice
  • Anderson Cooper's loyal wife❤
    • View Profile
Re: The iDOLM@STER SideM Anime Discussion
« Reply #30 on: October 10, 2017, 12:16:46 PM »
Guys, so I just watched the first episode last Sunday, and it was so damn awesome. I don't really have to tell you all what happened, but one thing is for sure: this is probably the best adaptation of any iDOLM@STER anime so far. also I am beginning to love Kaoru now!

I love anime, food, news and Anderson Cooper. ❤

Nagi

• Apprentice
  • #1 Dearly StarsP!
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 10, 2017, 10:37:04 PM »
I hate Kaoru, he was so rude with my dear Tsubasa... how dare he to mess with the sweetest cinnamon roll :(

Yui

• Producer
  • Presenting Pisces Yui!
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 22, 2017, 03:46:46 PM »
Well, seeing Ryo again was a nice surprise.
Anyway, the anime is interesting. I liking it. As for characters, since I like cold type and blue characters, I liked Kaoru. But I admit he's sort of a jerk. xD

mariokirby

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 04, 2017, 06:11:34 AM »
Just watched episode 9.  I liked this episode, and the last episode since Jupiter had much importance. (Liked, that flyer too with the 765 idols that the producer was showing to Jupiter.)

(what I’m about to say isn't going to make much sense.  Oh, well).

I just want to say that this episode affected me a lot.  Jupiter helped me take a step closer in getting into im@s way back in 2011 before the anime came out.  I guess I felt I could relate to them more than the producer.  I felt like I was their rival rather than 765.

If I had to describe my feeling this episode, it would be nostalgic (well…I tend overuse this word a lot)

When they left 961 their future was uncertain. That was similar to me when I graduated since I was a student. My future was uncertain too.  I felt helpless.

But, they kept struggling because they wanted to keep their dedication and gratefulness to their fans who supported them even after the disaster with 961.  But, the most important thing I felt they had was patience.  Hoping someday something good will come out of it. 

I guess I could sort of relate to that too.  Had several failures and no talent, but kept on struggling. Maybe, my time to shine wasn’t now.  Sometimes, you want things right away.

But now, just like how Jupiter is different from their 2011 self, I’m different from my 2011 self.  They become famous, and looking back I realized how much we changed and improved ourselves.  But, I want to keep going even further. Just want to thank them for being cool guys to hang out with.

And, I really like that song at the end. Just has that feeling of nostalgia.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2017, 06:43:00 AM by mariokirby »

suzushinayuriko

• Witness my true power!
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 13, 2017, 04:08:49 AM »
Just realized SideM has been airing for a while.

I've always liked Jupiter, even when the iM@S2 hatetrain against them was going strong. So I'm glad to see Jupiter make a comeback in more of a mentor role. And you really get a sense of how close those three are. Touma in particular is legit one of my favorite idols. He's definitely the best "red leader" character.

The SideM anime is actually pretty damn good. With Tsubasa and W, things got a little more serious than I was expecting it to, which isn't a bad thing. At least it's not forced drama like Mio. The whole "fuck my previous job I'm gonna become a pop idol" thing gets a little silly, but stranger things have happened in real life. I'd definitely put SideM above Cinderella Girls at the moment.

As a side note, Kaoru is pretty much Slightly Bitchier Chihaya: Doctor Edition. But Shiki is top tier husbando.

Nagi

• Apprentice
  • #1 Dearly StarsP!
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 13, 2017, 04:26:08 AM »
Just realized SideM has been airing for a while.

The whole "fuck my previous job I'm gonna become a pop idol" thing gets a little silly, but stranger things have happened in real life.
You need to remember that some of them had to quit their jobs even before having the idea of becoming idols. Take Tsubasa as an example. He needed to quit because he legit got PTSD thanks to having a troublesome flight (which is honestly one of the most realistic and well-handled examples of drama in im@s, SideM in general has really good bg stories tbh), and that’s because he could’ve ended with the lives of a lot of people who were on that flight. S.E.M’s reasons are the silliest ones, but S.E.M itself is a p silly unit (and one of the most amazing ones! ♡) so it goes well with them lol.

suzushinayuriko

• Witness my true power!
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 13, 2017, 06:37:27 AM »
The transition from freelance lawyer to idol was a bit jarring, but I do agree it applies to SEM more than anyone else. SEM's a bit too wacky for me. But I can see why people find them endearing, plus they add a lot of variety to the cast.

Tsubasa's episode was fantastic, actually. I like that the "yellow/green idol" drama was early on, not dragged out, and actually pretty heartbreaking and relatable.