Username: Password:

Author Topic: The iDOLM@STER SideM Anime Discussion  (Read 3375 times)

DeviantProtagonist

• Producer
  • 本当にありがとう, あずみん.
    • View Profile
The iDOLM@STER SideM Anime Discussion
« on: February 12, 2017, 10:20:16 PM »
As it turned out, an animated adaptation of SideM has all been confirmed to be green-lit.

http://side-m.idolmaster-anime.jp/

As per discussion, feel free to express your thoughts, speculations and any reservations.
Suddenly, bow-wow-wow~. :3

Chihayaa

• View Profile
Re: The iDOLM@STER SideM Anime Discussion
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2017, 12:05:18 AM »
WOW. A rhythm (hopefully rhythm) game AND an anime? I figured it would be one or the other, but to get BOTH at the same time is such a neat surprise. I'm so happy with all the decisions Scamco has made with SideM, definitely makes them less of a scam in my heart.

According to a reddit post on the iM@S sub, apparently GamiP found a producer and staff willing to make a SideM anime a reality, which leads me to believe A-1 Pictures will not handle the anime. Not too sure how studios work in Japan (can directors and producers work at any studio they want, or do they stick to one studio?) but I'm wondering what studio Scamco has chosen. As someone who really enjoyed the iM@S and iM@S CG anime (CG to a lesser extent), I'm a bit worried about how the SideM anime will go. If anything I'll probably love it a lot more (as long as it doesn't go an utapri direction and become a reverse harem romance oh god please no anything but that scamco please im begging you dont mess this one up)

Nonetheless, there will be a NicoNico broadcast on 3/15 (for 315PRO) where they'll discuss the production staff and show some key visuals, so I really hope we'll see the other idols in this new art style! I'm also curious if they'll focus on a core twelve ~ fifteen like CG and ML or if they'll try for all of 315PRO.

terucchi

• Apprentice
  • nico nico nii madafaka
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2017, 03:04:22 PM »
Pretty sure y'all already noticed this, but if you go to the SideM anime homepage and look at the source code, you can find Takahashi-satchou's silhouette!

Clear Blue

• Producer
  • Omigosh!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2017, 11:46:13 PM »
315Prez is recruiting Producers and trying to find out which one is the best P to be part of 315Pro.
"My name's Amagase Touma, A-ma-ga-se To-u-ma, got it?" - Amagase Touma

MetalPredat0r

• Producer
  • No Copyright Law in the Universe is gonna stop me!
    • View Profile
    • Follow me on Twitter if you want.
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2017, 04:50:25 AM »
At first, I was aggressively against the idea of SideM getting an anime before Million Live. In fact, the mere idea made me furious.

However, over time, I came to accept the fact and realized that all it would do was delay a Million Live anime rather than outright cancel it.

Plus, this gives me a better opportunity to get introduced to SideM alongside the new Live on St@ge game.

So bring on the era of male idols, I say!
Haikus are easy
But sometimes they don't make sense
Refrigerator

Kimiko

• Hi there!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2017, 07:45:02 PM »
At first, I was aggressively against the idea of SideM getting an anime before Million Live. In fact, the mere idea made me furious.

However, over time, I came to accept the fact and realized that all it would do was delay a Million Live anime rather than outright cancel it.

Plus, this gives me a better opportunity to get introduced to SideM alongside the new Live on St@ge game.

So bring on the era of male idols, I say!

It does not necessary mean that Million Live anime get's delayed, since Side M anime will not be produced by a1 pictures

MetalPredat0r

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2017, 10:29:09 PM »
It does not necessary mean that Million Live anime get's delayed, since Side M anime will not be produced by a1 pictures

Is that confirmed and is there a source for that?
Haikus are easy
Refrigerator

Kimiko

• Hi there!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2017, 11:13:31 PM »
Is that confirmed and is there a source for that?

Gami- P said  that he was glad that he found a studio that wanted to handle a side M anime. So I would say it is safe to assume that A1 will not be doing it. Of course there is no official source but I'm pretty sure it will be confirmed sooner than later

Apparently GamiP found a producer and staff willing to make a SideM anime a reality.

Chihayaa

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2017, 11:34:04 PM »
Not sure if Million Live takes up the assets of an entire studio but judging by the card's art style and comparing it to the iM@S anime, I think A-1 Pictures are the people behind ML's art and they probably have their hands full with them as well as the many anime they put out each year. Not to mention they're finding plenty of success with the four seasons of UtaPri that they animated; they probably have no reason to work on a SideM anime. (Let's not forget the time A-1 worked one of their animators to death)

Keeping SideM to whatever-studio and Million Live to A-1 Pictures lets both franchises have quality content AND have content going on at the same time, so here's hoping SideM goes to another studio! Judging by the promo artwork, I'm not too worried about the quality of the anime (the story's a whole other rant haha)

MetalPredat0r

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 17, 2017, 12:38:28 AM »
Gami- P said  that he was glad that he found a studio that wanted to handle a side M anime. So I would say it is safe to assume that A1 will not be doing it. Of course there is no official source but I'm pretty sure it will be confirmed sooner than later

A producer and staff could still be A-1, but at the very least new info will be coming out soon.

Not sure if Million Live takes up the assets of an entire studio but judging by the card's art style and comparing it to the iM@S anime, I think A-1 Pictures are the people behind ML's art and they probably have their hands full with them as well as the many anime they put out each year. Not to mention they're finding plenty of success with the four seasons of UtaPri that they animated; they probably have no reason to work on a SideM anime. (Let's not forget the time A-1 worked one of their animators to death)

Keeping SideM to whatever-studio and Million Live to A-1 Pictures lets both franchises have quality content AND have content going on at the same time, so here's hoping SideM goes to another studio! Judging by the promo artwork, I'm not too worried about the quality of the anime (the story's a whole other rant haha)

Honestly, I feel like that's the best-case scenario. SideM and Million Live running at the same time under different studios would be an interesting experiment. If anything, I'd actually have more than one anime to watch during a season.
Haikus are easy
Refrigerator

terucchi

• Apprentice
  • nico nico nii madafaka
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 23, 2017, 07:54:28 AM »
Sincerely hoping for Sunrise since it'll be interesting to have Sunrise boys outside of mechas on an actual planet :p

Chihayaa

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 28, 2017, 12:29:40 AM »
Sincerely hoping for Sunrise since it'll be interesting to have Sunrise boys outside of mechas on an actual planet :p

I think Sunrise would be a great choice since Love Live! Sunshine!! Season 2 was announced for a Fall release. Maybe SideM will air in the summer and then they'll be able to rake in both male idol fans and female idol fans!

Chihayaa

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 15, 2017, 05:36:37 PM »
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2017-03-15/the-idolm@ster-sidem-anime-reveals-new-promo-video-visual-staff/.113455

A-1 Pictures will be in charge of the SideM anime, so it really does seem like Million Live won't get an adaptation this year, unfortunately for ML fans! You do have Theater Days, though =P

Beit promo image and promo trailer as well

gioiadeasis

• Apprentice
  • Anderson Cooper's loyal wife❤
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 19, 2017, 03:21:22 PM »
[quote author=Chihayaa link=topic=2582.msg68988#msg68988 date=1489595797

A-1 Pictures will be in charge of the SideM anime, so it really does seem like Million Live won't get an adaptation this year, unfortunately for ML fans!

[/quote]

Pretty much knew it, since Risa Taneda is on hiatus. I think they wanted all the voice actresses present for all the recordings.

I love anime, food, news and Anderson Cooper. ❤

Kimiko

• Hi there!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 19, 2017, 06:03:16 PM »

Pretty much knew it, since Risa Taneda is on hiatus. I think they wanted all the voice actresses present for all the recordings.

You could say that but htere are hits that she is back from hiatus or slowly starting to come back.
But most likely it is because side M has to stand up against other male idol games that dominate the market at the moment like Idolish7, marginal#4, tsukiuta and many more which got anime adaptations last/this year. It is more likely that the anime coming so soon is a marketing strategy to stay relevant inside this huge pool of male idols which have a pretty big fanbase.