puppies-volcanic
Username: Password:

Author Topic: THE iDOLM@STER SideM: LIVE ON ST@GE!  (Read 954 times)

Teddie

• Apprentice
  • 僕たちのResistance
    • View Profile
THE iDOLM@STER SideM: LIVE ON ST@GE!
« on: February 11, 2017, 10:31:05 PM »
So, a new rhythm game is announced:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jkeuCk_iMIg

It's a rhythm game.

Like with Deresute being Deremas's spinoff game, it is an another spinoff game (I guess.)

EDIT: I also forgot to add, but Yamamura Ken got voiced! His VA is Kawanishi Kengo.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2017, 11:27:26 PM by Teddie »

HibikiP | MakotoP | MioP |My Cinderella Producers profile~

Kimiko

• Hi there!
    • View Profile
Re: THE iDOLM@STER SideM: LIVE ON ST@GE!
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2017, 11:23:51 PM »
I am really happy that this comes out before any ML game
not becasue I hate ML but (as a girl) I am really happy to see Side M getting more attention
I hope Preregistrations open soon.

Chihayaa

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2017, 11:43:32 PM »
I'm extremely happy that SideM is getting a rhythm game! I expected Million Live to get one first so this is a very neat surprise. As much as I love Million Live and its songs, I love SideM even more.

Hopefully we find see some pictures, videos, and more info in the coming months! The trailer doesn't even specify if it's a rhythm game so Scamco really wants to keep 99% of LIVE ON ST@GE a secret I suppose.

terucchi

• Apprentice
  • nico nico nii madafaka
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2017, 01:02:17 AM »
I am really happy that this comes out before any ML game
not becasue I hate ML but (as a girl) I am really happy to see Side M getting more attention
I hope Preregistrations open soon.

surprise i guess

Kimiko

• Hi there!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2017, 03:39:37 PM »
https://youtu.be/w-SqU2l6B1o

New Trailer
Like it :-*

Chihayaa

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2017, 05:21:36 PM »
It seems like the idols don't get different choreography like they did in THEATER DAYS? Deresute at least has engaging camera work so hopefully we get to see more MVs soon and see what else they have in store. The last few seconds of the PV show "Scout" and "Produce" buttons so it's likely that it's indeed a card-based rhythm game! Not sure where the new character artwork comes from but if that's the style we get in-game, that would be really impressive since they all look so visually striking.

I can't believe THEATER DAYS and LIVE ON ST@GE (and the SideM anime!) are happening in the same year. This is such an awesome time for the mobile spin-offs and it leaves me to wonder what they plan on doing with the 765ALLSTARS. They'll be in TD but they'll definitely give the other girls more attention.

Nagi

• Apprentice
  • Hidaka Ai and DS #1 stan!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2017, 03:25:58 AM »
It seems like the idols don't get different choreography like they did in THEATER DAYS? Deresute at least has engaging camera work so hopefully we get to see more MVs soon and see what else they have in store. The last few seconds of the PV show "Scout" and "Produce" buttons so it's likely that it's indeed a card-based rhythm game! Not sure where the new character artwork comes from but if that's the style we get in-game, that would be really impressive since they all look so visually striking.

I can't believe THEATER DAYS and LIVE ON ST@GE (and the SideM anime!) are happening in the same year. This is such an awesome time for the mobile spin-offs and it leaves me to wonder what they plan on doing with the 765ALLSTARS. They'll be in TD but they'll definitely give the other girls more attention.
Unlike Theater Days, LIVE ON ST@GE is made by the same developer that made Deresute iirc, so we can expect them to have more similarities between both of them than Theater Days have with Deresute, one of them being not getting different dance movements (even though Theater Days also has this for solo songs like we could see in Suteki na Kiseki and Precious Grain's MVs). Theater Days' experience is closer to one of the main games than it is to a traditional phone rhythm game, while Deresute and now LIVE ON ST@GE (at least for what they've shown in the PV) are purely made to be rhythm games.

And about the art style... well, of course it will be that one the one featured in the game, it is the same art style and artist from the Mobage, I don't see why would they change that lol.

mariokirby

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2017, 04:46:24 AM »
That was pretty nostalgic seeing Jupiter dance again.

Chihayaa

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2017, 08:08:55 AM »
And about the art style... well, of course it will be that one the one featured in the game, it is the same art style and artist from the Mobage, I don't see why would they change that lol.

Ah, I see! I just noticed how much more polished the art style looks compared to the Mobage art. I also had no idea it was the same developer as Deresute and not THEATER DAYS, which might explain why Million Live has yet to get a crossover event with Granblue Fantasy (iirc Cygames owns Deresute, Raibuste and GBF)!

MetalPredat0r

• Producer
  • No Copyright Law in the Universe is gonna stop me!
    • View Profile
    • Follow me on Twitter if you want.
« Reply #9 on: June 08, 2017, 07:51:44 PM »
Wanted to clarify a few things.

I can't believe THEATER DAYS and LIVE ON ST@GE (and the SideM anime!) are happening in the same year.

This is unconfirmed. Theater Days is coming out this year, but Live on St@ge has no release schedule planned out at all. Perhaps it'll come out to coincide with the anime?

Unlike Theater Days, LIVE ON ST@GE is made by the same developer that made Deresute iirc

Actually, Live on St@ge is being handled by a separate developer from Starlight Stage and Theater Days entirely. Cygames has nothing to do with the SideM franchise, let alone Live on St@ge.

which might explain why Million Live has yet to get a crossover event with Granblue Fantasy (iirc Cygames owns Deresute, Raibuste and GBF)!

It has nothing to do with developer. It has to do with platform, though. Cinderella Girls and SideM are both part of the Mobage platform while Million Live is part of the GREE platform.

And even when taking developers into consideration, Cygames did not make SideM. They did develop Cinderella Girls, hence the large number of crossovers between Cinderella Girls and Granblue.
Haikus are easy
But sometimes they don't make sense
Refrigerator

Chihayaa

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 09, 2017, 03:06:16 AM »
I see, thank you for clearing all of that up for me!

Clear Blue

• Producer
  • Omigosh!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 16, 2017, 04:11:59 AM »
It's also undetermined that whether or not Live On St@ge is actually a rhythm game.

For now they've announced it as a "Dramatic Idol Producing Live Game", and we've only saw the 3D live section.

I'm worried that if SideM is going to release another rhythm game for the handheld, it won't be able to stand out with the rest. To me, it'll only become another money grabbing rhythm game.
"My name's Amagase Touma, A-ma-ga-se To-u-ma, got it?" - Amagase Touma

Nagi

• Apprentice
  • Hidaka Ai and DS #1 stan!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 17, 2017, 10:35:29 AM »
It is obviously going to be a rhythm game. I mean, what would be the point of the game then? Watching the 3D MVs? And why would Scamco make a rhythm game for CG and ML! but not SideM? Besides, the screenshots of the main menu gives enough clues that this will be a rhythm game.

Also, we all know the game will be a cash grab. Every iM@S game is a money printer for Scamco tbh, but at least in rhythm games you aren't forced to pay, unlike in the mobages where ppl who pays have more privileges and its easy for them to get the event cards. In rhythm games there's still the gacha, but you can get the event cards easily by just grinding some points every day.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2017, 10:42:25 AM by Nagi »

Chihayaa

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 17, 2017, 06:43:36 PM »
Yeah for me personally I think it's gonna be a rhythm game. I think rhythm games are the best way to advertise their music. Have either ML! or SideM earned a Gold certification for any of their CDs? I know CG has a few times but I've never heard of a SideM single getting Gold.

I definitely think SideM has the ability to stand up on top. IMHO no other male idol franchise will top SideM's songs (in fact a lot of idol franchises under the Lantis label have good music) and character designs and it's one of the only couple of male idol games out there that doesn't rely on the whole high school, otome, romance, or all of the above trope. I think the premise of SideM alone (men quitting their jobs to become idols)  really helps it stand out. Not sure what it is with male idol series taking place in high school and 90% there's a female student producing them, haha. THOSE are what I'd consider money grabbing tbh.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2017, 07:43:21 PM by Chihayaa »

Clear Blue

• Producer
  • Omigosh!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 18, 2017, 07:48:39 PM »
I mean, what would be the point of the game then? Watching the 3D MVs?
Tell that to Idolm@ster SP and iM@S 2, buddy. They aren't rhythm games but they have what Idolm@ster does best. Idol producing and LOTS of idol interaction.

SideM (card game) doesn't have much of that and I do hope Live On St@ge will give us something similar to that.
"My name's Amagase Touma, A-ma-ga-se To-u-ma, got it?" - Amagase Touma