Username: Password:

Author Topic: R.I.P. Carrie Fisher (1956 - 2016)  (Read 616 times)

DeviantProtagonist

• Producer
  • 本当にありがとう, あずみん.
    • View Profile
R.I.P. Carrie Fisher (1956 - 2016)
« on: December 27, 2016, 09:29:27 PM »
She was clearly one to empower women back in the day, so hearing of this felt so surreal. Nevertheless, I give her thanks for shaping my childhood.

Her final year was 60. May the force be with her.
Suddenly, bow-wow-wow~. :3

DawnHibiki

• Apprentice
  • Dog Lover & Idol
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter
Re: R.I.P. Carrie Fisher (1956 - 2016)
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2016, 10:23:49 PM »
This year has gone really dreadful and cruel.  Just two days after George Michael died in the Christmas Day, Carrie Fisher died today.  She was such an incredible actress, because she rocked as Princess Leia.  The world has also lost David Bowie, Alan Rickman, Ricky Harris, Joe Alaskey, Prince, Gene Wilder, Muhammad Ali, and Garry Shandling.  This year will be over.
"Would that you might see fit to grant the honor of your guidance to one yet so inexperienced as myself. Know that our cooperation is anticipated with pleasure." - Takane Shijou

leafstro

• Apprentice
  • o.o
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2016, 10:40:24 PM »
 R.I.P. Carrie Fisher

yeah this has been pretty crazy... hopefully next year will be better.

DawnHibiki

• Apprentice
  • Dog Lover & Idol
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2016, 12:04:27 PM »
I just recently watched The Force Awakens, and it was awesome.  It's filled with action, and it also featured the classic actors like Mark Hamill, Harrison Ford, and Carrie Fisher.  Star Wars trilogy was my childhood, even though it has been released before I was actually born, and I've watched the trilogy again from time to time until The Force Awakens has been released.  Fisher still rocked as Princess Leia in the movie, or should I now call her General Leia Organa?  I'm happy that she had made Star Wars Episode VIII, and it will be her last movie in her lifetime.  I feel like this could have been an awesome year had all of the celebrities I've mentioned survived.  Hearing them die is what ruined this amazing year for me.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2016, 12:06:52 PM by DawnHibiki »
"Would that you might see fit to grant the honor of your guidance to one yet so inexperienced as myself. Know that our cooperation is anticipated with pleasure." - Takane Shijou

Yui

• Producer
  • Presenting Pisces Yui!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2016, 11:20:39 PM »
Thanatos is going too far... D=

Anyway... RIP...

DeviantProtagonist

• Producer
  • 本当にありがとう, あずみん.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2017, 11:04:44 PM »
A private funeral was held on Thursday -- whilst a public memorial will follow -- and it turns out that her urn is... a giant Prozac pill.

Talk about a great send-off in her humor.
Suddenly, bow-wow-wow~. :3