Username: Password:

Poll

Do you prefer the original iM@S, iM@S CG, or iM@S Million Live?

Original iM@S
23 (65.7%)
iM@S CG
6 (17.1%)
iM@S Million Live
6 (17.1%)

Total Members Voted: 35

Author Topic: [POLL] Do you prefer the original iM@S, iM@S CG, or iM@S Million Live?  (Read 1800 times)

fanghail

• Greenhorn
  • Straybloom
    • View Profile
Re: [POLL] Do you prefer the original iM@S, iM@S CG, or iM@S Million Live?
« Reply #15 on: December 01, 2016, 06:09:55 AM »
Okay, I don't mind the fanservice too much since they are idols and a part of the job is gravure shoots and making yourself alluring to the audience. However, I will admit sometimes it's a bit absurd.

As for the main trio not getting too much attention, I think that actually plays to ML's benefit. A big issue I have with CG sometimes is that for such a big cast, they have a very unnatural bias towards their main trio, which after a while gets sickening. The very first election CD and the One for All DLC are the absolute worst offenders of this. ML's main trio not getting as much attention as others actually helps them not be shilled and overshadow the rest of the cast, so my opinion on them is much higher than New Generations as a group. They feel as more a part of the bigger picture rather than what everyone should only be paying attention to.

I hear ya! Like, I get why it's there, it's just not my thing and can get pretty skeevy due to some of the ages involved. It's not a dealbreaker; I can stomach it especially since a lot of other series do it much, much worse, but I'll never personally enjoy it.

And that's fair, especially since practically half the CG anime's airtime was devoted to them lol. I think a main trio that doesn't stand out too much from the crowd is a fine goal, and you're right that ML's somewhat avoided that, especially with "splitting them up" and giving them more individual relationships instead of overly centering them. I wish they had stood out at least as characters though? I feel like they're the most uninspired main trio so far, and don't feel as unique as CG or DS - despite how played up New Generations is, each member still feels, well, new. I wish I could say the same of Diet Miki. I still like them and they're not totally overdone, there's just a bit too much about them that we've already seen in other characters.
🐰 Twitter 🐰 Tumblr 🐰 MAL 🐰

DeviantProtagonist

• Producer
  • 本当にありがとう, あずみん.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 01, 2016, 03:46:14 PM »
Alright, now to lend my perspective: I'm all for ML, because it gives mainline a sense of continuity.

Time and again you see the same obstacles and resolutions with our initial thirteen, with some twists on occasion. I'm personally none too fond of this as it begs the question if any long-term momentum can be had -- the very design of these girls just works against it so much.

Beyond that, Million Live's idol variety helps sustain interest. Kotoha may as well be my counterpart.

Still, you made a compelling point with idol development, fanghail; too often do I find myself overwhelmed and underwhelmed by the sheer amount of CG idols there is, with the bulk of them really only falling back to their gimmick. The outlier singing talents are still present, though.

In regards to fanservice? Bring it on, I say... I'm a man to like his curves, so guilty as charged. :P
« Last Edit: December 01, 2016, 03:52:29 PM by DeviantProtagonist »
Suddenly, bow-wow-wow~. :3

DawnHibiki

• Apprentice
  • Dog Lover & Idol
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter
« Reply #17 on: December 02, 2016, 04:50:28 AM »
I actually like Million Live! as well, and I first heard them when I watched The iDOLM@STER: Beyond  the Brilliant Future, where the Million Live members were all pretty shy and lacking self-confidence at some of the earlier part of the movie.  They were struggling to do the rehearsal for dancing, but luckily, they managed to practice so hard that they get to become backup dancers to work along with 765 Pro.  The girls were really cute as well, and I especially like Shiho Kitazawa who was very stoic, yet also really emotional at times.  As for a standalone version of The iDOLM@STER: Million Live!, I tried downloading the app of the social media game, but my phone is way too old for that.  It looks so beautiful though.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2016, 04:56:25 AM by DawnHibiki »
"Would that you might see fit to grant the honor of your guidance to one yet so inexperienced as myself. Know that our cooperation is anticipated with pleasure." - Takane Shijou

Nagi

• Apprentice
  • #1 Dearly StarsP!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 13, 2016, 05:00:57 AM »
>No SideM or DS
What