puppies-volcanic
Username: Password:

Poll

Do you prefer the original iM@S, iM@S CG, or iM@S Million Live?

Original iM@S
23 (65.7%)
iM@S CG
6 (17.1%)
iM@S Million Live
6 (17.1%)

Total Members Voted: 35

Author Topic: [POLL] Do you prefer the original iM@S, iM@S CG, or iM@S Million Live?  (Read 1966 times)

hime

• Greenhorn
  • I'm everyone's princess!
    • View Profile
I'm just wondering which you prefer! As I've not gotten all the way through the original iM@S anime yet, I vote CG for now. I find the characters more lovable, though there are some I don't like very much (Miku, Mio, Rika).

Teddie

• Apprentice
  • 僕たちのResistance
    • View Profile
Re: [POLL] Do you prefer the original iM@S, iM@S CG, or iM@S Million Live?
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2016, 04:49:00 PM »
While I do love THE iDOLM@STER franchise, I prefer the original cast. It got me into the franchise and got me into idol anime. I also think that songs are better.

HibikiP | MakotoP | MioP |My Cinderella Producers profile~

Naryoril

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2016, 06:13:37 PM »
While I do love THE iDOLM@STER franchise, I prefer the original cast. It got me into the franchise and got me into idol anime. I also think that songs are better.

I fully agree. Second place is 876pro/Dearly Stars, and CG and ML are far behind.

DawnHibiki

• Apprentice
  • Dog Lover & Idol
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2016, 11:31:18 PM »

I couldn't agree more!  765Pro members made me get into the franchise, and every single one of them has her own great songs.  I haven't listened to Cinderella Girls' songs though.
"Would that you might see fit to grant the honor of your guidance to one yet so inexperienced as myself. Know that our cooperation is anticipated with pleasure." - Takane Shijou

SideM

• Greenhorn
  • We are PSYCHO!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2016, 01:36:44 AM »
SideM

Yeah like others, the original 765 were what got me into iM@S so I like them a little more

Adz0086

• Apprentice
  • Hibiki's English name is Sound
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2016, 04:14:02 AM »
I think it's to be expected that the majority of the people on this forum prefers the OG, including me. Though I must say that in general, there's more CG fans here in America since their games are more accessible being a mobage. I really do like CG and ML, though the only thing that I don't like about CG is that there's too many characters and most of them are still unvoiced. And for the characters, I really don't dislike anybody, but for awhile I was annoyed by how Kirari talked but I've gotten used to it as I kept watching CG.

Nayre

• Haisai!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2016, 08:20:30 AM »
Main 765 pro all the way!  The others are fun to get into once in a while(SideM too!), but I don't think they can ever match my love for the original cast. XD

Kimiko

• Hi there!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2016, 09:34:48 AM »
You should have had SIdeM in the poll even if you don't like it yourself thou.
I voted for CG, but I have to say that I don't particually dislike any other of the imas branches.
If there was side M there, I would have voted for that.

I love the main 765Pro girls, and they got me into im@s, but there are a few charakters of the 13 which just annoy me (mostly because of their voice. Sorry, but I still can't handle yayoi, even after years). We have come a long way with 765Pro, and I would have loved to show my support for them on the 10th live, but sadly I could't go. I like CG more than 765Pro because of the variaty of characters. I don't have a problem with many being unvoiced either. Some of my favourite CG girls are unvoiced, like Tomoe or Mirei and other characters I came to love in the mobage have got voices so far. Like Yui or Arisu. Maybe because I could Play ML, CG and SideM before I got my first original Im@s game (didn't have a ps3 back than. Still happy my friend sent me his spare ps3 with all his imas and project diva games and dlcs) I only had a psp, but I am not counting Shiny festa, since the story is, there is no real story. that is what I feel at least) I have a deeper connection with those 3 branches than the main, but at the end of the day, may favourite Idol of Imas will always be chihaya

I love all of Im@s equally, I really do and I think between CG and main is only a 0.0000000000000000000001 distance and only because as said, I have ben playing CG longer than the main imas series becaues I simply hadn't access to it.

btw there are people who voted for other than main and they don't share why? are you afraid or what? XD
« Last Edit: November 17, 2016, 09:37:20 AM by Kimiko »

MetalPredat0r

• Producer
  • No Copyright Law in the Universe is gonna stop me!
    • View Profile
    • Follow me on Twitter if you want.
« Reply #8 on: November 18, 2016, 07:00:50 PM »
I chose ML cuz ML has my favorite cast in iM@S. CG is too numerous and I'm getting a little bored of 765.
Haikus are easy
But sometimes they don't make sense
Refrigerator

Chihayaa

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 20, 2016, 11:39:53 PM »
I went for Million Live and I would've chosen SideM if it was there.

I love Million Live's songs. There is no vanilla iM@S song sung by Chihaya--not even Yakusoku or Aoi Tori--that will surpass Just be myself!! for me. I think ML's songs are a lot better than vanilla iM@S's songs and ML is willing to try a lot more new things. The entire Theater Activities CD series was amazing and I just really want ML to get an anime and rhythm game after how they were treated in the movie :(

As for SideM, I love SideM's characters. They all feel... different and new. With CG and ML, it kinda feels like different hairstyles, hair colors, and eye colors. I do realize it's hard to be creative and out there with anime but SideM has such a huge variety of character designs. I also think SideM has the best songs out of any male idol franchise but that's a whole new rant for another day.

What makes me favor ML and SM over original iM@S is how accessible it is. These games are open for everyone to play; you don't need to import the game from Japan because it's a few taps away. The gameplay could use some more pizzazz but hopefully rhythm games are coming lol. I honestly feel like Platinum Stars could've been so much more if it was a rhythm game, because from what I've seen of the game, it looks like it would've been perfect as a F2P rhythm game. Starlight Stage has been so successful for this reason, so I really hope Bandai catches on and gives us more card-based rhythm games for all the iM@S series, or at least ML and SM if they don't want to give 765 their own rhythm game.

Yasuo

• Greenhorn
  • Twisted Fate
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 21, 2016, 12:17:12 PM »
I voted for the original im@s. The plot was great after I watched it and the development is something I liked the most.

FloLico

• Greenhorn
  • "Link! With you! For! Ever~!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 25, 2016, 06:27:45 AM »
-i don't see SideM anywhere.... D:
//it's one of my top iMAS games-

but... yeah... voted for CG. Although i didn't hate any of the iMAS games....
it have tons of different idols that i could love. Mainly the Cool attribute ones.... (However, i must admit that i kinda annoyed with several character, mainly the passion category such as Kirari. Or some fanservice-sy characters such as Shizuku.... and i kinda didn't care about unvoiced idol with an exception of Kozue and several other girls that already got their voice recently via election. (like Shin and Miyu)) i also love the songs than the original 765 pro early songs. //sorry.

the main franchise were also good in it's own way. might vote for it if i can vote twice...

didn't know much about ML yet. But i already listened to some of the songs and i love it.

Deviantart; Flodoodling
CGSS ID; TBA
SideM ID; TBA

Clear Blue

• Producer
  • Omigosh!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 30, 2016, 07:18:23 PM »
No SideM? I'm disappoint. :/

I voted the Original 765Pro, because it started with them. Without them, developers of the series wouldn't have make it this far.
SideM wouldn't be a thing without Jupiter, Jupiter wouldn't be there to be rivals and expand the story and the world of iM@S without them.
"My name's Amagase Touma, A-ma-ga-se To-u-ma, got it?" - Amagase Touma

fanghail

• Greenhorn
  • Straybloom
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 30, 2016, 08:22:28 PM »
I'm going to have to go with ML here

While I don't think I'll ever get tired of the original 13, them being able to interact and tell new stories with a bigger cast that I've also grown to love has been a huge breath of fresh air. And while I don't care for the actual ML gameplay, the characters and music is where it sells me.

The (relatively) low number of characters allows each girl to be developed much more than your average member of the Cinderella Hordes, and it pays off. Each character has at least a little more to them than their initial gimmick, which is more than some can say. The unit dynamics are especially amazing imo, and I don't think there's anyone I really dislike - only characters I don't pay that much attention to like Tsubasa, Rio and Tomoka. My only big issues with ML are the often horrible fanservice and that the main trio hardly does anything new compared to... any other main trio in the franchise.

The music itself is also incredible - while there are a lot of songs I'm not a fan of, the ones I do enjoy are some of my favorites ever. There's some real beautiful songs here like Praline, Flooding, Ehon and more, while songs like Emergence Vibe, Up10sion and Super Lover are some of the most outrageously fun songs that the series has produced - and there's such a variety besides that, each compimenting its singer/s really well. I've had a great time delving into the ML cds, and it gains a lot of points for always trying new things in every album - the duets especially. Again, there are some lackluster and outright bad songs in ML, but it's overall consistently great.

CG feels like it's Whole Own Thing and while I like a lot of the characters, I've never been able to really love the branch itself. I wish I was more into SideM, and it's just a matter of time until I am, haha. ML, however, feels more like an addition to the original premise, much in the vein of DS, and idk - it just has that Something in it that I love.
🐰 Twitter 🐰 Tumblr 🐰 MAL 🐰

MetalPredat0r

• Producer
  • No Copyright Law in the Universe is gonna stop me!
    • View Profile
    • Follow me on Twitter if you want.
« Reply #14 on: December 01, 2016, 02:55:58 AM »
My only big issues with ML are the often horrible fanservice and that the main trio hardly does anything new compared to... any other main trio in the franchise.

Okay, I don't mind the fanservice too much since they are idols and a part of the job is gravure shoots and making yourself alluring to the audience. However, I will admit sometimes it's a bit absurd.

As for the main trio not getting too much attention, I think that actually plays to ML's benefit. A big issue I have with CG sometimes is that for such a big cast, they have a very unnatural bias towards their main trio, which after a while gets sickening. The very first election CD and the One for All DLC are the absolute worst offenders of this. ML's main trio not getting as much attention as others actually helps them not be shilled and overshadow the rest of the cast, so my opinion on them is much higher than New Generations as a group. They feel as more a part of the bigger picture rather than what everyone should only be paying attention to.
Haikus are easy
But sometimes they don't make sense
Refrigerator