puppies-volcanic
Username: Password:

Author Topic: The Recent Youtube Purge...  (Read 1752 times)

DeviantProtagonist

• Producer
  • 本当にありがとう, あずみん.
    • View Profile
The Recent Youtube Purge...
« on: October 27, 2016, 02:39:15 AM »
First and foremost, what the actual fuck?

So this debacle cropped up just now -- numerous content creators have had their channels ended with copyright strikes. What precedent kicked this off so globally is beyond me.

What I do know off-hand is the following users struck down are Heat End, Hime Idol, ShirayukiP, TheTanStar, ClimbyP and Virgofall. There's indeed more, from what people tell me.

There are no words as to how hard I'd rip into Namco right now. These people have been creative and dedicated fans, spreading the joy of iM@S to more a widespread audience.

Aaaaaaaaa- I could just plow my fucking head through this monitor right now! This is WRONG.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2016, 02:58:45 AM by DeviantProtagonist »
Suddenly, bow-wow-wow~. :3

TheTanStar

• View Profile
    • Twitch.tv Livestream
Re: The Recent Youtube Purge...
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2016, 03:00:07 AM »
The wierdest thing was that my account was taken down with only two noted strikes. I've appealed the suspension of my account for the time being.

Also, Columbia Japan is to blame for this crusade, not Namco. NBGI didn't strike for audiovisual content, they just IDed them for ad revenue.

DeviantProtagonist

• Producer
  • 本当にありがとう, あずみん.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2016, 03:02:53 AM »
Alright, then that much is clear; fuck Columbia Japan with a steaming iron rod.

I really hope you can appeal the suspension. Nobody needs to deal with this.

Adz0086

• Apprentice
  • Hibiki's English name is Sound
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2016, 03:03:05 AM »
I thought ps4 let's you upload your own gameplay which made me think that namco is going to be more lenient about the im@s video but i guess I was wrong :-\
It's weird because I was just literally watching an im@s video before coming here but it was taken down after I read this post.

There's still some channels that didn't get their videos or their channel taken down like 765pro, weird

TheTanStar

• View Profile
    • Twitch.tv Livestream
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2016, 03:08:46 AM »
I think I'm going to use my Twitch account to store my videos for the time being. Thankfully I stored all of my actual non-request gameplay (ie. LPs and stream footage) off of YouTube.

This is classic Right hand vs Left hand - NBGI doesn't really care about the proliferation of game footage because it's free advertising for their games, but RIAJ/Columbia Japan wants to strike down to increase sales.

Virgofall

• *curtsy*
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2016, 05:04:05 AM »
There's still some channels that didn't get their videos or their channel taken down like 765pro, weird
Probably for exactly what you said, since 765Pro's videos are very clearly marked as being recorded from a PS4 (hello, white rectangle in the corner).

I'll note that I hadn't uploaded any PS footage and the two strikes I earned were for Futari no Kioku and Tonari ni..., fairly old songs. So this makes me wonder.

Yukibro

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2016, 06:21:04 AM »
It's going to be a Columbia thing. Only they have cared enough to put the claims forward like this, and I still haven't been hit since I got a strike from ONLY MY NOTE a year or so ago. And that's since expired.

I don't know if it helps, but I got rid of any videos with songs for the moment. I feel like they could just retroactively screw me over anyway, but they've already blocked the videos before I deleted them anyway. Wasn't getting much use out of them just sitting there.

DeviantProtagonist

• Producer
  • 本当にありがとう, あずみん.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2016, 06:33:39 AM »
I really hope they don't screw over your channel, Yukibro. I like to revisit EX commus every now and then.

But man, It's the fact Columbia don't focus on PS videos is what's bothersome enough. It's unpredictable.

Nayre

• Haisai!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 27, 2016, 08:13:33 AM »
Dammit.

There are no words as to how hard I'd rip into Namco right now. These people have been creative and dedicated fans, spreading the joy of iM@S to more a widespread audience.

Aaaaaaaaa- I could just plow my fucking head through this monitor right now! This is WRONG.

I echo your sentiment.  It pains me to see this sort of this happen, especially to all the fans who invested hours upon hours creating/editing content not only for others' enjoyment but also because it's something they genuinely enjoy doing.   It isn't fair and it's so damn disheartening.  We lost so many users because of it.  I really hope you guys can settle your disputes soon, I don't want another Byuusan incident.  And also, I hope this doesn't discourage anyone from uploading future videos.  Many of us enjoy and are very thankful for what you do.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2016, 08:15:15 AM by Nayre »

Teddie

• Apprentice
  • 僕たちのResistance
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 27, 2016, 11:13:52 AM »
I dislike the fact that they're removing the game version. I can understand to remove the full version, since it is copywritten. Short version can be really different by picking the girls and outfits. That's it.

HibikiP | MakotoP | MioP |My Cinderella Producers profile~

Hime Idol

• Ohimechin is life!
    • View Profile
    • YouTube Channel
« Reply #10 on: October 30, 2016, 03:52:52 PM »
The wierdest thing was that my account was taken down with only two noted strikes. I've appealed the suspension of my account for the time being.

Also, Columbia Japan is to blame for this crusade, not Namco. NBGI didn't strike for audiovisual content, they just IDed them for ad revenue.

Same it was only two strikes that were reported and then the account was terminated and not even suspended without notice. Completely against YouTube's policy. I appealed the termination but I doubt it'll get me anywhere.

And I just don't understand the reason why the takedowns. They gave us the ability to upload from the PS4 to YouTube. It shouldn't matter if you used the PS4 to do it or a game capture device. I do know that 765Pro moved off YouTube and is now using MEGA with very limited YouTube uploads. I think he got a hit as well and is leaving to be safe.

Any word on if livestreams are safe or not? I can still use my main account or make another account to livestream at least.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2016, 03:15:25 AM by Hime Idol »
I'd appreciate any help anyone has to offer. The games and DLCs are very expensive and I'd really appreciate whatever you guys can send. My PayPal.Me link: paypal.me/HimeIdol

Yukibro

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 31, 2016, 02:01:53 AM »
I honestly wouldn't be sure what is safe at this point. As far as YouTube is concerned, I think that's an issue exacerbated by YouTube Red because companies who didn't sign off it would have content removed to begin with. Of course, that's also one part of the issue... content ID and takedowns are less common, but I've seen Columbia do it in the past, and it's clearly an issue even when streaming/recording from the PS4 itself. I've had private YouTube PS streams flagged and blocked as soon as they were done, though I still haven't been hit by strikes since my ONLY MY NOTE video was hit.

It's honestly easier to play it safe, like you mentioned with 765Pro and MEGA. I'm certainly not risking anything in fear of losing my commu videos (which nobody cares about unless it has copyright music in it /shrug), and uploading to a host site is easier to manage. At least, I'm pretty sure they won't retroactively close your account for past uploads. :p

Climby

• Greenhorn
  • IoriP
    • View Profile
    • Twitch Stream Page
« Reply #12 on: October 31, 2016, 10:14:20 PM »

Same it was only two strikes that were reported and then the account was terminated and not even suspended without notice. Completely against YouTube's policy. I appealed the termination but I doubt it'll get me anywhere.

It was exactly the same for my channel as well, two copyright takedown notices on videos "iDOLM@STER 2 PS3 - ALIVE (Ai)" on 10/4 and "iDOLM@STER OFA PS3 - My Best Friend (Haruka)" on 10/5 by 一般社団法人日本レコード協会 (Recording Industry Association of Japan). 

I did not receive any notification that my account had been terminated until attempting to login on YouTube later that week.

suzushinayuriko

• Witness my true power!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 01, 2016, 06:03:37 AM »
Yeah, it was the same for me too! My side account was Shiny Smile, which was taken down by Saihyou and Futari no Kioku. I thought it was extremely weird that I never received a notice for the third strike.

Like what the fuck Namco. Recently this has even happened to channels posting Platinum Stars, you know, the game that gave you the option to post videos directly to Youtube? And it said it was "manually detected" which must mean an actual person from the RIAJ thought copyright striking the shit out of audio which is clearly from the game and not from the CDs was okay??

If anyone has any advice on how to appeal these copyright strikes for a suspended account, I'd really appreciate it. The language Youtube uses for counternotifications is extremely scary so I'm not sure how to go about doing it.

And I just don't understand the reason why the takedowns. They gave us the ability to upload from the PS4 to YouTube. It shouldn't matter if you used the PS4 to do it or a game capture device.

Heat End's entire channel used the ingame video post option and Heat End still got taken down. So apparently not even posting a video with a copyright stamp Namco provided specifically for that purpose will save it.

It was exactly the same for my channel as well, two copyright takedown notices on videos "iDOLM@STER 2 PS3 - ALIVE (Ai)" on 10/4 and "iDOLM@STER OFA PS3 - My Best Friend (Haruka)" on 10/5 by 一般社団法人日本レコード協会 (Recording Industry Association of Japan). 

I did not receive any notification that my account had been terminated until attempting to login on YouTube later that week.

Hey Climby, I haven't seen you in a while. How's everything been? Sorry we had to meet again under these circumstances. Your channel was really great while it lasted.

Also just look at my request playlist here, it's a sea of deleted videos. This doesn't even include the videos from the Byuusama/moniquekat/PunyuruP/vf77tu/MissChizuruu era and the Hime Idol OFA Purge, plus the videos that Youtube itself decided to remove from my playlist. Somehow Seibo's channel is still alive but it's only a matter of time (on a side note, has anyone seen Seibo themselves lately???).
« Last Edit: November 01, 2016, 06:29:00 AM by suzushinayuriko »