puppies-volcanic
Username: Password:

Author Topic: What do you guys think of "Lovelive!" project and their fans?  (Read 1072 times)

Harukakka

• Greenhorn
  • Purodyusaa
    • View Profile
What do you guys think of "Lovelive!" project and their fans?
« on: September 07, 2016, 04:35:51 AM »
You know in China, there are a lot of fans of Lovelive and most of them are totally foolish. It seems that they think that Lovelive is the best idol project of all. One month ago there is a unofficial vote about "do you want µ‘s to attend the 2020 Tokyo Olympic Opening Ceremony?". Then some of the people become insane, as they are thinking that this thing has already been confirmed without doubt. Later some of the Chinese IM@S fan (Producers) told them that the vote won't show anything. And then they become more insane that they even started to attack the Producers with some dirty words. So maybe Lovelive is a good idol project, but their fans really create a bad impression with me.
So what do you think of this project? Compare with the idolm@ster, is there any advantage of Lovelive? Do your country has this kind of Lovelive fans?
By the way, I become a exchange student in Colorado(Yeahhhh~). But unfortunately in Fort Collins, such a small city, it seems that no one knows the IM@S. And what worse, the nearest anime store is 60km away from my home.......

Adz0086

• Apprentice
  • Hibiki's English name is Sound
    • View Profile
Re: What do you guys think of "Lovelive!" project and their fans?
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2016, 06:03:15 AM »
I think Love Live has more fans because it's easier to get into, I feel like it's catered to the casual anime fans and it's more accessible compared to IM@S with all the translated content, they also have that free mobile game which is also TL'd. Most of the people that know about IM@S here in U.S. only knows about it from the anime which I feel was made for the fans of the franchise already, and many people complained that there were too many girls and that it was overwhelming to get into. If you live in the West IM@S is just harder to get into with the games not being localized and the various manga adaptations and that is why the LL fanbase is pretty big here. I have watched LL and currently watching LL sunshine and there is quite a bit of people that tend to hate on im@s especially on sites like 4chan. Generally, the larger fan base tend to have more immature people in it.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2016, 06:10:43 AM by Adz0086 »

Harukakka

• Greenhorn
  • Purodyusaa
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2016, 07:04:10 AM »
and there is quite a bit of people that tend to hate on im@s especially on sites like 4chan. Generally, the larger fan base tend to have more immature people in it.
Oh, I'm just the opposite. I watched LL's anime first, but when I was learning more and more about IM@S, I turned to hate it.
Well, the way I know IM@S for the first time is anime. for me, I don't think remembering names and their appearance is a big problem (maybe it's because I'm a Chinese)
Anyway, your opinions are really nice, thanks for sharing with me.

MetalPredat0r

• Producer
  • No Copyright Law in the Universe is gonna stop me!
    • View Profile
    • Follow me on Twitter if you want.
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2016, 07:44:26 AM »
I've only seen the original Love Live and I personally found it enjoyable. In some ways, I felt it was better than the 2011 iM@S anime. It had a better structure to it and no part of the story, outside the Season 1 finale, felt too idiotic and phoned-in.

However, I am more of an iM@S fan due to preferring the character designs and music of iM@S to LL as well as being exposed to iM@S first.

The issue with the LL community is the same as any other large community. The vocal minority of terrible fans is so loud, it taints the entire reputation of the community as a whole. There are relatively chill LL fans out there, it's just that the idiots and assholes in the community outnumber the legitimately sane people.

Also, I personally feel the iM@S vs LL war is really stupid, anyway. Mostly because at the end of the day, both series are connected to the exact same big company: Bandai Namco. LL's CDs and anime are published and created under subsidiaries of BNEI, so really there's no point in starting fan wars if the exact same company wins at the end of the day. Unless it's that iM@S vs LL fighting game. I'd be all over that shit.
Haikus are easy
But sometimes they don't make sense
Refrigerator

Kimiko

• Hi there!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2016, 11:56:43 AM »
As someone who loves both Im@s and Love Live, I can't understand teh problems of all the hates. I mean, both Series have their charming points. I was into love live from the first song on, I learned about Im@s much later. but I still love both series. You have to differ between them, yeah they are both Idol Centert, but so are many other games in these days, like Ensemble Stars, Idol Connect, 8Bit Story, Tokyo 7th Sisters and more. The Problem is that people tend to love one idol or one series more than the others and start hating on them. I don't understand why, I personally play many Idol Games, watch many Idol Anime and still don't hate on any of these, even if Im@s is my my favourit (well the main universe has a bit cooled down for me. still love the 765pro girls, but after platinum stars... I don't know. I know the Idols didn't do anything, it was scamco but still. ) But their are also these quarrels between people in the same community, like many µ's fans hate on aquors fans and vice versa. Or there are still people of the im@s fanbase who hate on side M just because there are only male idols in it (which I love to play. still waiting for that rhythm game scamco!)

At the end of the day every person is free to think what they want, but the hate is soooo stupid. I love all Idols!

Yui

• Producer
  • Presenting Pisces Yui!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2016, 06:12:00 PM »
Well... Love Live is pretty popular in my nation. I think I could say is even more than Vocaloid. Wherever I go, there's figures of them, poster, and stuffs (of course, in obvious places). OK, I don't deny the cancer in fanbases, but anyway. I cannot say about advantages, since both are about idols and people have personal "bonds" with them. If my country have that sort of fans? Weeeeell... I think that problem goes for many stuffs that are popular. Dragon Ball, Saint Seiya, Naruto...

In the end, that idol's war in fanbase is sort of... stupid. After all, there's an option to like/love many idols stuffs (I into Aikatsu right now).
« Last Edit: September 07, 2016, 06:17:27 PM by Yui »

Teddie

• Apprentice
  • 僕たちのResistance
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2016, 01:26:26 PM »
I really love LoveLive!, but I like iM@S more than LoveLive!, mainly because of the story, characters, design and most improtantly music. Doesn't mean it's bad, tho.

I discovered iM@S first, then LoveLive! in the same year, 2014, but didn't became a fan of LoveLive! until September 2015.

Their fans can be really sane or just rabid. Every fanbase has that. Trust me I met alot of people on the Otonokizaka Forums and they are really nice.

I saw couple images on the Internet people worshiping the girls like Goddesess. I think this is more of the insane side of the fandom. I think no sane person would do that. It is just damaging an image of LoveLive! fandom a bit.

As for idol wars, that's really stupid. Everyone has their opinions.

HibikiP | MakotoP | MioP |My Cinderella Producers profile~

Ivan The Mouse

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2016, 03:37:26 AM »
As for idol wars, that's really stupid. Everyone has their opinions.

Yeah, this whole "idol wars" thing is a waste of time, more so that the idols are 2D and are different somehow, seeing that Im@s idols are paid idols and LL! girls are hobbyist idols.

I mean, really. 2D idols are cute, can come from different franchises and the only thing that can ruin them is the attitude of the fans.

hime

• Greenhorn
  • Tang Min is my goddess!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2016, 07:27:27 PM »
I, myself, am more of a LoveLive! fan than an iM@S fan, and I actually hated iM@S for a while. For me, the LL! characters are more lovable and memorable, meanwhile I actually do dislike some of the iM@S characters (Miku, Rika, Mio, Ami, Mami, Azusa, Sachiko, Sarina, Arisa).

Also, LL! markets to a wider demographic. While it contains some sexual content, such as Nozomi's "washi washi" (actually, that may be the only thing that's sexual at all!), iM@S contains lots of cards and art with more sexual appeal to an older demographic. Take Oikawa Shizuku for example. There is not. one. single. card. that. doesn't. focus. on. her. boobs.

So, LL! can appeal to all demographics. Even my mom watched it and liked it. Upon seeing me play Deresute, however, she told me to uninstall it, and therefore I did.
I'm your princess!

MetalPredat0r

• Producer
  • No Copyright Law in the Universe is gonna stop me!
    • View Profile
    • Follow me on Twitter if you want.
« Reply #9 on: November 16, 2016, 07:45:29 AM »
Wait, why would your mother have an issue with Deresute?
Haikus are easy
But sometimes they don't make sense
Refrigerator

DawnHibiki

• Apprentice
  • Dog Lover & Idol
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter
« Reply #10 on: November 16, 2016, 07:51:59 AM »
I've became a huge fan of Love Live! since last year, and I love it just as much as The iDOLM@STER.  I first started learning about Love Live! when I went to the idol event in Anime Jungle at Los Angeles, mainly for The iDOLM@STER, and I get to cheer the singing cosplayer of my waifu, Hibiki!  When I met one of my cosplaying friends over there, she cosplayed as Nozomi, and she typed "Nozomi" on my phone, which was the first thing that I learned the girls' names.  When I went to the Anime Expo, there were some Love Live! products over there, and I got my picture taken with Honoka cardboard standing right next to me.  I even have tried playing Love Live! School Idol Festival for my phone, but my phone is too slow to download more content in that game.  I wish that I would get a better phone to play rhythm games like Love Live! School Idol Festival and The iDOLM@STER: Starlight Stage.

Finally, when I started watching the anime, Love Live! School Idol Project, I've been loving it so much, and like I said, I love it as much as The iDOLM@STER.  Love Live! followed a much simpler story than The iDOLM@STER, because Love Live! mainly just focused on 9 high school idols getting to save their school from closing, whereas The iDOLM@STER mainly focused the idols to become really popular and universal, and there were a fair amount of drama involved.  Love Live!, on the other hand, is much more straightforward by having Honoka trying to attract new students by gaining popularity through the formation of a school idol group in Otonokizaka High.  Nozomi called the school idol group "Muse", and she was the Student Counsel Vice-President, along with Eli, who was the Student Counsel President, and both of them were the last recruited for Muse, so they get to have 9 members.

My favorite idol of the anime is Kotori Minami, because I got to say that she's easily one of the nicest person I've seen in the anime history.  I love the way she treated her friends generously, and she doesn't get that annoyed by Honoka whenever she does something silly, although Kotori was also upset a few times during the anime.  I also love her voice in both English and Japanese, because I love Cristina Vee and Aya Uchida, who are both amazing voice actresses and singers.  I even listened Spicaterrible, which is such a breathtaking song by Aya, and I never got tired of listening to it.  I also love Kotori's cute ash-colored, straight hair.  Everything about Kotori is so adorable, and that's why she's my favorite idol.

All in all, I love both The iDOLM@STER and Love Live!, and I'm really glad that I get to be part of those fanbases.  Both this and Otonokizaka are filled with nice people, and I'm really happy that I get to be part of them as well.  After all, both of The iDOLM@STER and Love Live! are filled with lovable characters, and they get to make lots of awesome, upbeat songs.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2016, 08:13:30 AM by DawnHibiki »
"Would that you might see fit to grant the honor of your guidance to one yet so inexperienced as myself. Know that our cooperation is anticipated with pleasure." - Takane Shijou

leafstro

• Apprentice
  • o.o
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 17, 2016, 02:34:49 AM »
I like both, but I like IDOLM@STER a bit more, not only because I watched it first, but also because it just feels more unique to me.

I must say though some love live fans are kinda crazy, but of a majority of them are pretty chill/sane.

DawnHibiki

• Apprentice
  • Dog Lover & Idol
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter
« Reply #12 on: November 20, 2016, 10:33:57 PM »
As for the fanbase of Love Live!, it's not that much different than other popular anime titles like the Jojo series, Fate/Zero, One Piece, etc., and Western cartoons like My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic, Steven Universe, Adventure Time, etc.  There are a fair amount crazy Love Live! fans out there, and some of them even hate other idol shows, but I've seen lots of fans of different series that are just as bad as them, maybe even worse.  One of the Legend of Galactic Heroes' fans attacked me for liking both iM@S and Love Live, because he/she thought that both of them were "trash".  I asked "Why should I care if you think I should like what you like and dislike what you dislike?" Not everyone likes the same type of anime.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2016, 10:38:56 PM by DawnHibiki »
"Would that you might see fit to grant the honor of your guidance to one yet so inexperienced as myself. Know that our cooperation is anticipated with pleasure." - Takane Shijou