puppies-volcanic
Username: Password:

Author Topic: Million Live's Risa Taneda to go on hiatus  (Read 1522 times)

Maka

• Producer
    • View Profile
Million Live's Risa Taneda to go on hiatus
« on: September 02, 2016, 06:42:17 PM »
Apparently Risa Taneda, the voice actress of Kotoha Tanaka, has announced that she will be going on hiatus because of illness. She had been dealing with the illness for a while but upon no sign of recovery she has decided to take a break until at least January 2017. No return date is scheduled yet.

Million Live will be affected; Kotoha's role as the main girl in LIVE THEATER ACTIVITIES 03 will be replaced with Kana, and Taneda will not be making an appearance at the 4th ML live.

In addition, her role in Working! has been recast already.

Thoughts? I'm very worried; if it's serious enough she has to take a break from all her roles, it can't be just a minor illness. Wishing her the best :(

Adz0086

• Apprentice
  • Hibiki's English name is Sound
    • View Profile
Re: Million Live's Risa Taneda to go on hiatus
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2016, 07:27:11 PM »
Apparently Risa Taneda, the voice actress of Kotoha Tanaka, has announced that she will be going on hiatus because of illness. She had been dealing with the illness for a while but upon no sign of recovery she has decided to take a break until at least January 2017. No return date is scheduled yet.

Million Live will be affected; Kotoha's role as the main girl in LIVE THEATER ACTIVITIES 03 will be replaced with Kana, and Taneda will not be making an appearance at the 4th ML live.

Thoughts? I'm very worried; if it's serious enough she has to take a break from all her roles, it can't be just a minor illness. Wishing her the best :(
I heard about this, she was supposed to voice one of the characters from the upcoming anime WWW.Working!! (Spin-off of the anime Working!!) Hopefully she recovers quickly :-\

Teddie

• Apprentice
  • 僕たちのResistance
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2016, 10:13:10 PM »
Well that sucks... Hope she gets better!

HibikiP | MakotoP | MioP |My Cinderella Producers profile~

DeviantProtagonist

• Producer
  • 本当にありがとう, あずみん.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2016, 07:11:08 AM »
As someone who invested emotionally beyond 765 due to Kotoha, you'd better damn well know I'm concerned.

It kills me how they've withheld the illness spurring here, especially with her being 28. So many bad possibilities.

I've been a long-term fan since this seiyuu's debut in Shin Sekai Yori, so my prayers for Tane-chan are ten-fold.
Suddenly, bow-wow-wow~. :3

Maka

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2016, 04:31:33 PM »
As someone who invested emotionally beyond 765 due to Kotoha, you'd better damn well know I'm concerned.

It kills me how they've withheld the illness spurring here, especially with her being 28. So many bad possibilities.

I've been a long-term fan since this seiyuu's debut in Shin Sekai Yori, so my prayers for Tane-chan are ten-fold.
Kotoha isn't my favorite girl, but I love her voice. :/ She's really talented.

And I agree. After what happened to Miyu Matsuki I'm really nervous any time a seiyuu announces ill health...

DeviantProtagonist

• Producer
  • 本当にありがとう, あずみん.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2016, 09:56:26 PM »
Straight up. Hisui just doesn't feel the same anymore, given her being my first exposure to Miyu some 10 years ago.

It's surreal for all the wrong, terrible reasons. I wouldn't know what to do should my idols come under that affliction.

DeviantProtagonist

• Producer
  • 本当にありがとう, あずみん.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2016, 01:32:30 AM »
An important update -- the illness is not life-threatening, so she'll return upon fully healing:

笑顔あふれる素敵な大人の女性になるための成長物語を、見守ってください…!

Needless to say, my mood is placated beyond belief.... Get well soon, Tane-chan! \(⌒▽⌒)/
« Last Edit: September 15, 2016, 01:39:28 AM by DeviantProtagonist »

Nayre

• Haisai!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2016, 03:34:33 AM »
An important update -- the illness is not life-threatening, so she'll return upon fully healing:

Needless to say, my mood is placated beyond belief.... Get well soon, Tane-chan! \(⌒▽⌒)/

Yay! That's nice to hear. XD

I think I can enjoy the upcoming Working!! with a peace of mind now.

Nana Mizuki? HECK YEA!!  So excite.

hime

• Greenhorn
  • I'm everyone's princess!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2016, 11:33:05 PM »
Wow, this doesn't just suck, it super-sucks! Taneda is one of my favorite seiyuu.

DeviantProtagonist

• Producer
  • 本当にありがとう, あずみん.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2017, 03:13:36 PM »
Well, this turned out to be an eye-opener -- that's one PV of a new mobile game, set to release in the near future.

What's big? The casting is undoubtedly Tane-chan. At long last upon four months, we finally see light in this tunnel.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2017, 03:22:31 PM by DeviantProtagonist »

DeviantProtagonist

• Producer
  • 本当にありがとう, あずみん.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 02, 2017, 01:56:25 AM »
And then we're graced by the light. She's back at it, again. :D

There's a Jōhōshori-bu reunion this month with Rumi Ōkubo's Yuzuko Nonohara, Minami Tsuda's Yui Ichii and Risa Taneda's Yukari Hinata reprising their roles from 2013's adaptation of Komata Mikami's comedy four-panel manga Yuyushiki. An episode 13 OVA is due on DVD/Blu-ray February 22, covering Data Processing Club's time from the end of summer into fall. Leading into this, the second week of Feb will feature a single release of the special's themes and a Valentine's promotion.

-Insert loads of Yuyushiki merch-

Now... if you'll excuse me, I'm going to let out my gushiness.

Chihayaa

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 06, 2017, 08:07:16 AM »
I'm so glad she's finally healing up! :)

This also explains why there are 13 girls on the cover of LIVE THE@TER FORWARD 3 but only 12 credited seiyuu. I was wondering why this was the case until I remembered that Taneda was ill today, and lo and behold she's finally getting better.