Username: Password:

Author Topic: DL Lives  (Read 9669 times)

Roswell

• View Profile
Re: DL Lives
« Reply #15 on: August 16, 2016, 07:44:43 PM »
So should P drops be saved for DL lives only? I didn't really plan on purchasing any and I'm guessing the DL lives are why they gave us free ones to begin with.

Setsuna

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 16, 2016, 11:16:25 PM »
Most likely - if you're curious, it is entirely possible to use a lot of p-drops and not even get a gold present at all.

From tests I've run, (Yes, the only upside of work is pay) we found out that we can use 30 pdrops and NOT get a single gold present.

At 50 pdrops, you should always net a single gold (or at least enjoy reasonable odds). You won't get more than one though.

I haven't been game enough to try 200 (the max at producer rank 20) to see what exactly happens, but if the game won't drop more than 1 gold at a time, going past about 50 per live run would probably be wasteful.
Games are streamed at www.hitbox.tv/Aliciana/
No focus, any platform, suggestions welcome

Currently accepting Platinum Stars requests: http://forum.project-imas.com/index.php?topic=2575.0

http://forum.project-imas.com/index.php?topic=2415 - My technical notes on good quality recording.

mallory627

• Desu~
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 17, 2016, 01:42:40 AM »
So how many presents can we get exactly if we did P drops at about 10? Is there only a limit of amount of presents, like if you used 20 P drops you get 20 presents?
I'd have to say that I'm a new Fangirl for Hokuto Ijuiin and I'm proud of it!!!

Setsuna

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 17, 2016, 06:35:12 AM »
Each p-drop you use will add +1 present to the live rewards. 

Each p-drop used will also increase the likelihood that a gold present will drop.

Ex. Using 1 p-drop will add an additional present and slightly increase the odds you receive a gold present from any drops.

Using 30 will add 30 presents to the live reward and add significant chances a gold present will be in those presents.

Using 60 will add 60 presents and will nearly guarantee one gold present in that pile.

Currently accepting Platinum Stars requests: http://forum.project-imas.com/index.php?topic=2575.0

http://forum.project-imas.com/index.php?topic=2415 - My technical notes on good quality recording.

TheBluePhone

• Woo.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 18, 2016, 12:45:02 AM »
So, just wanted to get some clarification on something. When the DL lives initially showed up (before the one with the red dress appeared last night.), there was two. One that was a B rank live, and then the one that progressively gets harder. I cleared the B rank one, and didn't get anything and it disappeared. My friend was saying that that's how you're supposed to get the outfit to do the progressing live. Am I screwed out of an outfit now?

Naryoril

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 18, 2016, 01:32:50 AM »
No worries

Both DL lives have a set of progressing events, starting with D rank. if you ex clear one, it disappears and a new one of a higher rank appears. Ex clearing the C and B rank gives you a 2 copies of costume that matches the image and type of the DL live. Ex clearing the A rank will give you a matching S rank costume. The A rank stays after ex clearing it.

In addition, both DL lives also came with a B rank event which is accessible right off the bat and has nothing to do with the costume. Once you clear them (no ex clear needed) they vanish. They don't give you items as rewards, but the one from the first DL live gives you 50k money, and the one from the second DL live gives you 300k fans, and not, that's not a typo. Using a costume with +30% fans plus the glasses with +10% fans i ended up with a total fan count for that live somewhere between 800k and 900k, which is double of what i get out of an S rank all star live/medley. Personally i used that live to get a lot of fans on idols i don't want to use much, so i will have to use them less to get them to S (well, actually even A) rank.

My guess is that the accompanying B rank live for the 3rd DL live will give a lot of fans, and hopefully the one after that a lot of heart filling.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2016, 01:34:52 AM by Naryoril »

Setsuna

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 20, 2016, 03:13:15 AM »
I'll also note that there's an error (at least with my DL live set) which you sort of want to be aware of, as well as ANOTHER not so well known bug (Mostly cause to test it, you'd need to be willing to spend enough p-drops in one shot)

1. Although P-drops WILL boost the likelyhood a gold present will show up, it's not in fact 100%

At max producer rank (rank 20) you're allowed to use 200 p-drops at once.

Yes, I know someone who dropped enough money (About 17k worth) onto the single event. It refused to drop any gold presents. Needless to say, he quit, flat out.

2. The DL lives themselves do NOT use the normal 'present drop system'

I can confirm that I received a DL live present on a SILVER present drop, and further to the point, I also did the 2nd DL live, got a gold present and got an E costume out of it. Both I might add should be impossible according to what the game tells you.

Call it bad luck or whatever, but do that to enough people (namely lie to them, even if it could be a bug) and you'll lose the goodwill of a LOT of people, even if happens at a rate of 1 in 1000 or so.

TheBluePhone

• Woo.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 22, 2016, 05:32:13 AM »

Next DL live! This one is really cute...

Appears to start on Thursday.

Hime Idol

• Ohimechin is life!
    • View Profile
    • YouTube Channel
« Reply #23 on: August 22, 2016, 06:59:34 AM »
The next DL already? The 2nd only been out for barely a week so far.  :o

Also I've heard conflicting things on this. Do DL Live accessories drop outside of playing the actual DL Live? Or does playing the DL Live just increase the chance slightly of the DL accessory being in a potential drop?
I'd appreciate any help anyone has to offer. The games and DLCs are very expensive and I'd really appreciate whatever you guys can send. My PayPal.Me link: paypal.me/HimeIdol

DeviantProtagonist

• Producer
  • 本当にありがとう, あずみん.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 22, 2016, 08:11:20 AM »
Nice recolor. ::)
Suddenly, bow-wow-wow~. :3

TechiP

• Greenhorn
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 22, 2016, 09:26:13 AM »
Wow recolor again... Even the the accesory is not interesting just like DL LIVE 2...

Nakiame

• Hibike, Hibiki!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 22, 2016, 10:06:27 AM »
Wow recolor again... Even the the accesory is not interesting just like DL LIVE 2...

Yeah, who would want to buy thousands of pdrops for this shit?

Reikuo

• Apprentice
  • Forum member
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 22, 2016, 10:32:21 AM »
Whats funny is there is no reason to buy the unique DLC outfits unless you sit around and watch S4U which just burns you out on the songs imo because the game forces you what to wear. A rank and S rank lives dont even cover half the costume types its ridiculous on that front. They need a transforming live that changes its type randomly after every clear and it cycles through all costume types, along with random stages for ranks F-S with the best fan rewards for each.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2016, 10:35:11 AM by Reikuo »
PSN Reikuo

Naryoril

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 22, 2016, 10:47:29 AM »

i prefer the looks of the DL 2 and 3 accessories over the one from DL 1.

Yeah, who would want to buy thousands of pdrops for this shit?

Sorry, but anyone who buys thousands (or even hundres, or even dozens) of pdrops for anything doesn't deserve better.

And are you guys seriously complaining about new free of charge costumes which come out on a weekly or biweekly basis? Who cares if they are recolors, nobody would complain at all if they wouldn't make any DL lives.

Setsuna

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 22, 2016, 11:44:45 AM »
Well, for those who don't know (or realise yet) this is how PS is designed for long play - the DL lives are content that was made earlier to encourage a more drip feed level of play - you'll need to spend actual months to get all the content, even if you go at a breakneck pace.

In theory, each DL live has its own drop list.

There are known bugs (see my posts) with the drop system though.

The big concern is that it's not known if you can get all the regular content without resorting to some degree of luck. At the moment, I can confirm that all the S accessories can be acquired by force if you don't have them by the time you reach S rank. (Each of the S rank lives will drop you one copy if you EX them).

Each idol also has a unique costume after you reach S rank which cannot be acquired (They're A ranked)

No sign if you can get any S rank costumes via a forced drop though.

I'd like to think so, because after over 1000 lives and 14 gold presents total, I'd like something that literally doesn't require two hours (I average 1 gold present per 73 lives, assuming 2 minutes of playtime, you can do the math) you're looking at sub 0.1% (and this is BEFORE you consider doubles) at a gold present.

The raw math says that unless I'm a literal NINE deviations away from the norm (Namely, the true percentage is 1%) which means I'm literally the bottom 0.0000002% of all player experiences, which would in turn suggest I'm the most unlucky Platinum Stars player on the PLANET, there's probably a good case to be made that their model made... a few undue assumptions.