Username: Password:

Author Topic: DL Lives  (Read 11060 times)

DawnHibiki

• Apprentice
  • Dog Lover & Idol
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter
Re: DL Lives
« Reply #105 on: November 15, 2016, 07:04:47 AM »
Here's a new DL LIVE!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Boraa_SIboU (DL LIVE is at 0:55)

I love the LOBM bikinis in Platinum Stars.  They all look so cute!  Too bad that the DLC is too expensive for me to purchase.
"Would that you might see fit to grant the honor of your guidance to one yet so inexperienced as myself. Know that our cooperation is anticipated with pleasure." - Takane Shijou

Taylor_Omnom115

• Apprentice
  • hi
    • View Profile
    • IDOLM@STER CHANNEL
« Reply #106 on: December 02, 2016, 05:05:20 AM »
https://youtu.be/8Csvy6zDBWo

0:56 DL LIVE looks pretty neat. I'm kinda dissapointed that the outfit isnt 765 colored...
« Last Edit: December 02, 2016, 05:07:02 AM by Taylor_Omnom115 »
My IM@S channel (Taking Requests for Platinum Stars)
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAadVImldINLKw37zb1b-2A

TheBluePhone

• Woo.
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: December 08, 2016, 04:26:17 AM »
So I just cleared one of the DL lives, the one for the vampire outfit (Miki is the cover girl), and....didn't get the outfit. Please tell me this is the only one that doesn't give the outfit as a confirmed reward . - .

mariokirby

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: December 08, 2016, 05:04:07 AM »
Unfortunately, no.  From DL Live 7 and onward, you get the accessories as rewards, but the outfits are gold drops instead.  And, even if you manage a gold present, it's about 1/5 chance of getting the outfit from the gold present since the accessories are included into the mix as well.  For me, there's a whole bunch of DL live outfits I'm unable to get because of this.

You could try botting if you really want all the outfits/accessories from DL live.  That's explained in the other topic.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2016, 05:12:21 AM by mariokirby »

Treemotan

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: December 08, 2016, 06:16:13 AM »
Honestly, I'm about to give up and just use a bot. I can't seem to get any DL outfits or accessories. I'm gonna be singing Kiramekirari in my sleep with how many times I've had to clear that song.

Weirdly enough though, I HAVE gotten certain DL recolors (at least that's what I"m assuming based on the little shopping cart icon) from regular ranked Live drops. Which makes no sense to me, but whatever. I'll take it. I'm assuming it's because they're lower than S-rank or something.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2016, 06:23:34 AM by Treemotan »

Nakiame

• Hibike, Hibiki!
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: December 08, 2016, 09:43:38 AM »
Weirdly enough though, I HAVE gotten certain DL recolors (at least that's what I"m assuming based on the little shopping cart icon) from regular ranked Live drops. Which makes no sense to me, but whatever. I'll take it. I'm assuming it's because they're lower than S-rank or something.

Some DLC reward you with a guaranteed crappy low-rank recolored outfit in addition to the main dish. Maybe you are refering to them.

Taylor_Omnom115

• Apprentice
  • hi
    • View Profile
    • IDOLM@STER CHANNEL
« Reply #111 on: January 17, 2017, 03:46:40 AM »
NEW DL LIVE JUST RELEASED A FEW MINUTES AGO!

(click the picture to see a larger version of it)
I feel like this costume would go perfectly with nanairo button. maybe a nanairo button remake?? ;D
« Last Edit: January 17, 2017, 03:50:06 AM by Taylor_Omnom115 »
My IM@S channel (Taking Requests for Platinum Stars)
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAadVImldINLKw37zb1b-2A

Okayu

• E4-G4-D3-B3
  • Global Moderator
  • Producer
  • 千早の可愛いさは正義!
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: February 11, 2017, 02:46:43 PM »
Since it wasn't posted yet here's the latest DL Live with color coded earrings that are awesome.

Anyways I had an issue regarding DL Lives. I've tried following scoring guides already, but I'm having issues where I can't pass due to lacking specific costumes. For example I only have 1 Charming Girl costume (the red white and blue cool one) yet 3 lives require that type I can't pass even with that costume on. There's also some cool kira kira girl lives I can't do since most of mine are cute kira kira girl. Am I going to have to grind and pray a costume drops or what?

mariokirby

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: February 11, 2017, 05:02:34 PM »
Unfortunately, some of the DL live rounds require a costume that you don’t have both category and type.   It’s doable in rounds 1-3, but the 4th round can be pretty difficult without a good set up.  Some people may have a different strategy, but this worked out for me.

My general approach in completing those kinds of DL live rounds is to wear a S-rank costume that satisfies category but not type.  That way I have increase number of memories which will help tremendously especially with the triple bonus you get from memory appeals for satisfying category.  Plus, having perfect combo bonus from the S-rank costume helps.

Also, having a good set up with accessories helps a lot too. 

I would recommend obtaining the S-rank costumes from DL lives 1-6 since those are guarantee.  Then, having 1 S-rank costume from main game plus having some luck from DL lives should get you a set of s-rank costumes you’ll need.

Surprisingly, I was able to Ex all DL lives at this point.  I hope this helps.

If you’re still having difficulties, then we may need to dig deeper.  Like, are you optimizing your accessories set up?  Or, are you optimizing scoring strategies, etc.

Okayu

• E4-G4-D3-B3
  • Global Moderator
  • Producer
  • 千早の可愛いさは正義!
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: February 11, 2017, 06:05:30 PM »
My general approach in completing those kinds of DL live rounds is to wear a S-rank costume that satisfies category but not type.  That way I have increase number of memories which will help tremendously especially with the triple bonus you get from memory appeals for satisfying category.  Plus, having perfect combo bonus from the S-rank costume helps.

Also, having a good set up with accessories helps a lot too. 

I would recommend obtaining the S-rank costumes from DL lives 1-6 since those are guarantee.  Then, having 1 S-rank costume from main game plus having some luck from DL lives should get you a set of s-rank costumes you’ll need.

Surprisingly, I was able to Ex all DL lives at this point.  I hope this helps.

If you’re still having difficulties, then we may need to dig deeper.  Like, are you optimizing your accessories set up?  Or, are you optimizing scoring strategies, etc.

Ah my bad I forgot to mention I already have the costumes from the ones they gave away during the first few DL Lives. I tried using just category but those also got nowhere close to EX clearing them. I've tried using the mixed strategy using duo and trio memories, arm slot combo bonus DL Live item, and the tiara with all 3 charges.

mariokirby

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: February 12, 2017, 05:12:16 AM »
Which DL live are you currently trying to EX?  It seems like you got a good setup.  Not sure why you’re not scoring high enough.  Make sure you didn’t accidentally equip duo memory appeals twice (I made that mistake once.  Meant to equip triple memory appeal.)

Is your leader at S-rank?

I’m assuming you maxed lvl burst and memory for your unit and having 5 memory appeals for your leader.  And, that you have a lvl 10 fast bpm song.  Preferably using master difficulty.  And, that you perfect combo it to get the perfect combo bonus.  Also, using target support Z helps, so that you get more perfect notes.

Depending on the DL live, my set up differs.  Sometimes, I just keep experimenting until I get a higher score.

This sounds like a dumb idea but sometimes it worked for me.  Some DL lives I use S-rank tiara instead of the F-rank one.  Of course, then I have to use another accessory to get a lvl 2 charge so that I can use triple burst.  Meaning I lose the combo bonus accessory.  I don’t think it was the best strategy but somehow it worked for me at least for now.

Let me know if you're still having trouble.  I may have to play the DL live you're having trouble with to see what I did specifically to Ex it.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2017, 05:19:11 AM by mariokirby »

Okayu

• E4-G4-D3-B3
  • Global Moderator
  • Producer
  • 千早の可愛いさは正義!
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: February 12, 2017, 02:27:24 PM »
Is your leader at S-rank?

I’m assuming you maxed lvl burst and memory for your unit and having 5 memory appeals for your leader.  And, that you have a lvl 10 fast bpm song.  Preferably using master difficulty.  And, that you perfect combo it to get the perfect combo bonus.  Also, using target support Z helps, so that you get more perfect notes.

Yeah I've been using all of those things but I still can't beat the later DL Lives.

mariokirby

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: February 13, 2017, 03:55:23 AM »
@Okayu

Some DL lives, I use the C-rank outfit which matches both type and category.  Other DL lives, I use the S-rank outfit that matches category.  (In some cases, I get lucky and the S-rank outfit satisfies both requirements).

Are you making sure the S-rank outfit you're wearing doesn't have a frown face in its type?  Some outfits may match category, but you'll get a frown face on type which you should avoid. (I remember one DL live where I used a few items to boost appeal in one of my accessory)

If you're still having trouble, but still want to EX the DL lives, then let me know anytime and I can try to beat it and see which set up I used.