puppies-volcanic
Username: Password:

Author Topic: DL Lives  (Read 9031 times)

Naryoril

• Producer
    • View Profile
DL Lives
« on: August 10, 2016, 12:47:30 PM »
The next DL live has been announced:

http://idolmaster.jp/blog/?p=22191

And this line from the blog
配信期間は2016年8月17日(水)~2016年8月30日(火)となりますので、お忘れなくゲットしてくださいね♪
might mean that the DL lives are only time limited to download, but once you got them you can play them as long as you want.

Edit: The more i look at it the more i think that there is no time limit whatsoever to the DL lives, even for the download. Well, apart from when they start. The 2 week time limit is just for the P drops.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2016, 01:24:08 PM by Naryoril »

HolyAarom

• Greenhorn
  • Forum member
    • View Profile
Re: DL Lives
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2016, 01:33:23 PM »
If it's true that the DL Lives don't have a time limit, then would that mean that those late to the party still have a chance of getting the outfits at least? Those are the ones that are rewarded from the EX Clear, but accessories might be missed forever if they're pulled from the drop pool.

We'll see in a week I guess.

Naryoril

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2016, 01:38:18 PM »
If it's true that the DL Lives don't have a time limit, then would that mean that those late to the party still have a chance of getting the outfits at least? Those are the ones that are rewarded from the EX Clear, but accessories might be missed forever if they're pulled from the drop pool.

We'll see in a week I guess.

If they don't have a time limit that would mean that people late to the party would still be able to get everything.

But yeah, we will see in a week. I'll definitely try to get the costume by then. I don't care much about the accessories.

darkthunder

• Apprentice
  • Forum member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2016, 02:51:30 PM »
Wondering how bamco will torture us this time and hooray for more free pdrop

Hime Idol

• Ohimechin is life!
    • View Profile
    • YouTube Channel
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2016, 12:30:58 AM »
That means if there is no time limit I bought over $150 in p-drops for nothing because I was worried I wouldn't be able to get the DL accessories in time.  :-[ So far I've only gotten the ring and garter by dropping over 50 p-drops each time. Haven't drop anything 'naturally' yet.

I did find it weird they gave just a limited time to unlock the outfit and accessories. Would make more sense if it were just the download time and free p-drop availability that was limited.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2016, 01:53:30 AM by Hime Idol »
I'd appreciate any help anyone has to offer. The games and DLCs are very expensive and I'd really appreciate whatever you guys can send. My PayPal.Me link: paypal.me/HimeIdol

Roswell

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2016, 02:27:03 AM »
The line directly underneath Iori's picture states that the DL live is NOT limited time. However the 11 free P drops are limited and you can only claim them from the 17th through the 30th.

I thought it was weird that nothing in game said anything about a deadline so I'm glad there's some clarification now.

Nakiame

• Hibike, Hibiki!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2016, 07:59:56 AM »
Now that I look closely to both DL lives articles (current and the next one), it is clearly stated they are not time-limited. So you'll be able to download it next month or whenever you want.
The only time-limited offer is p-drops.

So there were no need to rush...

Roswell

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2016, 08:11:05 AM »
Now that I look closely to both DL lives articles (current and the next one), it is clearly stated they are not time-limited. So you'll be able to download it next month or whenever you want.
The only time-limited offer is p-drops.

So there were no need to rush...

From what I can read, the blog post for the 1st DL Live didn't mention anything about limited time or not limited time at all. It does state that the P drops are limited in the first post too so I think that's where the confusion came from.

Naryoril

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2016, 08:44:49 AM »
and that confusion is probably why they stated it explicitly this time around

iTiffany21

• Greenhorn
    • View Profile
    • My DeviantArt Page
« Reply #9 on: August 11, 2016, 02:16:40 PM »
Is there a certain level requirement you need to be at to complete these lives?

Naryoril

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 11, 2016, 03:22:12 PM »
Is there a certain level requirement you need to be at to complete these lives?

Not to participate them afaik, but to be able to actually beat (as in, ex clear) them, yes there is some implicit level requirement since you need to reach a high enough score.

meichan111

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 13, 2016, 01:50:14 PM »
Thank god they aren't limited came a little late for the party so don't have high lvl idols yet so are happy to know

Setsuna

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 16, 2016, 01:34:56 PM »
There are time related drop issues which actually arise if (and we need to wait for the confirmation) the DL lives are not time limited though.

There's some math involved, but I promise, it's simple.

At the moment (DL live 1) there's currently 10 items in residence in the gold presents (If you're wondering it's the 4 accessories)

Now for catalog 1, you have a 1/10 chance of getting a specific item.

Still with me?

DL live 2 will add in 4 more accessories to the Gold drop list.

So the odds of getting as single item are now 1/14.

Okay, you ask, but wouldn't this mean that I have more chances of getting A DL live item?

Yes, until you remember one thing - You can get DOUBLES, and can do so forever. Capped an item to level 10? You'll STILL get doubles.

In short, constantly adding to the gold drop list actually makes it significantly HARDER to complete the costume collection, not easier, and this problem only compounds, increasing the difficulty by 50% each DL live.

So given how often Gold presents drop (Namely, for me, without pdrop interference I see one every 300 lives or 35 HOURS) you could be there... oh, from now to sometime before the heat death of the universe, because the odds go extensively long.
Games are streamed at www.hitbox.tv/Aliciana/
No focus, any platform, suggestions welcome

Currently accepting Platinum Stars requests: http://forum.project-imas.com/index.php?topic=2575.0

http://forum.project-imas.com/index.php?topic=2415 - My technical notes on good quality recording.

Naryoril

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 16, 2016, 01:42:18 PM »
afaik the special DL live items from gold presents only drop in the corresponding DL live, and the DL live only drops these items in gold presents.

So the DL lives should't influence the collection completion for the trophy at all. In fact, if you are going for the trophy, you should avoid playing the DL live more than necessary and spend your time on other events.

That said: my guess is that turning in gold cards is the same as opening a gold present. And at least with silver cards you can close and restart the game if you don't like what you got (e.g. the xp drink für 10k xp) and try again. So i assume this works with gold cards as well. So it's probably best to keep your gold cards until you only need as many s rank costumes as you can turn in with gold cards. Using reloading you can make sure you get the costume you are missing, and while this probably will take some time, it's certainly faster than hoping for the correct drop from a gold present.

Setsuna

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 16, 2016, 01:47:10 PM »
afaik the special DL live items from gold presents only drop in the corresponding DL live, and the DL live only drops these items in gold presents.

So the DL lives should't influence the collection completion for the trophy at all. In fact, if you are going for the trophy, you should avoid playing the DL live more than necessary and spend your time on other events.

That said: my guess is that turning in gold cards is the same as opening a gold present. And at least with silver cards you can close and restart the game if you don't like what you got (e.g. the xp drink für 10k xp) and try again. So i assume this works with gold cards as well. So it's probably best to keep your gold cards until you only need as many s rank costumes as you can turn in with gold cards. Using reloading you can make sure you get the costume you are missing, and while this probably will take some time, it's certainly faster than hoping for the correct drop from a gold present.

The fun part? That's incorrect - I forced the DL live 1 ring to drop from the S ranked All star. Yep. it's just 'very unlikely', but nowhere close to impossible.

The gold cards have a restricting mechanic which I've extensively tested - The gold cards encompass all A and B rank items as well, and as far as I can tell (After a LOT of resets) cannot generate an item you don't actually have.

The most fun part?

I've not been able to make the gold cards generate an S rank item, after 100 attempts. (As the only costumes I'm missing that are in the general pool are (as you can guess) the S rank costumes, 100 attempts should have revealed at least ONE S rank costume, even if it's a double.)

I'm either incredibly unlucky (And computers don't work the way they should) or there's a lot of assumptions in place. If you can catch me online we can work together on this part, as I have setups ready to go to test, if you can find me out of work hours.
Games are streamed at www.hitbox.tv/Aliciana/
No focus, any platform, suggestions welcome

Currently accepting Platinum Stars requests: http://forum.project-imas.com/index.php?topic=2575.0

http://forum.project-imas.com/index.php?topic=2415 - My technical notes on good quality recording.