puppies-volcanic
Username: Password:

Author Topic: List some things you've noticed in Platinum Stars that people may have missed.  (Read 4037 times)

Naryoril

• Producer
    • View Profile
A question. Is there a way to remove or disable those DL intros?  I don't like it how it replaces those morning scenes and the only way to see it is to go through all of the DL intros as I explained before.

The scenes don't seem to appear anymore after you ex cleared the A rank DL live.

@Topic: The trickster type costumes from the first DL live can be used for shiny star type events. You see the smile in the costume selection, but after going back to the overview the smile isn't there, and when starting the live, you get a prompt warning you about the wrong type, nevertheless, you get points as if it were a shiny star costume.

Maka

• Producer
    • View Profile
Idk if this counts, but there's a glitch in Honey Heartbeat where the audio messes up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QSoABUzHGfg
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V1exfMuVhx8
On the first syllable of Shanketsu at around :35 or so, the audio glitches so it sounds like multiple girls are singing when it's a solo line. It's not a glitch in idolmaster 2 as far as I can tell.

Naryoril

• Producer
    • View Profile
The trickster type costume of the first DL live gives full points for lives which ask for shiny star type. When selecting the costume, you see a smile, but in the overview screen there is no smile. You also get a prompt where you need to confirm whether you want to really start the live with the wrong costume type. Nevertheless, you get the same amount of points as if you were using a shiny star costume.

mariokirby

• Producer
    • View Profile
The music that plays when you're picking a new idol is the same one that plays during Idolm@ster 2 selection screen.  It was pretty nostalgic.

mariokirby

• Producer
    • View Profile
It appears if you press the wrong face button during a combo (but pressed at the right time) the game gives you less points for that note but keeps your combo chain.  I know I pressed the wrong button on some notes but my chain kept going.

If you Ex clear a live, your idols will do other things like bowing to the audience at the end.

Naryoril

• Producer
    • View Profile
It appears if you press the wrong face button during a combo (but pressed at the right time) the game gives you less points for that note but keeps your combo chain.  I know I pressed the wrong button on some notes but my chain kept going.

To be precise: it counts as "normal", so you only get half the points and the chain keeps going, but the burst bonus will be broken.

Miki Fan

• Greenhorn
  • Forum member
    • View Profile
-During the make-up lessons where you have to match the icons on the screen.  You can press the home button to pause the game so you can quickly write down the icons before they flip over.

--You can use outfits that give more hearts or memory appeals to give you an extra die in those dice minigames . This can still work even if the leader isn't the correct rank for that outfit.
Where

mariokirby

• Producer
    • View Profile
-During the make-up lessons where you have to match the icons on the screen.  You can press the home button to pause the game so you can quickly write down the icons before they flip over.

Writing it down may work for level one lesson.  But, once you get to level 3 lesson the only way is to take a picture on your phone since they are way too many tiles to write down. And, of course using the home button to buy you some time as you trying to see what color they want from your tiles.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2016, 10:42:20 AM by mariokirby »

HolyAarom

• Greenhorn
  • Forum member
    • View Profile
The way I do it is I memorize the ones that have less on the screen, since they usually ask for the ones that don't have a lot.

If they do ask for the one with a lot, just pick the ones you didn't memorize.

mariokirby

• Producer
    • View Profile
For each type of burst (like idol specific burst, Solo Burst 3, Duo Burst 1, Duo Burst 2, Triple Burst 1, Triple Burst 2, etc, etc.) there's a different burst sequence.  So, there's a lot of burst sequences you can view in this game.

You can also view them in the Stage 4 you by equipping the corresponding outfit and bursting on stage (unfortunately you can't wear whatever you want if you want to see a specific burst with a different outfit).  Another problem is that you need to equip an accessory or something to give you the necessary charge level.  So, for example, even though it's just Stage for You I need to equip something like the tiara if I want to view a duo burst or triple burst.  Otherwise, it will just go to the default idol specific burst if you just wear the outfit and have no equipment for charge level.  So, I can't wear just the outfit only if I want to see a different burst sequence unless I equip an accessory for charge level.

Keep in mind that you don't have to build charge level (using memories) in Stage for you to see things like Duo or triple Burst.  You can just burst right away and see it.

I hope I said everything correctly.

mariokirby

• Producer
    • View Profile
When doing that sliding motion on the touch pad for a certain note.  You can start swiping your fingers on the touch pad well before the note hits the target and it will still count as a perfect.

Nakiame

• Hibike, Hibiki!
    • View Profile
When doing that sliding motion on the touch pad for a certain note.  You can start swiping your fingers on the touch pad well before the note hits the target and it will still count as a perfect.

Btw it won't break a combo even if you don't swipe the touchpad at all.

mariokirby

• Producer
    • View Profile
I know this is really obvious but when your idols come back from a live, if it's still daylight then you get a random scene with them in their camp outfit.  Like welcoming you (only for idols you didn't use) or them doing something with each other.  But, if they come back during the night, then you'll get a random scene with them in their pajamas.

Whether your idols come back during the day or evening seems random, nonetheless.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2016, 01:06:52 AM by mariokirby »

mariokirby

• Producer
    • View Profile
In the arena stages, the dynamic camera sometimes zooms out to where you see the audiences waving their light sticks, but the idols themselves appear small.

So, if you prefer concert lives where the dynamic camera just focuses on the idols, then you'll have to do the non-arena stages.

Miki Fan

• Greenhorn
  • Forum member
    • View Profile
In the arena stages, the dynamic camera sometimes zooms out to where you see the audiences waving their light sticks, but the idols themselves appear small.

So, if you prefer concert lives where the dynamic camera just focuses on the idols, then you'll have to do the non-arena stages.

I think you can just manipulate the camera by using the zoom-out or zoom-in(pressing down or up) whenever the auto camera zooms out to the audience.
Where