Username: Password:

Author Topic: List some things you've noticed in Platinum Stars that people may have missed.  (Read 4295 times)

Miki Fan

• Greenhorn
  • Forum member
    • View Profile
List some things you've noticed in Platinum Stars that people may have missed.

- If you don't press anything at the title screen, it will take you to a concert where it introduces the idols as they are performing.

-The Timing Adjustment in this game is called "Rehearsal" and it will additionally show the idol doing some dance as you are pressing circle.

-You can actually pause in the middle of a concert and can choose to restart if you messed up.  You don't have to wait until the song is finished or have to go to the PS4 menu.

-The lip-syncing during the songs has improved more when compared to other idolmaster games.

« Last Edit: August 07, 2016, 01:55:45 AM by Miki Fan »
Where

Naryoril

• Producer
    • View Profile
-Idols' breasts actually bounces during the concerts.

This was already in OfA, take a look at M@sterpiece...

Anyway, this is something i didn't notice myself, but someone brought to my attention and i think it's a really neat detail:

The light of the PS4 controller changes color according to who is your leader, but only on stage.

Okayu

• E4-G4-D3-B3
  • Global Moderator
  • Producer
  • 千早の可愛いさは正義!
    • View Profile
The ranking system from OFA was slightly expanded upon and moved to part of the in game menu instead of the main menu. You can now view top PVs by leader idol fan count. Although note if it's a DLC song you don't own it won't show the full video.

Miki Fan

• Greenhorn
  • Forum member
    • View Profile

Oh, You're right. I have a bad memory.  I will correct my post.
Where

iTiffany21

• Greenhorn
    • View Profile
    • My DeviantArt Page

Anyway, this is something i didn't notice myself, but someone brought to my attention and i think it's a really neat detail:

The light of the PS4 controller changes color according to who is your leader, but only on stage.

You can change it during lives and S4Us by pressing the R2 and L2 buttons. The colors cycle through depending on who's currently on stage.

Rin

• Apprentice
  • 初めて会った日、覚えてますか?
    • View Profile
I've figured how to revert back to the standard appeal noise, if anyone really doesn't want to use one of the character sounds for whatever reason. It hasn't been mentioned, so I figured I would.

Go to your 765 Pad, then to the options menu and go down the one that has アピール in it(the 6th one down).
Then cycle through how ever many you have until you see デフォルト. That sets it back to the default aka no special appeal noise.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2016, 08:47:08 PM by Rin »
What will I paint on the pure-white tomorrow that spreads to its limit?
What will I paint on the tomorrow dyed pitch-black by reality?
Through struggle, we shine.

Naryoril

• Producer
    • View Profile
I've figured how to turn off the appeal noises, if anyone really doesn't want to use them for whatever reason. It hasn't been mentioned, so I figured I would.

Go to your 765 Pad, then to the options menu and go down the one that has アピール in it(the 6th one down).
Then cycle through how ever many you have until you see デフォルト. That sets it back to the default aka no appeal noise.

That's still an appeal noise, it's just the default one, i don't want any sound effect at all when pressing one of these buttons. The only way to do that i have found so far is to lower the sound effect volume to 0. Although i set it to 10, since it affects all sound effects in the menu. With 10 they can still be heard, but usually not on stage since the music is too loud there.

Okayu

• E4-G4-D3-B3
  • Global Moderator
  • Producer
  • 千早の可愛いさは正義!
    • View Profile
That's still an appeal noise, it's just the default one, i don't want any sound effect at all when pressing one of these buttons. The only way to do that i have found so far is to lower the sound effect volume to 0. Although i set it to 10, since it affects all sound effects in the menu. With 10 they can still be heard, but usually not on stage since the music is too loud there.

Is it possible to set the audio options to 0? I thought it stopped at 1.

Rin

• Apprentice
  • 初めて会った日、覚えてますか?
    • View Profile

I wasn't specific enough, sorry. Edited the post.

Miki Fan

• Greenhorn
  • Forum member
    • View Profile
Okay I've noticed two more things.

1) In the morning scene, before you go to the office menu screen(where you choose to do lessons and lives and other tasks), you know how sometimes you see a DL live intro scene instead of a normal morning scene?  Well keep on exiting to the title screen from the office menu screen, not by pressing the home button, and keep reloading your file until you finish cycling through all the DL live intros (there should only be 2 right now).  Afterwards, then just reload the game again and then you will get your normal morning scene with the idol.

2) In the office menu screen (where you choose to do lessons and lives and other tasks), if you press R3, it will clear out the menu so you can see clearly what the idols are doing on the screen.  When you're done watching, just simply press R3 again to bring back the menu.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2016, 12:35:41 AM by Miki Fan »
Where

Teddie

• Apprentice
  • 僕たちのResistance
    • View Profile
Some songs were missed...

1. Here We Go!! - This song hasn't been since THE iDOLM@STER 2! It is in my opinion one of the best arcade songs. It's really cute!
2. Aoi Tori - It has been in Shiny TV. I love this song.
3. Taiyou no Jealousy - Same as Aoi Tori
4. Ohayou!! Asagohan - One of the best Yayoi songs!
5. First Stage

HibikiP | MakotoP | MioP |My Cinderella Producers profile~

Rin

• Apprentice
  • 初めて会った日、覚えてますか?
    • View Profile
Okay, I just happened to press the right button on the directional pad when the note I should have had to press was O, and it still gave me a perfect for it. I then tried continuing to do this for more notes and it works fine. You don't need to press any of the face buttons when they appear. Down on the directional pad still triggers appeals, too. The only time you have to press the face buttons is for the double notes.
Apparently this is a rhythm game thing. Very well then.

Tested it out, it does make songs with rapidly alternating notes like Jibun Restart on Master much easier. You don't have to stress your thumb or turn your controller. So that helps.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2016, 04:44:53 AM by Rin »

Miki Fan

• Greenhorn
  • Forum member
    • View Profile
Some songs were missed...

1. Here We Go!! - This song hasn't been since THE iDOLM@STER 2! It is in my opinion one of the best arcade songs. It's really cute!
2. Aoi Tori - It has been in Shiny TV. I love this song.
3. Taiyou no Jealousy - Same as Aoi Tori
4. Ohayou!! Asagohan - One of the best Yayoi songs!
5. First Stage

Actually, all of those songs were neither in Idolmaster 2 nor in OFA.
Where

Teddie

• Apprentice
  • 僕たちのResistance
    • View Profile
Actually, all of those songs were neither in Idolmaster 2 nor in OFA.

All songs, exept Here we go!! came back only on Shiny TV. Ohayou!! Asagohan came back both in Shiny Festa and Shiny TV. It still sucks they didn't make a come back on Platinum Stars.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2016, 11:34:56 AM by Teddie »

HibikiP | MakotoP | MioP |My Cinderella Producers profile~

Miki Fan

• Greenhorn
  • Forum member
    • View Profile
1) You know how those DL intros replaces those morning scenes and you to go through all of them so you can see the morning scene?  Well to make it go faster, you can press the option button to skip the DL intros and dialogue, and then repeat until you get the normal morning scene.

2) If you press R3 in S4U and in the activity menu where you can change outfits and songs, it will remove the menu so you can see the background clearly.  As I said before, this also works in the normal office menu.

3) If you go to the S4U from the normal office menu, not from the title screen, and then exit it will auto save.  So be careful in case you didn't want to save the game.

4) When you pick a new song you never used before and when use it in a concert, your leader will say something before singing.  However, afterwards if you use that same song your leader will say nothing and will immediately sing the song.  So your leader will only say something for a song never used before.

5) For the Medley concerts, you leader will say one of the two different lines before singing.  I think which of the two lines they say is random, but correct me if I'm wrong.

6) By pressing the left bottom corner on the touch pad during S4U or encores, you will have more options for the camera during concerts.

A question. Is there a way to remove or disable those DL intros?  I don't like it how it replaces those morning scenes and the only way to see it is to go through all of the DL intros as I explained before.
Where