Username: Password:

Author Topic: Scoring mechanics and strategies  (Read 3643 times)

Naryoril

• Producer
    • View Profile
Re: Scoring mechanics and strategies
« Reply #15 on: August 14, 2016, 01:43:42 PM »
Added a table to compare duo and trio drive (and no skill)

The problem here is that the trio drive skill is on the leg slot, as is the combo bonus 100, at least i haven't seen either on a different slot. So you have to choose between combo bonus and trio omoide appeals.
Assuming a song with 300 notes, you get 3000 points out of the chain bonus 100 skill. To get the same amount of points you need an omoide score of 3000 / 1.5 = 2000 if you have 5 omoide appeals at your disposal, and even more for less than 5 omoide appeals. The drive trio gets more interesting on an event with a given image type, since the omoide score is tripled. So to beat the chain bonus 100 on a 300 notes song you need 3000 / (1.5 * 3) = 666.66, which is still quite a tall order for trio lives, but it probably will be beaten by the end.

If you are really going for a high score in a trio live, which means using kiramekirari you need 2334 omoide in a normal case, and 778 with an image type.

Depending on how more than 5 omoide appeals are handled, getting more than 5 appeals could have a huge impact on this comparison though.

Reikuo

• Apprentice
  • Forum member
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 14, 2016, 07:19:09 PM »
If you are really going for a high score in a trio live, which means using kiramekirari you need 2334 omoide in a normal case, and 778 with an image type.

Depending on how more than 5 omoide appeals are handled, getting more than 5 appeals could have a huge impact on this comparison though.
Its nice to have the 100 points per 10 notes if your idols have no training, are low levels, and your outfits and accessories suck. Late game I think the appeals are better, they have been each time I tested it but thats also not using kiramekirari. Unless your going for high score for fun I dont see the point in tunneling into this song. I have everyone A rank with all jobs complete and I have only ever used pro with the songs I felt like hearing at the time. My only rank 10 is Happy.
PSN Reikuo

Naryoril

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 14, 2016, 07:36:04 PM »
well, it lets you complete/challenge events at a lower level. If you have everyone at A rank, then you have already spent a lot of time with the game and have the corresponding levels and equipment. I only have 3 idols on A rank and on lvl 50 to 55 so far. If i want to beat the DL live for example, i'll have to use everything at my disposal. Of course, i can also grind several hours to compensate for that, and i probably will in the end anyway since i'd like to get the platinum trophy.  I just mentioned kiramekirari because it's the song with the highest note count, and it's scoring potential due to combos is 1100 points higher than any other non DLC song, 1500 with chain bonus 100. To compensate for that you need 71 more omoide for example (in a song with an image type, 5 memories and duo omoide appeal), or 230 burst (assuming you use a costume with trio burst 3, more otherwise).

If your grinded enough to beat everything anyway, of course there is no point in trying to get the best out of your idols.

Reikuo

• Apprentice
  • Forum member
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 14, 2016, 08:15:50 PM »
If your grinded enough to beat everything anyway, of course there is no point in trying to get the best out of your idols.
If your struggling to beat the DL live at those levels something is off. Especially if you have 5 hearts.
PSN Reikuo

Naryoril

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 14, 2016, 08:31:30 PM »
I don't have 5 hearts. And i haven't invested in lessons yet and haven't used burst cookies and omoide candles, which means i only have burst and omoide on lvl 15, and that not even on all 3 idols.

Rin

• Apprentice
  • 初めて会った日、覚えてますか?
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 14, 2016, 11:04:25 PM »
The problem here is that the trio drive skill is on the leg slot, as is the combo bonus 100, at least i haven't seen either on a different slot. So you have to choose between combo bonus and trio omoide appeals.
They are DLC, but the head accessory Stardrop Earrings have Drive Trio. They are also only C rank with just 18 Appeal but it could still be worth it, if you've purchased them.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2016, 11:07:12 PM by Rin »
What will I paint on the pure-white tomorrow that spreads to its limit?
What will I paint on the tomorrow dyed pitch-black by reality?
Through struggle, we shine.

Naryoril

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 15, 2016, 12:04:36 AM »
They are DLC, but the head accessory Stardrop Earrings have Drive Trio. They are also only C rank with just 18 Appeal but it could still be worth it, if you've purchased them.

Yeah i saw them. But i haven't seen charge level 1 on anything but the head piece. maybe there is an item i don't have yet, but so far using that item for the drive trio would lock me out of using anything but solo bursts. I haven't crunched the numbers, but my guess is you will need even more omoide to make that worth it than for replacing the combo bonus item. It's a different story if you can get charge level 1 on an arm piece though (i have only seen drive duo on body pieces, so that slot is also locked).

HolyAarom

• Greenhorn
  • Forum member
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 15, 2016, 11:02:01 AM »
Gonna be a long while until I get "My Song" and "Kimi Channel." I don't have the DLC, so it's not in here.

https://imgur.com/a/dEHlw

SongDebut    Regular   Pro      Master
Happy!113149221260
The live kakumei de show!129168249300
Ready!!82139207297
Change!!!!121145211266
Jibun Rest@rt121157246301
99 nights82125209267
The Idolm@ster130157253317
my song??159270
Go my way!94135217277
Kimi channel??217251
Visionary125165254308
edeN116148202226
Vault that Borderline!99144200249
Nanioro Button90111150211
Kiramekirari109162218358
Ippai ippai105140205256
Honey heartbeat99130157259
Watashi wa Idol114155249264
Kirakira ippai way medley138182256372
The Happy Live medley159207285358

To perform trio omoide appeals you need an accessory with the drive trio skill (usually legs). I'm not sure if you ALSO need drive duo, but i'd assume so.

Can confirm that you need duo to get trio to work. I tried a live without duo and I just kept getting solo appeals over and over.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2016, 11:17:10 AM by HolyAarom »

Naryoril

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 15, 2016, 11:43:06 AM »
cool, thx for the help Aarom. I have My Song and Kimi Channel, so i can fill these out. I don't have Honey Heartbeat and Watashi wa idol, and yeah, it's gonna be a while until i get them... So i really needed the help there.

And tbh i wasn't motivated to do all the songs on debut and regular, but since only two songs are missing to completion of the non DLC songs, i'm going to fill them out.

Naryoril

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 15, 2016, 10:42:13 PM »
i finally got Yukiho to 5 hearts, and due to that the S rank costume from the DL event with +3 omoide appeals. With this i could test out what happens with 6 to 8 memory appeals. Between 5 and 7 the last one is in the burst section, with 8 the last 2 are in the burst section. Interestingly enough this doesn't change much in the drive duo vs drive trio comparison. The gap between them is the same for 5, 7 and 8 hearts (1.5 times the omoide score), and a bit better with 6 omoide appeals (2 times the omoide score). Now if there was a way to get 9 omoide appeals, and assuming it's still the last 2 in the burst section, the gap would widen to 13.5 vs 17, so 3.5 times the omoide score.

On the other hand, with more than 5 omoide appeals the gap between the number of idols appealing gets larger, so it's better for omoide rank farming if you don't need all the score you can get.

Reikuo

• Apprentice
  • Forum member
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 28, 2016, 12:49:04 AM »
Does anyone have any tips for utilizing the track suit? (+50% fans)
PSN Reikuo

Hime Idol

• Ohimechin is life!
    • View Profile
    • YouTube Channel
« Reply #26 on: August 28, 2016, 04:22:49 AM »
Does anyone have any tips for utilizing the track suit? (+50% fans)

Use it for the All Star lives that you can easily clear as you'll take a huge appeal cut in using the track suit and you will only be able to do a solo burst with it. Also use the glowing glasses accessory (it's either +10% or +15% fans).

I currently use the track suit and the glowing glasses accessory for the S-Ranked All Star lives to get about 69,000 fans per idol in one shot.
I'd appreciate any help anyone has to offer. The games and DLCs are very expensive and I'd really appreciate whatever you guys can send. My PayPal.Me link: paypal.me/HimeIdol

Rin

• Apprentice
  • 初めて会った日、覚えてますか?
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 28, 2016, 05:41:35 AM »
Use it for the All Star lives that you can easily clear as you'll take a huge appeal cut in using the track suit and you will only be able to do a solo burst with it. Also use the glowing glasses accessory (it's either +10% or +15% fans).

I currently use the track suit and the glowing glasses accessory for the S-Ranked All Star lives to get about 69,000 fans per idol in one shot.

Boosts to fans, money, and experience from outfits/accessories don't stack. If you have the Camp Wear outfit, definitely use it, but don't use the glasses if you have another accessory that would work better overall.
What will I paint on the pure-white tomorrow that spreads to its limit?
What will I paint on the tomorrow dyed pitch-black by reality?
Through struggle, we shine.

Naryoril

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 12, 2016, 12:25:27 PM »
I got a costume with solo burst 2, so i added it. It gives you the same amount of points as trio burst 1, but requires charge lvl 3 and only gives 1 idol a burst use towards burst rank ups.

Naryoril

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 15, 2016, 08:44:43 PM »
After getting Mami to S rank i got my hands on a costume with the drive quintet skills and the resulting score is quite crazy. A quintet omoide appeal gives 3 times the omoide value in points. Since a quintet is every 4th appeal, having 8 omoide appeals means you'll have the score of a trio and a quintet omoide appeal doubled in the burst section (appeals number 7 and 8). Couple that with an event with a costume image and the score of your final omoide appeal is the omoide value multiplied by 18, in my case 22'770 points, preceded by an appeal of 15'180 points....