Username: Password:

Author Topic: My one reservation with Platinum Stars?  (Read 3023 times)

Naryoril

• Producer
    • View Profile
Re: My one reservation with Platinum Stars?
« Reply #30 on: August 10, 2016, 08:35:38 AM »
It is basically an alternate dimension, there is no point in saying "why doesn't Ritsuko want to be a producer anymore" or "why is there Nanairo button", it is simply a different world with not connection whatsoever to the other games, so why should Ritsuko want to be a producer, or why shouldn't there be Nanairo Buttonon?

And OfA didn't really have more story either, it had more communications, yes, but they were not story relevant.

Reikuo

• Apprentice
  • Forum member
    • View Profile
Re: My one reservation with Platinum Stars?
« Reply #31 on: August 21, 2016, 06:37:31 AM »
Hype has died down, and beyond the fact people are upset about the static rhythm game that it is, here are actual problems with the game as a standalone installment.

Lack of costumes and stages make things go stale quite quick. On top of that you cant even wear what costume you want. I found the costume typing works very well up until you hit A rank, I was changing out costumes all the time before then and it was kinda nice. However at late/end game you will find yourself totally unable to progress in a reasonable time frame unless you force yourself to farm the the best 2-3 lives over and over using the same costume and seeing the same stage, and that is if you even consider farming the most efficient live at all reasonable.

DL lives suffer a similar problem stated above, want a new accessory considering there are virtually none in the base game and they are very lackluster at that? Not only are the drop rates beyond atrocious but you again will be using the same outfit to even be able to complete the live over and over endlessly, on the same stage endlessly. Choose not to farm it? Never see the accessory's.

This brings about even another problem, there is no point to even buy the DLC outfits as unless your choosing to be VERY ineffective or really enjoy S4U, there are no lives worth repeating beyond a select few and odds are the outfit you want to use will not be the type you need.

The second problem with DL lives is perhaps not technically a problem, but is quite annoying for the people it effects. The DL lives do not have the gold box drops from the base game meaning that if your farming the DL live you have 0 chance of obtaining any of the S rank outfits from the base game, especially annoying if your hoping to get the trophies for the game.

Honestly it seems the only upgrade from OFA in terms of customization and job farming is being able to change the song at the live start screen. I just hit the 100 hour mark, and I enjoy the game but I am also a person who enjoys grindy games. Its quite a polished game, but it definitely feels like a hyper polished foundation they plan to build a empire of DLC on. Most people who read this will already have the game, and anyone whos interested enough who does not have it to visit this forum would probably like it. Its just your millage will vary and customization is horrid. The only reason I would recommend this over OFA is because the PS3 is just not near as smooth as the PS4 in addition OFA had much more annoying transition/loading screens.
PSN Reikuo