puppies-volcanic
Username: Password:

Author Topic: THE iDOLM@STER Platinum Stars Gameplay Thread  (Read 29463 times)

Reikuo1

Re: THE iDOLM@STER Platinum Stars Gameplay Thread
« Reply #30 on: July 31, 2016, 04:07:10 AM »
What do you mean? Which stats do people prefer, or...?

I'm fairly certain you can get at least some EX Clear rewards as random drops. The EX Clear rewards just guarantee getting a certain one.
Im not sure how much appeal to give up for burst and omoide, if any. Say for example you lose 5 appeal and gain 10 of the other, or a 5/5 split, which is better? Probably marginal either way I assume.  Also what does "appeal down" mean on a item when it shows your appeal stat going up?

Also do the festival/big stage event require some rare costume type? I have been unable to match the type for those concerts that everyone participates in.

Nakiame

• Hibike, Hibiki!
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 31, 2016, 04:22:39 AM »
Im not sure how much appeal to give up for burst and omoide, if any. Say for example you lose 5 appeal and gain 10 of the other, or a 5/5 split, which is better? Probably marginal either way I assume.  Also what does "appeal down" mean on a item when it shows your appeal stat going up?

Also do the festival/big stage event require some rare costume type? I have been unable to match the type for those concerts that everyone participates in.
Dunno about stat weight, but "appeal down" means your idol's rank is lower than the item's, so it's stats are reduced. If item's rank is "B" you have to set an idol with at least "B" rank as a leader to use it's full potential.

Some events are "standart" type (those season lives for example). There are no costumes with this type present in the game, so i think it is supposed to mean "use anything you want, you won't get any bonus anyway".

zeda12123

• Dan!
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 31, 2016, 07:43:29 AM »
General question about the game: How's the difficulty level for those of you who can't read Japanese? I know it plays more like OFA (which was SUPER easy) but reading all this stuff about P-drops and seeing the trophy completion rate is making me nervous.

I'm kind of regretting my decision to try and go into it more blind haha

Monroviez

« Reply #33 on: July 31, 2016, 08:32:52 AM »
Apart from Happy! and The Live Kakumei de SHOW!, are there any other songs in the game where all 13 idols perform simultaneously?

Nakiame

• Hibike, Hibiki!
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 31, 2016, 12:03:02 PM »
General question about the game: How's the difficulty level for those of you who can't read Japanese? I know it plays more like OFA (which was SUPER easy) but reading all this stuff about P-drops and seeing the trophy completion rate is making me nervous.

The only "hard" thing in this game is to look for smiley icon when choosing costume for an event...

Apart from Happy! and The Live Kakumei de SHOW!, are there any other songs in the game where all 13 idols perform simultaneously?
No. At least not yet. They are prerendered and they weren't many in OFA too. Surely will come more with dlc.

Naryoril

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 31, 2016, 04:04:42 PM »

The trophy completion ration doesn't mean much 3 days after the game's release...

Maka

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 31, 2016, 05:39:49 PM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ODvJX2DJilU
People have already glitched out s4u lol

Adz0086

• Apprentice
  • Hibiki's English name is Sound
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 31, 2016, 06:08:06 PM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ODvJX2DJilU
People have already glitched out s4u lol
I posted some pics in the Hibiki thread but I guess no one saw it XD

Next Life in Platinum Stars confirmed XD
« Last Edit: July 31, 2016, 06:10:00 PM by Adz0086 »

zeda12123

• Dan!
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 31, 2016, 07:53:37 PM »
The trophy completion ration doesn't mean much 3 days after the game's release...
Oh, yeah. I know it hasnt been that long but Im@s 2's fastest completions are like just over a day and OFA's is just over 2 days so seeing all the 0%'s on bronze trophies had me going like "what???? no way"

Reikuo

• Apprentice
  • Forum member
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 31, 2016, 09:08:33 PM »
Oh, yeah. I know it hasnt been that long but Im@s 2's fastest completions are like just over a day and OFA's is just over 2 days so seeing all the 0%'s on bronze trophies had me going like "what???? no way"
Actually im kind of excited about this. I assume that obtaining all the gear is the main reason why nobody has a platinum yet. They probably wanted to give people plenty of reasons to buy pdrops and plenty of them. Considering only JP accounts can do this it means this could become one of the longest/rarest games to have a Platinum for on a Western account. Cause odds are atleast somewhere somebody has been playing 18 hours a day with pdrops on the entire time and nobody has any of the complete all outfit set trophies.
PSN Reikuo

Nagi

• Apprentice
  • #1 Dearly StarsP!
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 01, 2016, 05:21:09 AM »
Is there a guide (or will someone make one) for DL Lives? I mean, I understand that you get drops after beating the songs, but can you get those drops for free or do you need to buy the Pdrops DLC in order to get costumes and accesories drop after clearing the song?

iTiffany21

• Greenhorn
    • View Profile
    • My DeviantArt Page
« Reply #41 on: August 01, 2016, 05:48:42 AM »
Something I'm not too sure of, what are the shops used for in this game? In OFA and imas 2, you would visit them and buy outfits and accessories but it seems like in this game you get them in present drops instead. Or can you still buy outfits from the shop? I'm just sort of confused since I go to choose it and three different icons show up in a new screen and I have no idea what I'm supposed to do.

Reikuo

• Apprentice
  • Forum member
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 01, 2016, 06:26:19 AM »
Something I'm not too sure of, what are the shops used for in this game? In OFA and imas 2, you would visit them and buy outfits and accessories but it seems like in this game you get them in present drops instead. Or can you still buy outfits from the shop? I'm just sort of confused since I go to choose it and three different icons show up in a new screen and I have no idea what I'm supposed to do.
As far as I know the only way to buy outfits is to exchange the gold, silver, and bronze tickets you randomly get rewarded after lives and out of presents. It costs a bit of money too. On that note does anyone know exactly what the third option in the shop offers? The one with all the button icons.
PSN Reikuo

Rin

• Apprentice
  • 初めて会った日、覚えてますか?
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 01, 2016, 07:15:47 AM »

The shop is actually a tailor, sort of. The first icon lets you upgrade outfits and accessories you own with duplicates. It's alright, if you have multiples of the same item, but I've found that in many cases it's better to use over-ranked outfits and accessories anyway, even if they do take your Appeal down because they'll probably still end up increasing it by quite a bit, plus you can use the abilities they add that you may not have on other, appropriately-ranked clothing. Just be careful if you do upgrade that you don't use your better items as the material instead of the base, I don't know if it adds what has already been added to your better one to the worse one that you may accidentally use as the base.

The second icon is where you exchange five at a time per exchange of Gold, Silver, or Bronze Cards, which you earn from lives as Clear/EX Clear rewards or random drops, and an amount of money relative to the type of card for a random outfit or an accessory(I think?).

And the third icon is where you buy some types of enhancements, I guess. I'm not really familiar with them since I never bothered to try them. I'm sure they have their uses though. Seems one affects normal beats you make while using a burst, maybe it increases the points you get from them. I'm sure they're along the lines of that.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2016, 02:29:09 PM by Rin »
What will I paint on the pure-white tomorrow that spreads to its limit?
What will I paint on the tomorrow dyed pitch-black by reality?
Through struggle, we shine.

Byuusan

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 01, 2016, 06:55:40 PM »
A small tip for people going for platinum. Right after Takane's Birthday should be Valentine day. Week 10 of that 12 week set in fact. Remember ot set your leader beforehand so you can get all 13 idol's chocolate with no issues.

On the side note, i also manage to get Yayoi's Chocolate in lessons. So it possible to get the idol's chocolate via other means, but Valentine day is the sure fire way.