Username: Password:

Author Topic: PLATINUM MASTER series CDs  (Read 7541 times)

Adz0086

• Apprentice
  • Hibiki's English name is Sound
    • View Profile
Re: PLATINUM MASTER series CDs
« Reply #30 on: September 22, 2016, 10:33:52 PM »
Anyone know if there's a link for the full songs in Platinum Master 02? (I know I'm being impatient lol ;D ;D)
The only full version (kind of) I could find so far is Insane Game and you have to really listen to hear the song over the commentary: http://sp.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm29654821?cp_in=wt_srch
Insane Game sounds just like Overmaster at the very beginning with the guitar solo
Edit: I also stumbled upon the full version of Bokutachi no resistance with a dude playing the base guitar cover:
http://sp.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm29701992?cp_in=wt_tg
« Last Edit: September 23, 2016, 10:24:39 PM by Adz0086 »

Adz0086

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 24, 2016, 01:33:58 PM »
Finally found rips for the full version songs of Platinum Master 02
Insane Game: https://a.tumblr.com/tumblr_odzvwx9vJg1tb0hhho1.mp3#_=_
Bokutachi no resistance: https://a.tumblr.com/tumblr_odzvqj6gy81tb0hhho1.mp3#_=_
Insane Game really has that Overmaster vibe from it, I love it.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2016, 01:39:50 PM by Adz0086 »

mariokirby

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 26, 2016, 07:07:12 AM »
I listened to the drama track in Platinum Stars 02 album.  I thought it was pretty good since Chihaya played a big role and I loved her reactions especially towards the end. 

Kimiko

• Hi there!
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 26, 2016, 09:56:59 AM »
Bokutachi no resistance: https://a.tumblr.com/tumblr_odzvqj6gy81tb0hhho1.mp3#_=_

I know I will get some hate now, but... I think most of the platinum stars songs are just to bland... for me
I don't get that exciting feeling when listening to them, as I did with the OfA Songs.
Don't get me wrong, I don't hate them or anything, I really like LIVE Kakumei, Happy and Miracle Night, but the other songs...
they are not bad, just.... I don't know what it is... Maybe it really is just me, to think these songs sound bland, but it feels that way... I am missing the spark to set my heart on fire...

darkthunder

• Apprentice
  • Forum member
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 26, 2016, 01:12:52 PM »
I know I will get some hate now, but... I think most of the platinum stars songs are just to bland... for me
I don't get that exciting feeling when listening to them, as I did with the OfA Songs.
Don't get me wrong, I don't hate them or anything, I really like LIVE Kakumei, Happy and Miracle Night, but the other songs...
they are not bad, just.... I don't know what it is... Maybe it really is just me, to think these songs sound bland, but it feels that way... I am missing the spark to set my heart on fire...
Actually most of the new songs are quite bland. I think it mostly because the songs lack energy that can get you excited. I think its because the way they sing the song or the music that's making the song less exciting.

Kimiko

• Hi there!
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 26, 2016, 01:30:25 PM »
Actually most of the new songs are quite bland. I think it mostly because the songs lack energy that can get you excited. I think its because the way they sing the song or the music that's making the song less exciting.

That's what I think too

MetalPredat0r

• Producer
  • No Copyright Law in the Universe is gonna stop me!
    • View Profile
    • Follow me on Twitter if you want.
« Reply #36 on: September 26, 2016, 08:18:21 PM »
My issue with PS' new songs is that they're not very original. As much as I like Miracle Night and Resistance, they feel like they exist purely to try and copy the spin-offs which tried those same types of music and worked. I'd like for PS to experiment in ways that haven't been done before or not experimented enough on.
Haikus are easy
But sometimes they don't make sense
Refrigerator

Kimiko

• Hi there!
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 26, 2016, 08:41:30 PM »
My issue with PS' new songs is that they're not very original. As much as I like Miracle Night and Resistance, they feel like they exist purely to try and copy the spin-offs which tried those same types of music and worked. I'd like for PS to experiment in ways that haven't been done before or not experimented enough on.

true, miracle night uses the same style 99nights
and resistance is like  fate of the world
I really hope that after amaterasu there will be a song with power, energy and it should not be a new version of an old song

suzushinayuriko

• Witness my true power!
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 26, 2016, 09:05:41 PM »

dat Insane Game Overmaster interlude from 2:59 to 3:43, I love it

But seriously, I think the main problem with the PS songs is that the M@STER versions aren't very good. I'm still on the fence about the weird effect on everyone's voices at the beginning of Miracle Night. All of their solos ingame were fantastic, but in the M@STER version their singing was worse. I'm not sure if it was their intention for everyone to sound like chipmunks during the chorus.

Also, the idol choices for each song are a bit weird. Bokutachi no Resistance would have been fantastic if not for the addition of Yayoi, who drags down the entire song because she's just so out of place.

DeviantProtagonist

• Producer
  • 本当にありがとう, あずみん.
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 26, 2016, 09:29:27 PM »
Yeah, the Overmaster is so damn blatant with Insane Game. I'd like to think that wasn't intentional.

That being said, I don't mind Resistance nor Miracle Night, though that stems from a bias for "cool."

I'll hold out for dedicated MASTER solos; I echo the notion Yayoi doesn't fit in well, given the context.
Suddenly, bow-wow-wow~. :3

Adz0086

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 26, 2016, 11:16:00 PM »
I see where you guys are coming from with the songs not being very original, especially with the recent album. With that being said I am slightly biased towards the "cool" songs, being Overmaster, Rebellion, and Fate of the World my favorite songs I really liked the new song Insane Game (dat guitar solo is definitely from overmaster lol) and Bokutachi No Resistance, having Yayoi in it did kind of threw the song off balance, like what DeviantProtagonist said I'll also be waiting for the MASTER solos since the MASTER version of Bokutachi no Resistance didn't really sound too good to me either.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2016, 11:20:08 PM by Adz0086 »

suzushinayuriko

• Witness my true power!
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 27, 2016, 04:38:50 AM »
Yeah, the Overmaster is so damn blatant with Insane Game. I'd like to think that wasn't intentional.

That being said, I don't mind Resistance nor Miracle Night, though that stems from a bias for "cool."

I'll hold out for dedicated MASTER solos; I echo the notion Yayoi doesn't fit in well, given the context.

It's definitely intentional. That interlude is literally just the beginning and end of Overmaster with a new short guitar part in between.

And on a related note, I'm so bitter Yukiho didn't get into the M@STER version of either 99 Nights or Miracle Night. She has some of the best solo versions of both.

DeviantProtagonist

• Producer
  • 本当にありがとう, あずみん.
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 27, 2016, 05:08:42 AM »
Yukiho never got 99 Nights? A real heart-breaker, that one.
Suddenly, bow-wow-wow~. :3

Nayre

• Haisai!
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 27, 2016, 07:37:14 PM »
dat Insane Game Overmaster interlude from 2:59 to 3:43, I love it

This. I got a good kick out of that lol.

Idk for me, when i first listened to these, I thought of them as a homage to the older songs instead of a ripoff/copy. Like how Saiyhou used parts from Aoi Tori.

I guess I'm the only one who enjoyed Resistance eh?
I'll happily take more Hibiki + Chihaya. XD
« Last Edit: September 27, 2016, 07:40:03 PM by Nayre »

suzushinayuriko

• Witness my true power!
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 27, 2016, 09:30:50 PM »
This. I got a good kick out of that lol.

Idk for me, when i first listened to these, I thought of them as a homage to the older songs instead of a ripoff/copy. Like how Saiyhou used parts from Aoi Tori.

I guess I'm the only one who enjoyed Resistance eh?
I'll happily take more Hibiki + Chihaya. XD

I love Miracle Night and Bokutachi no Resistance, it's just the M@STER versions are a bit weird. Can't exactly enjoy Hibiki + Chihaya when Yayoi sings over both of them.

When you first listen to Resistance it's like:

Yodonda sora ni (good opening from Miki)
tozasareta kibou kasane (decent line from Chihaya)
Akirameta mama de (Yayoi drowning out Hibiki, WHY)