puppies-volcanic
Username: Password:

Author Topic: Regarding the "Unofficial Idols" category...  (Read 699 times)

MetalPredat0r

• Producer
  • No Copyright Law in the Universe is gonna stop me!
    • View Profile
    • Follow me on Twitter if you want.
Regarding the "Unofficial Idols" category...
« on: June 05, 2016, 09:17:56 PM »
I noticed that quite a number of CG idols are listed under this category, which at this point in time makes no sense to have them filed under there, or for the category to exist. It may have made sense in 2011/2012 when CG debuted and you could classify them as unofficial due to being outside the main series, but nowadays, after CG has exploded in popularity, it doesn't make much sense to have them there. Especially since they have a more fitting category "Cinderella Girls idols" to themselves. I think that we should remove all the CG idols from that category and place them all under "Cinderella Girls idols" if they haven't already.

As for what Unofficial Idols means, I was discussing this with somebody else from these forums that perhaps it can be changed to "Minor Idols" as in idols that only make minor/singular appearances such as Shinkan Shoujou, Devil Angel, or Yumeko Sakurai, since "unofficial" is too vague of a term.
Haikus are easy
But sometimes they don't make sense
Refrigerator

mariokirby

• Producer
    • View Profile
Re: Regarding the "Unofficial Idols" category...
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2016, 09:28:34 PM »
I guess that makes sense.  I usually think of the word "unofficial" as something fan made.

AnimeMagic

• Greenhorn
  • AceYuki on the im@s wiki :)
    • View Profile
Re: Regarding the "Unofficial Idols" category...
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2016, 03:42:08 AM »
They are all very official, we should just delete the category lol