Username: Password:

Author Topic: Yoooo  (Read 1183 times)

Maestra

• Greenhorn
  • poof
    • View Profile
Yoooo
« on: June 04, 2016, 04:29:05 AM »
I'm Mae, been an im@s fan for over three years now (maybe almost four). I remember running into some videos on Youtube from Live for You and IM@S2 and I really liked the songs and thought that the characters looked pretty cool. Then I discovered the 2011 anime and really enjoyed it.

Sex: Female
Country of Origin: USA
Age (upon joining): 18
Hobbies: Video games (especially RPGs and rhythm/music games), anime watching, taking walks, drawing, internet browsing.

=Q&A=

Q: How did you come across this site?
A: I can't really remember the circumstances for discovering the wiki (it might have been me just looking for a wiki tbh), but I found out about the forum a while later but never really lurked here until last winter when Jewelries 003 had its song suggestion thing open.

Q: Why did you join this site?
A: I figured it was time to stop being a shy lurker and join. Also I needed some people to talk about IM@S with since most of my aidoru loving friends are more into Love Live.

Q: Do you play it?
A: I imported IM@S 2. For mobile titles, Deresute and SideM.

Q: Who is your fave idol?
A: Takane and Chihaya for 765, Ranko and Anzu for 346, and Saki for 315. I'm not too invested in ML yet but I'm taking a liking to Konomi.

Q: Why is your username "Maestra"?
A: "Alice Maestra" was my favorite Touhou BGM six years ago back when I was still a huge fan, so I just took the Maestra part and used it everywhere since.

Q: What are you in to right now?
A: I'm into JJBA, Love Live, the Nasuverse, Granblue Fantasy, Fire Emblem, and Pokemon (Sun/Moon hype).

Q: What is your motto?
A: nico nico nii I don't really have a motto, but I keep telling people "have fun."

Q: Who's your favorite singer(s) right now?
A: Not sure about singers atm, but music in general is just the j-pop/anisong stuff.

Q: What are you up to right now?
A: I just graduated from high school, so I'm just chilling for the summer until college starts in August.

Q: Do you have any expectations from this site?
A: I hope I get along with you all!

Nayre

• Haisai!
    • View Profile
Re: Yoooo
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2016, 09:49:43 AM »
*points to the skies and chants incantation*

O hallowed sword of old, I beseech thee!
Bestow upon us thy holy blessing and illuminate thy
glorious path to the great beyond!

Emoclew ot tcejorp sami!

'Tis finished.  Thy spirit is now in union with our coven.

Eheh... I tried.  >///<

*Ahem*  Haisai!  Nice of you to join us, Mae!  Hope you enjoy it here~ XD

Q: Why is your username "Maestra"?
A: "Alice Maestra" was my favorite Touhou BGM six years ago back when I was still a huge fan, so I just took the Maestra part and used it everywhere since.

Ooh I was a fan too around that time as well, though mostly for the music.(I feel I still am, at heart XD)  That's actually where I started and from there I went --> anime --> im@s.  Also, idk if you're a fan of the doujin arranges, but Demetori made a fantastic cover of that theme recently.  Title pretty much says it all.

Hmm got nothing else. Welp, see you around the forum!  ;D

mariokirby

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2016, 04:46:33 AM »
Hello

We're a small, friendly forum.

So, you've watched the anime, so that's a start.  I highly recommend playing the games.  The newest game, Platinum Stars, is coming out on PS4 this July.  Since you own a PS3, I also recommend One for All which came after Idolm@ster 2.  There's Idolm@ster 1, but that's on a region-lock Xbox360, so it maybe more convenient just to watch videos for that.

In the mean time, keep exploring other im@s stuff such as the music albums, mangas, dramas, Movie/OVA, etc.  Also, continue reading the wiki as that has a wealth of information about the franchise.

EDIT:

And, I have no idea what Nayre was doing.  But, I guess it's nothing bad.

Maestra

• Greenhorn
  • poof
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2016, 05:44:51 PM »
Thanks you guys! I'm guessing that was some forgotten member initiation ritual binding my soul to the forums...

So, you've watched the anime, so that's a start.  I highly recommend playing the games.  The newest game, Platinum Stars, is coming out on PS4 this July.  Since you own a PS3, I also recommend One for All which came after Idolm@ster 2.  There's Idolm@ster 1, but that's on a region-lock Xbox360, so it maybe more convenient just to watch videos for that.

Platinum Stars is one of the reasons why I need a PS4! (The other being Persona 5 unless that PS3 release is still gonna be a thing) I've always was interested in importing One for All, maybe I should do that pretty soon before I don't see it in stock anywhere. I remember watching some IM@S1 vids back when I first got into the fandom, but not recently.

Ooh I was a fan too around that time as well, though mostly for the music.(I feel I still am, at heart XD)  That's actually where I started and from there I went --> anime --> im@s.  Also, idk if you're a fan of the doujin arranges, but Demetori made a fantastic cover of that theme recently.  Title pretty much says it all.

ZUN songs are awesome yes. I was really into doujin remixes back when I was still very much into Touhou, sometimes I go back and listen to some old favorites. Also that Demetori remix is awesome, but Demetori arranges are awesome in general.

Okayu

• E4-G4-D3-B3
  • Global Moderator
  • Producer
  • 千早の可愛いさは正義!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2016, 10:53:37 PM »
Platinum Stars is one of the reasons why I need a PS4! (The other being Persona 5 unless that PS3 release is still gonna be a thing) I've always was interested in importing One for All, maybe I should do that pretty soon before I don't see it in stock anywhere. I remember watching some IM@S1 vids back when I first got into the fandom, but not recently.

I'm pretty sure they also sell the games digitally on PSN if you're up to that. Do you understand Japanese? I could give some pointers about the games if you don't.

Maestra

• Greenhorn
  • poof
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2016, 06:18:38 AM »
My Japanese comprehension isn't very good to say the least, I can only decipher several words and kanji but I can at least read katakana and hiragana (hell if I didn't come across this site a while back I wouldn't have bought Im@s 2), so those pointers would be nice to have.

Okayu

• E4-G4-D3-B3
  • Global Moderator
  • Producer
  • 千早の可愛いさは正義!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2016, 02:28:11 PM »
My Japanese comprehension isn't very good to say the least, I can only decipher several words and kanji but I can at least read katakana and hiragana (hell if I didn't come across this site a while back I wouldn't have bought Im@s 2), so those pointers would be nice to have.

So for PS it's part One For All, part new in terms of game play. If you played OFA the menus and such should look familiar. New features include replacing the dance vocal and visual stats for Appeal, Burst, and Omoide (memory) stats. You can now upgrade costumes to make them stronger. If you have any questions let me know and I'll try to help.