Username: Password:

Author Topic: Hello.  (Read 1135 times)

Verita V.

• Greenhorn
  • Forum plumber
    • View Profile
Hello.
« on: May 06, 2016, 08:48:51 PM »
Hello everyone. I'm a longtime imas fan; I've been exposed to imas from 2010 and got addicted to it short time later. I started from watching AMVs from NND and Youtube, then I watched the anime, and started playing some imas games. At the earlier days of my fandom, I joined a fansite before to interact with fellow imas fans. However, it died, and since then I've went back and forth from some sites like 4chan and 8chan; I felt that I've lost many contacts and can't keep track on some of them, so I signed up here so that I could catch up with the remaining fans.

Now for the interview...
===

Sex: Male
Country of Origin: I prefer not to mention it, let's just say I came from Asia.
Age (upon joining): 20
Hobbies: Gaming, reading, parliamentary debating.

=Q&A=

Q: How did you come across this site?
A: I found referral links to this forum through the project-imas wiki and a Hibiki fansite around 2012. From then, I lurked this forum until I decided to create an account. 

Q: Why did you join this site?
A: I want to meet some new people to talk about imas.

Q: Do you play it?
A: If 'it' refers to imas games only, then yes. I'm currently playing SP, and I'm waiting to play OFA again sometime.

Q: Who is your fave idol?
A: Love dictates that my most favorite is Takane. I also adore Ritsuko and Haruka. However, I like the rest of the 765pro idols to a high degree and prefer not to play favorites while playing any imas games.   

Q: Why is your username "Verita"?
A: Verita is the latin for truth. I have a personal fixation to study the concept of 'truth'; that fixation led me into learning philosophy and debate. As for why I picked Latin, I just find the specific word quite exotic.

Q: What are you in to right now?
A: Preparing for JLPT, trying to learn either Chinese or French, and learning how to do diplomacy.

Q: What is your motto?
A: Brutal honesty is a strength.

Q: Who's your favorite singer(s) right now?
A: Alexander O'Neal, Freddie Jackson and Asami Imai.

Q: What are you up to right now?
A: Contemplating.

Q: Do you have any expectations from this site?
A: I hope to gain new friends in the future through this site.

I didn't expect to spend 3 hours to write this post. Words do not flow naturally from my fingers.

altuixde

• Producer
    • View Profile
Re: Hello.
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2016, 10:11:02 PM »
Welcome to project-imas!

What's this other imas fansite that died? Is it still online, but no one visits it anymore?

And I've never studied Latin, so I've got another question: what's the difference between Verita and Veritas?

I didn't expect to spend 3 hours to write this post. Words do not flow naturally from my fingers.

I'm the same way. I used to have a pen pal that I'd spend hours writing to every day, even though all I'd be able to produce was a few paragraphs.

mariokirby

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2016, 08:35:24 PM »
Hello

We're a small, friendly forum.

Looks like you've been a fan for a while.  Since you've watched the anime, I highly recommend playing the other games. The newest game, Platinum Stars, is coming out on PS4 this July.  I think you said you played One for All, then I would also recommend Idolm@ster 2.  There's Idolm@ster 1, but that's on a region-lock Xbox360 (so it maybe more convenient just to watch videos for that).

I'm pretty sure you already have done this since you've been a fan longer than I have, but if you haven't then keep exploring other im@s stuff such as the music albums, mangas, dramas, Movie/OVA, etc.  Also, as you already know the wiki has a wealth of information about the franchise.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2016, 03:59:07 AM by mariokirby »

Verita V.

• Greenhorn
  • Forum plumber
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2016, 07:46:42 AM »
I'm terribly sorry for the late reply; I had not been able to access internet in the past 2 months because of problems with an ISP.

What's this other imas fansite that died? Is it still online, but no one visits it anymore?
The site was shut down by its owner, even though there were about ten users active until its last days. If my memory serves me right, the site name started with "765c", and that site was an imageboard.

And I've never studied Latin, so I've got another question: what's the difference between Verita and Veritas?
The difference is probably how the way they are used. Verita is used only as name, while Veritas is a noun, just like the word 'truth'.
I haven't studied Latin for long too, so I might be wrong.

The newest game, Platinum Stars, is coming out on PS4 this July.
Last time I heard that the Platinum Stars was to be released in last June. Did something happened or was I misinformed?
Anyway, the hype seems still high and good thing I haven't missed much of it.

I think you said you played One for All, then I would also recommend Idolm@ster 2.  There's Idolm@ster 1, but that's on a region-lock Xbox360 (so it maybe more convenient just to watch videos for that).
I've planned to play Im@s 1 & 2 too whenever I have the money to spare. Or, I could wait few more years for a functional X360 emulator.

I'm pretty sure you already have done this since you've been a fan longer than I have, but if you haven't then keep exploring other im@s stuff such as the music albums, mangas, dramas, Movie/OVA, etc.  Also, as you already know the wiki has a wealth of information about the franchise.
I still have a lot of things to catch up on that matter though, like listening to the countless events of CD dramas. Thanks for the reminder.

Also, thanks for the warm welcome guys.

Miki Fan

• Greenhorn
  • Forum member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2016, 08:37:02 AM »
Welcome to the Forums :)

Platinum Stars will be released on July 28.  If you have a PS4, I highly recommend that you get it.

Also, as mariokirby said, if you want to explore all the other Idolm@ster stuff such as the music albums, mangas, dramas, Movie/OVA, check out the Wiki.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2016, 08:38:41 AM by Miki Fan »
Where

Okayu

• E4-G4-D3-B3
  • Global Moderator
  • Producer
  • 千早の可愛いさは正義!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2016, 01:46:34 PM »
I'm terribly sorry for the late reply; I had not been able to access internet in the past 2 months because of problems with an ISP.

The site was shut down by its owner, even though there were about ten users active until its last days. If my memory serves me right, the site name started with "765c", and that site was an imageboard.

Welcome. I used to post on that site too so we may have met each other before without knowing it. Hope you enjoy your stay here.
Theater Days ID: RLA7LXH4

Okayu's Translation Thread: http://forum.project-imas.com/index.php/topic,2586.0.html

Chihaya fansite: http://utahimerakuen.waifu.pl/

Verita V.

• Greenhorn
  • Forum plumber
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2016, 05:17:56 AM »
Welcome to the Forums :)

Platinum Stars will be released on July 28.  If you have a PS4, I highly recommend that you get it.
Hello there.

About Platinum Stars, I don't have a PS4 and getting one doesn't seem like a worthwhile investment in my situation for the next few years, but I'll consider getting the game sometime in the future. 

Welcome. I used to post on that site too so we may have met each other before without knowing it. Hope you enjoy your stay here.

Hello. It feels good to see a familiar face.

I do recall seeing few Chihaya fans back then; they were quite vocal about their feelings toward the idol. None were seem to be as vocal as the site owner was, though.