Username: Password:

Author Topic: EX 1 pack issues  (Read 1973 times)

Naryoril

• Producer
    • View Profile
Re: EX 1 pack issues
« Reply #15 on: May 03, 2016, 12:11:53 AM »
I'm not sure but it might be necessary to beat the vs Leon festival once. After beating idol extreme you should have gotten a scene with Leon where she handed you a letter, it's a challenge. Use the letter from the inventory and a new event should show up where you have to beat Leon.

mariokirby

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 03, 2016, 12:13:33 AM »
Is Chihaya your leader?  The EX episodes for Chihaya won't show up on the  job/event list if she isn't selected as the leader.

EDIT:

Also, you're sure you downloaded the catalog 4 installation file?  It's a big file (maybe over 500MB?).

EDIT 2:

Also, try what Naryoril suggested and use the letter (the one Leon gave you) to face her and beat her.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2016, 12:29:18 AM by mariokirby »

Kimiko

• Hi there!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 03, 2016, 09:42:01 AM »
I could play the ex episodes right after beating Idol Extreme
I didn't have to beat leon

normally if you have downloaded the files and the catalog you should be able to play them

JurikoSan

• Greenhorn
  • Forum member
    • View Profile
    • http://www.twitch.tv/juriko16
« Reply #18 on: May 03, 2016, 01:57:04 PM »
I did use the letter and beat Leon and I did download catalog 4, but the Rank tab is just greyed out now, I seriously don't know what I'm doing wrong :c
I'll keep smiling!

Naryoril

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 03, 2016, 02:24:44 PM »
May be a stupid question, but did you just download or also install the catalog and the ex episodes DLC?

And as mariokirby said, is Chihaya your leader?

And the event you are looking for is NOT on the rank up tab, but in the special tab (in the 4th, not the 3rd). Only after beating the first part of the ex story you will unlock the rank up to S3.

JurikoSan

• Greenhorn
  • Forum member
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 03, 2016, 02:49:01 PM »
Well I did all of this, but let me check the last you just said :)
I'll keep smiling!

JurikoSan

• Greenhorn
  • Forum member
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 03, 2016, 03:36:32 PM »
Thank you so much guys! I finally see the S3 rank ^_^
I'll keep smiling!

Naryoril

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 03, 2016, 04:15:00 PM »
What was it in the end? The wrong tab to do the EX episode? Btw: S3 doesn't unlock the song, beating all 4 events of the Ex episode 1 does, while S3 rank is not necessary for that, it will help a lot (especially the rank ups for episode 2 and 3 can be brutal, even if you have 4 memories with that idol)

JurikoSan

• Greenhorn
  • Forum member
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 03, 2016, 04:31:55 PM »
Well it was the wrong the tab, but also I can't beat Rank S3 yet, so I need to beat the Extreme with the other idols first I guess
I'll keep smiling!

Naryoril

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 03, 2016, 06:16:59 PM »
the idol extreme doesn't help you in that regard i think, other than gaining xp. It might that your idols have too low level or you don't have enough memories, but if they are all A1 rank that shouldn't be an issue. What you probably need is better tactics. In difficult festivals i tend to sacrifice the second song and try to get the opponent to waste some memories. Also remember that you can switch out the members between songs. First the memories of the 3rd member are used, then the memories of the second and then the memories of the leader. So you can use the memories of the 2nd and 3rd member without hesitation in each song if you swap out the members after each song.

Another part is the timing of bursts. Who is the opponent in the S3 event and what's their burst skill? I think its Mai Hidaka (Ai's mother), but i'm not sure. If it's Jupiter (though i think they are the S2 rank up opponents) then do everything you must to burst before them and make them counter you. Because if they burst while it isn't a counter, they will strip you of 3 memories and destroy your burst gauge iirc. So it's always better to make them counter you, even if you have to invest 3 memories to do that.

mariokirby

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 05, 2016, 05:56:27 AM »
Well it was the wrong the tab

Oh.  That was the problem?  I was thinking about saying something about the tabs, but I guess I assumed you were already searching all the tabs.  So, thank you Naryoril for bringing it up.  You saved us a lot of time.

But, glad you finally got it resolved.

the idol extreme doesn't help you in that regard i think, other than gaining xp. It might that your idols have too low level or you don't have enough memories, but if they are all A1 rank that shouldn't be an issue. What you probably need is better tactics.

You're right, strategy is more important especially when different opponents have different burst skills.  I think beating IE gives you an additional 30 skill points, so it maybe useful for learning some better skills.  But, having the right strategy is top priority.

Another part is the timing of bursts. Who is the opponent in the S3 event and what's their burst skill?

S3 rank up?  It's Devil Angel.  The same opponent for the IE festival.  They reduce your voltage during their burst.

Naryoril

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 05, 2016, 08:44:53 AM »
hm... Is Mai the A3 rank up opponent then? I remember she was somewhere, and pretty high up. But most people probably wouldn't notice it because there is no graphical representation for her when she bursts and you just see her name in the corner, i was really happy to see it though. Yes, i like Mai, she is a great character, especially when interacting (mostly teasing :p) with Ai

mariokirby

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 05, 2016, 09:27:54 AM »
Mai is actually the S1 rank up opponent.  I remember getting a little annoyed with her festival battle because she's hard.  Still beat her though. 

Though, I guess it makes sense she's the last rival in rank up because she's a retired successful idol or something like that.

« Last Edit: May 05, 2016, 09:52:00 AM by mariokirby »

Naryoril

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 05, 2016, 10:01:40 AM »
Well, she was a super famous top idol, but retired when she got pregnant with Ai. In the course of the Dearly Stars storyline, when Ai started to go up in ranks as an idol, Mai made her comback, more or less to mess with Ai.

JurikoSan

• Greenhorn
  • Forum member
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 07, 2016, 06:57:33 PM »
I just find it pretty hard to beat S3, even though the leader is like lvl 33 or 34, I guess I just have to keep trying xD
I'll keep smiling!