Username: Password:

Author Topic: Suggested change to seiyuu pages  (Read 900 times)

Maka

• Producer
    • View Profile
Suggested change to seiyuu pages
« on: February 25, 2016, 09:56:06 PM »
So this is something that's been mildly on my mind is how bloated some of the seiyuu pages (like Saori Hayami and Maaya Uchida's) are. So I'm proposing this: streamlining more popular seiyuu's pages and removing the "Student B" and "Girl 4" roles. Or for super long pages we could limit it to characters that are bold on wikipedia.

A lot of our seiyuu pages are ripped right from wikipedia as well, and wikipedia aims to catalog every role ever. I think our wiki has different readership and people are reading seiyuu pages for different reasons here.

Any thoughts?

ChocoCats

• Producer
  • Yoshi♥
    • View Profile
Re: Suggested change to seiyuu pages
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2016, 10:54:48 PM »
I can't say much about the pages considering the amount of "rookie" seiyuus IM@S has. Though, I'm fine with removing the minor roles.

Behold! The Yarn Yoshi Army!

MetalPredat0r

• Producer
  • No Copyright Law in the Universe is gonna stop me!
    • View Profile
    • Follow me on Twitter if you want.
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2016, 12:32:44 AM »
I third the notion of removing minor roles.

As for the articles that are bloated, I feel like maybe compress them into drop-down lists so as to not make each page lengthy at first sight.

Although I feel like in general this'll be difficult what with 100+ VAs in the franchise.
Haikus are easy
But sometimes they don't make sense
Refrigerator

Nayre

• Haisai!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2016, 02:35:45 AM »
I'm not sure I should have any say on this since I don't/can't contribute to the wiki whatsoever, but I agree that it's kinda pointless to have all the anime roles in there(that's MAL's job).  Either droplist them like Metal said, or for popular VAs, just include the noteworthy roles maybe?  I feel like the anime roles are used as filler just to have something in there.  We should stick to having info on mostly im@s related stuffs like on all the main 765 seiyuu pages(ahh, prolly not a fair comparison cuz they've been with im@s way longer lol) like concert performances, events, radio participation and so on.

I personally only check the seiyuu pages to view their VA profile and picture(and that's it), especially for the newer ones.  I feel like they should at least have a little more background info on the seiyuu themselves, like how they got their nicknames, hobbies and personal interests, any interesting traits or talents they have like Hasshi's slurred speech that's often made fun of or Ruru's horrible cooking skills, stuff like that so it'd be easier (for non-Japanese fans) to learn more about them.  Take a look at Love Live's.(they don't even have an anime roles list)

In the end, I don't think it's that big of a deal, since a lot of the western/casual fans don't really care or follow them anyways, plus it'd be a pain having to update all those pages(we have so many XD) especially with you guys being shorthanded and all.  It's just something nice to have for those that are interested.

Soz, just some of my thoughts lol this has been on my mind for a while as well.