Username: Password:

Author Topic: Wiki spam  (Read 595 times)

AkuAkane

• View Profile
Wiki spam
« on: February 14, 2016, 12:00:25 AM »
Checked the wiki just now and I had to refresh multiple times to get in and when I did I saw this...

Looks like multiple "users" are spamming...support numbers? lol
I figure you guys have already noticed, but if not here's a heads up and I hope you guys can get the situation under control.
Top 5 Original 765PRO Girls=Makoto, Azusa, Takane, Iori, Hibiki
Top 5 Cinderella Girls=Takumi, Rina, Natsuki, Tomoe, Akane
Top 5 Million Live Girls=Matsuri, Noriko, Roco, Julia, Chizuru
Top 5 SideM Guys=Suzaku, Michiru, Kyoji, Ryu, Michio

AkuAkane

• View Profile
Re: Wiki spam
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2016, 12:13:38 AM »
Unrelated thing that I didn't want to make a whole thread for:
So the place I get my CG cards from posted this

It seems legit, but I've never seen a card just straight up labeled "event". Anyone know what's up with this? Would like to confirm it's actually legit before I go putting it on the wiki.
Top 5 Original 765PRO Girls=Makoto, Azusa, Takane, Iori, Hibiki
Top 5 Cinderella Girls=Takumi, Rina, Natsuki, Tomoe, Akane
Top 5 Million Live Girls=Matsuri, Noriko, Roco, Julia, Chizuru
Top 5 SideM Guys=Suzaku, Michiru, Kyoji, Ryu, Michio

Maka

• Producer
    • View Profile
Re: Wiki spam
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2016, 01:28:42 AM »
I've never seen one labeled event either, so... Idk??? I wouldn't add it until we can figure out what it is.

We did have a problem with spam like a while ago but it straightened itself out. However, as you can probably remember there's been a rash of random spam signups who never edit and are eventually culled... But apparently the spam filter isn't working anymore.

Honestly I think we need more wiki admins because when there's a problem (like the "Gracie" user that was adding completely false things to articles dozens of times a day) it takes a few days to resolve. And no one can be on as an admin 24/7... I hope this doesn't come out as pretentious or implying that the current admin aren't doing their jobs or something, I tried to think of a way to word it. I think it's just one or two people spread too thin.