Username: Password:

Author Topic: Ask Questions Thread  (Read 2681 times)

mariokirby

• Producer
    • View Profile
Re: Ask Questions Thread
« Reply #15 on: May 28, 2016, 10:16:28 PM »
However, I'll have to mirror what Nayoril said. There's just too many.  A number of people just can't keep up with that high a number.

And going to Nayoril's second point, the amount of idols is difficult to fully develop all of them. Moreso in CG than ML and SM since contrary to popular belief, the latter two (especially ML) have story commus that give more insight on the characters. However, of course it's not nearly as much as 765Pro, which to be fair have had 10 years worth of development, games, and overall existence to be fleshed out while these spin-off characters have hardly had half that time. There's great potential, but these characters need to be in a console game for that potential to be realized by a larger number of people.

Metalpredat0r pretty much nailed it.  (Although, this topic has been discussed a lot already).

Those are the weaknesses behind the spin-offs.  The 765pro idols are so well established and developed since they have a long history with console games, communications, story, songs, animes, mangas, radio, drama, etc.  Plus, the 765pro idols had lots of interactions between each other and their different  producers throughout their history.

And, they were able to pull all of this off easily since it is just 13 idols instead of a huge group of idols (it started as 10 in im@s 1 arcade.  Then, it was 11 with im@s 1 xbox360 with Miki.  Then, it was 13 with im@s 2 with Takane and Hibiki although they were introduced as the main rival unit back in SP). 

However, the spin-offs don’t have nearly as much history of development.  Part of the reason is because they’re relatively new.  But, the biggest reason (like mentioned before in the above posts) is because it’s difficult since the spin-offs have too many idols.  But, like Metalpredat0r said, there is some development like mobile games, mangas, songs, etc.  But, a lot more work needs to be done.

People have gotten so attached to 765Pro for the longest time, they can't see themselves be bothered to get attached to the spin-offs. Whether it be the large number of idols, the lack of development in comparison, the lack of a console game, not having their favorite idol, etc., some people can't be bothered to leave what they're most familiar and comfortable with.

I'll admit I'm bias (and attached) towards 765pro because when I first started getting into im@s, there were no spin-offs like CG or ML.  (There was Dearly Stars but let’s keep it simple).  All you had were the 13 idols and that was it.  Like I said before they are very established/developed and have a long history of interaction between each other and their different producers.  Plus, my most favorite idol of all is from 765pro.

But, I’ll admit there are some idols in ML who have pretty good artwork.

Ironically, I’m also a little bias towards Side M because of Jupiter and the other cool male idols since I can relate to cool guys.

But, above all, one should like whatever they want regardless of what other people say.  Everyone has different tastes.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2016, 11:10:16 PM by mariokirby »

terucchi

• Apprentice
  • nico nico nii madafaka
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 29, 2016, 07:28:39 AM »
Thank you for your answers. That gave me a little more insight on how you liked mobile games. I researched CG and ML a bit more and i admit the number of idols is a recipe of disaster. SM is still OK, not hundreds like the others which is like how do you decide who to use but thanks anyway. The bias in fandoms towards pioneer units like in the LLSIP fandom, which some hate LLSunshine just because its not u's and how they love u's which looks like how people here likes 765PRO more than others but its still understandable.

Sent from my IVO V5 using Tapatalk

mariokirby

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 29, 2016, 09:39:21 AM »
I researched CG and ML a bit more and i admit the number of idols is a recipe of disaster.

Well, ML has a lot less idols (about 37) when compared to CG which has like 200 idols (though not all are voiced).  While there's a lot work done on the spin-offs, it's going to be challenging for them to achieve the same recognition without something significant (like a console game which is tough just by itself).

There's actually an irony in that there's a lot of people who really like CG since it became really popular with the anime and Starlight Stage.

But, as I said before, you should like whatever you want regardless what other people say.

EDIT: clarified some points after reading Cael's post
« Last Edit: May 29, 2016, 10:10:07 AM by mariokirby »

Cael K.

• Producer
  • Dark Slayer Style!
    • View Profile
    • Memories of Melon Pan
« Reply #18 on: May 29, 2016, 09:57:08 AM »
For me, when I think about all the mobile games and where they fit in the grand machinations of NBGI... they seem to be something to keep the franchise alive and fresh in people's minds until the next console release. Sure there's a lot of idols, but I think the entire point was to let the fandom fandom over everyone, and then for NBGI to respond to that fandom and acknowledge it. There's no shortage of art or doujin and stuff, and the most popular Cinderella Girls characters are getting voices... then songs and CDs, and even spots in an anime, which I don't think anyone imagined would happen. The fandom has been fed quite well, I'd say, and the cycle it's created is quite healthy.

Though to be honest, if someone says they don't like either of them, I can totally see it. The mobile games aren't exactly filled with gameplay, and at least for Cinderella Girls, the vast majority of them only have their quotes for development. I honestly think that's kinda the point - I think Namco'd rather reverse import canon from the fandom, than to make canon and restrict the fandom to deal with it - but regardless, some people see the lack of official development and don't like it. I can't call that reason misguided, 'cause it ain't. People just like different things.

... Although Cinderella Girls got popular enough to have an anime and rhythm game. I find this hilarious. And awesome.
Cael's Im@s Ranking: Azusa, Yumeko, Tomomi, Haruka

How to get stuff from Japan without causing things to explode in a shower of sparks and misery: http://forum.project-imas.com/index.php/topic,1108.0.html

Memories of Melon Pan: http://d.hatena.ne.jp/caelk/
Translations: http://www.mediafire.com/?hzc4b0jy7pwll

Currently translating (text only):
S(mile)ING! (English version, singable) - http://d.hatena.ne.jp/caelk/20140911/1410422445
Neue Green, Volume 3 - Will start sometime. ^_^;;
Rockin' Girl, Volume 1 (Chapters 1-5) - http://www.mediafire.com/?z00ffkvg5ocg11e

mariokirby

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 29, 2016, 10:04:09 AM »
they seem to be something to keep the franchise alive and fresh in people's minds until the next console release.

I was going to say something about that.  Don't know why I didn't mention it.  But, I had a theory that the spin-offs helped keep 765pro "fresh" until their next console game.  I guess people, in general, get sick of seeing the same thing.  So, by focusing the attention away from the main series for some time (like when CG is getting the spotlight), 765pro was able to keep cool and fresh until their next console game.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2016, 10:06:33 AM by mariokirby »

terucchi

• Apprentice
  • nico nico nii madafaka
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 29, 2016, 12:49:37 PM »
I kinda want to see CG / SM console game or a rhythm for SM tho~

Sent from my IVO V5 using Tapatalk

haruna57

« Reply #21 on: February 11, 2017, 03:46:35 PM »
Hello!
I'm kinda curious about sidem
Apparently bamco has released a video about sidem
Is it true that they going to make a deresute, SideM version? Because the name on the title says "THE IDOLM@STER SideM Live on St@ge" or is it just another live concert?

Hime Idol

• View Profile
    • My Request Forum
« Reply #22 on: February 11, 2017, 09:50:04 PM »
Hello!
I'm kinda curious about sidem
Apparently bamco has released a video about sidem
Is it true that they going to make a deresute, SideM version? Because the name on the title says "THE IDOLM@STER SideM Live on St@ge" or is it just another live concert?

As far as we know it's another mobile game.
I'd appreciate any help any one has to offer. The DLCs are very expensive and I'd really appreciate whatever you guys can send. I use my PayPal solely for JapanCodeSupply to order PSN yen cards for iDOLM@STER Platinum Stars for the DLC catalogs. I'm hoping to start PS requests by January but I'd like to keep the DLC and DL Live material up to date. The money will not and never will be used for anything else. My PayPal.Me link: paypal.me/HimeIdol