puppies-volcanic
Username: Password:

Author Topic: THE iDOLM@STER Cinderella Girls: Starlight Stage  (Read 76217 times)

Accoun

• View Profile
Re: THE iDOLM@STER Cinderella Girls: Starlight Stage
« Reply #15 on: June 28, 2015, 11:20:47 PM »
Will it be as bad as School Idol Festival? The video doesn't seem to work on my mobile browser, so I can just guess.

Maka

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 28, 2015, 11:21:23 PM »
Different strokes for different folks, I assume? It's cool. Sorry if my initial post came off as more angry than I wanted it to, I'm bad at regulating tone online and a lot of posts I make make me sound ten times more peeved than I actually am.

MetalPredat0r

• Producer
  • No Copyright Law in the Universe is gonna stop me!
    • View Profile
    • Follow me on Twitter if you want.
« Reply #17 on: June 28, 2015, 11:25:46 PM »
Will it be as bad as School Idol Festival? The video doesn't seem to work on my mobile browser, so I can just guess.

From what little we've shown, it looks similar to School Idol Festival but with actual 3D models performing in the background ala Shiny Festa, so it's more visually appealing than SIF.

Again, video doesn't have too much to judge on since they literally only showed 10 seconds of footage.
Haikus are easy
But sometimes they don't make sense
Refrigerator

Scotty

• 961Pro President
  • Global Moderator
  • Producer
  • Kuroi Shachou
    • View Profile
    • G+ iDOLM@STER Community
« Reply #18 on: June 28, 2015, 11:34:15 PM »
From what little we've shown, it looks similar to School Idol Festival but with actual 3D models performing in the background ala Shiny Festa, so it's more visually appealing than SIF.

Again, video doesn't have too much to judge on since they literally only showed 10 seconds of footage.

One important distinction is that while Shiny Festa's 3D models were pre-rendered, it might not be so for this 'game'. This is a completely different engine from any flagship iMAS game, as can be seen from the background blur at 5 seconds in. This could hint at what iMAS 3 might try to accomplish with its engine, or it could just solely be for this title.

The possibility of it still being pre-rendered is still there though. You never know.

Accoun

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 28, 2015, 11:40:53 PM »
Yeah, missed the YT link in the OP.
And yes, it already has more polish than SIF (which isn't hard, because you could easily mistake it for an amateur Flash game), but I'm still highly sceptical. Looks like it's designed for phones, unlike LL which looked more like it was designed for tablets because of the amount and placing of the inputs.

Maka

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 28, 2015, 11:42:41 PM »
I'm reminded a lot of the Show By Rock interface:

MetalPredat0r

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 28, 2015, 11:44:11 PM »
One important distinction is that while Shiny Festa's 3D models were pre-rendered, it might not be so for this 'game'. This is a completely different engine from any flagship iMAS game, as can be seen from the background blur at 5 seconds in. This could hint at what iMAS 3 might try to accomplish with its engine, or it could just solely be for this title.

The possibility of it still being pre-rendered is still there though. You never know.

It probably is pre-rendered considering that those character models look slightly more touched-up than the regular models, which I'm pretty sure a smartphone can't handle doing real-time (Unless it can. not very savvy on smartphone technology). I think the best way to note this is comparing the models from that trailer to the ones from the G4U games.

I would not mind in the slightest if this is a sneak preview of how the visuals are gonna look for future games.

Yeah, missed the YT link in the OP.
And yes, it already has more polish than SIF (which isn't hard, because you could easily mistake it for an amateur Flash game), but I'm still highly sceptical. Looks like it's designed for phones, unlike LL which looked more like it was designed for tablets because of the amount and placing of the inputs.

Now that you mention it, that's a good point. LLSIF's buttons are more spread-out which is great for a tablet, but forces you to stretch your fingers out when on a phone. Likewise, this looks perfect to play on a smartphone, but on a tablet, you really have to squish them together.

Maybe they'll have an option like spreading out the inputs so that you can customize it according to your device and see what setup is most comfortable.
Haikus are easy
Refrigerator

Accoun

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 28, 2015, 11:56:54 PM »
I honestly don't see why they would make the backgrounds real-time. It's a rhythm game - it has to keep steady framerate; it's a f2p game - it has to run on everyone's and their grandmothers' phones, regardless of what the better ones are able to run.

Scotty

• 961Pro President
  • Global Moderator
  • Producer
  • Kuroi Shachou
    • View Profile
    • G+ iDOLM@STER Community
« Reply #23 on: June 29, 2015, 12:07:21 AM »
I honestly don't see why they would make the backgrounds real-time. It's a rhythm game - it has to keep steady framerate; it's a f2p game - it has to run on everyone's and their grandmothers' phones, regardless of what the better ones are able to run.

Good points. Makes common sense, that and coupled with the fact that this is NBGI we're talking about, it's pretty likely this is pre-rendered.

Buuuuuuuuuuuuuut, there's also the chance of letting consumers pay for costumes, making there a need for real time backgrounds. I was confident this was rendered in real time, but now? Not so sure.

MetalPredat0r

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 29, 2015, 12:17:00 AM »
Good points. Makes common sense, that and coupled with the fact that this is NBGI we're talking about, it's pretty likely this is pre-rendered.

Buuuuuuuuuuuuuut, there's also the chance of letting consumers pay for costumes, making there a need for real time backgrounds. I was confident this was rendered in real time, but now? Not so sure.

Now that you say that, it's possible. Though I also feel that costumes will only change depending on the song, like Shiny Festa did. It would have been cool to see it in real time, but as you said, it's doubtful because smartphones and Scamco.
Haikus are easy
Refrigerator

animagic4u

• Producer
  • #seiyuusports
    • View Profile
    • Blog
« Reply #25 on: June 29, 2015, 12:38:52 AM »
the last good rhythm game Namco put out besides Taiko no Tatsujin lmao

In my opinion this is their best rhythm game, perfect difficulty/learning curve and perfect game play.
Everything else from them is trash.

SakuraMaxX

• Producer
  • (/・Д・)/NO!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 29, 2015, 02:08:37 AM »

My guess is they will have costume and accessory cards that are rendered ingame.  I wouldn't imagine them using pre-rendered videos unless they were using their better looking PS3 models and engine.

In my opinion this is their best rhythm game, perfect difficulty/learning curve and perfect game play.
Everything else from them is trash.

Why can't we ever have good rhythm games anymore

I'm reminded a lot of the Show By Rock interface:

Which is pretty much Tap Tap Revenge.........  I'm all for lane-based rhythm games but none of them ever feel just right and fun on mobile.  The last one I thought was decent was Deemo.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2015, 02:11:37 AM by SakuraMaxX »

zaitcev

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 29, 2015, 03:11:41 AM »
I'm not going to strain myself with region unlocking. It's the reason why I'm not playing LLSIF: I'm not interested in the English version and the Japanese version is too much trouble to unlock. VPN? Neighbour, please.

Yukibro

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 29, 2015, 03:19:56 AM »
Wow, this is a pretty well done LLSIF mod.

ninjamitsuki

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 29, 2015, 05:19:12 AM »
If they want a chance at competing with LLSIF, they're gonna have to globalize it...