puppies-volcanic
Username: Password:

Author Topic: Regarding tone in edit summaries/drama  (Read 1657 times)

Maka

• Producer
    • View Profile
Regarding tone in edit summaries/drama
« on: June 23, 2015, 10:44:22 PM »
Okay, this has gone on long enough. Some of you are being really, really rude in edit summaries. For example:

"Yeeeeeeeah, no...... :) If you're gonna be a snarky bitch at least upload the full size images lol"

I don't know why this is considered acceptable, because it's not. This is a wiki frequented by people of all ages and backgrounds, and some of you (myself included, I'm not distancing myself from this because I'm guilty as well) are being really inflammatory for no reason. I know everyone puts a lot of work and time into this and seeing stuff you don't agree with is frustrating, but we're not 5 year olds here.

We need to have a discussion about the words and tone some of you are using, because it's not okay at all.

animagic4u

• Producer
  • #seiyuusports
    • View Profile
    • Blog
Re: Regarding tone in edit summaries/drama
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2015, 10:59:22 PM »
This should not be acceptable. This isn't acceptable.
Honestly, I'm shocked at the kind of behavior that occurs on the wiki and even occasionally on this board.

As far things go, I think the following should be clear:

Upload only factual information in as neutral a tone as possible
Leave meaningful edit summaries

If someone makes an edit you feel is wrong, you do not need to take it as a personal offense.
If you feel like you need to dispute some information provided on the wiki, I think it's best to bring it up here in this board to allow the community to discuss it.

I'm really sad that there is behavior like this on here, a lot of people use this wiki and respect the information there.

MetalPredat0r

• Producer
  • No Copyright Law in the Universe is gonna stop me!
    • View Profile
    • Follow me on Twitter if you want.
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2015, 01:00:01 AM »
I was the one that originally put the "Yeeeeah no...." thing because it was kinda confusing and frustrating that Kana's HR was called an R which caused a big source of complication when uploading the actual R card. I wasn't the one who made the snarky bitch comeback, though, and I actually didn't take it that hard, but I see where you guys are coming from.

I do sincerely apologize for that one comment I did make. I wasn't really thinking about the consequences. I take responsibility for my original summary and I will make more neutral summaries from now on.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2015, 01:05:34 AM by MetalPredat0r »
Haikus are easy
But sometimes they don't make sense
Refrigerator

ChocoCats

• Producer
  • Yoshi♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2015, 01:08:37 AM »
I was surprised when I saw this and quite frankly, that was the rudest response on the wiki (and elsewhere) I'd seen this far.
While I'm not 100% clean with my manners (fairly recently with the selection CD), but even when dealing with "annoying" people, don't act like one because you're making yourself that and no one wants that.

However though, please don't make comments every time you uploaded a file unless it's a description about the file. It shows up on the picture below and it looks unproductive. Not only that, but it's going to stay on the summary box forever so be mindful about it. I learned that the hard way.

As already said,
Upload only factual information in as neutral a tone as possible
Leave meaningful edit summaries

Overall, think before you type and post, and be mindful about the people coming in and out on the internet, this included because honestly, I'm really disappointed with amount of gross content publicly posted on the forums and people here don't take that seriously enough. Even if IM@S is considered PG-13, everyone at all ages still come here and the gross stuff really shouldn't be there.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2015, 01:10:24 AM by ChocoCats »

Behold! The Yarn Yoshi Army!

Maka

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2015, 01:14:52 AM »
Yeah, I definitely think stopping to go "hey who's going to see this" is a great idea. Especially when I post, I assume maybe 5 people are going to see it, but compare the amount of posts in a topic to the amount of views...

But anyways, I'm definitely guilty of this. So I want to apologize to anyone I've ever been dickish to as well.

Nayre

• Haisai!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2015, 01:36:58 AM »
Overall, think before you type and post, and be mindful about the people coming in and out on the internet, this included because honestly, I'm really disappointed with amount of gross content publicly posted on the forums and people here don't take that seriously enough. Even if IM@S is considered PG-13, everyone at all ages still come here and the gross stuff really shouldn't be there.

Ooh...I'm so guilty of this lol.  I'll remove that one post about pervy Japan immediately, I should've thought it was too crude of joke to be placed here.
Sorry! _| ̄|●