Username: Password:

Author Topic: Missed the moon SP  (Read 5502 times)

Maka

• Producer
    • View Profile
Re: Missed the moon SP
« Reply #15 on: May 07, 2015, 10:53:24 PM »
...This game was YEARS before the 918 incident, though...? It was also only the second game, not counting arcadem@s... So it's not like they went from OFA/imas2 to SP or something. Calling it "cheap" or saying it's like an unfinished beta isn't really fair.

I think part of your problem with the game is that you're judging it based on OFA standards instead of 2008 idolmaster standards. SP is a relatively old game; the series is huge and almost a decade old now, but it was only a few years old when SP was announced. It was established but not nearly as huge a juggernaut as it is now.

I mean, if you don't like SP, you don't like it, but you should judge it on its own standards instead of 2015 standards.

if we're talking cuts in quality and an attempt to cash in, Shiny Festa kinda fits the bill... Nothing really new except the rhythm sections (which l4u had already done), done at the very tail end of the system's lifespan, and also some of the MVs are really lazy (like Shalala. They're literally just swaying back and forth for the entirety of the song. ;_;)

It's better than the Love Live Vita game, however. That literally looks like _I_ programmed it. But it was probably a complete cash grab so. (i still love the series tho)

Regarding DLC, SP had some awesome and cute outfits like Takane's Punkish Gothic and the wolf girl costume. But then you have... Like... That ugly plugsuit extend. I feel like they took quite a few gambles with the DLC and it paid off most of the time, but it also resulted in some really out-there stuff.

(I want them to go back to incorporating MASTER ARTIST songs as DLC ;_; Nemurihime and livE and Flower Girl, we hardly knew ye)

Cael K.

• Producer
  • Dark Slayer Style!
    • View Profile
    • Memories of Melon Pan
« Reply #16 on: May 08, 2015, 03:32:25 AM »
It also offered the best selection of songs in DLC. Just best DLC in general.

This. Heck, if you include the character songs (that weren't DLC unless you wanted other idols to sing 'em), the game had the best lineup of songs in any Im@s game without slappin' down cash.

SP is like the perfected form of everything before Second Vision. My opinion, SP is the best game in the series I've played. But I haven't played OFA yet 'cause I'm a horrible fan.
Cael's Im@s Ranking: Azusa, Yumeko, Tomomi, Haruka

How to get stuff from Japan without causing things to explode in a shower of sparks and misery: http://forum.project-imas.com/index.php/topic,1108.0.html

Memories of Melon Pan: http://d.hatena.ne.jp/caelk/
Translations: http://www.mediafire.com/?hzc4b0jy7pwll

Currently translating (text only):
S(mile)ING! (English version, singable) - http://d.hatena.ne.jp/caelk/20140911/1410422445
Neue Green, Volume 3 - Will start sometime. ^_^;;
Rockin' Girl, Volume 1 (Chapters 1-5) - http://www.mediafire.com/?z00ffkvg5ocg11e

animagic4u

• Producer
  • #seiyuusports
    • View Profile
    • Blog
« Reply #17 on: May 08, 2015, 04:18:22 AM »
This. Heck, if you include the character songs (that weren't DLC unless you wanted other idols to sing 'em), the game had the best lineup of songs in any Im@s game without slappin' down cash.

SP is like the perfected form of everything before Second Vision. My opinion, SP is the best game in the series I've played. But I haven't played OFA yet 'cause I'm a horrible fan.

I agree with this post entirely. Minus the OFA part, I've played it The scheduling and lessons were perfection at this point. The idea of a rival agency gave the story mode great momentum. And the multiplayer/free auditions were a super fun feature.
Let's not forget the DLC commus Bless Iori, bless Kotori, bless sleepy time with idols

Zexxel

• Greenhorn
  • A pleasure to meet your acquaintance :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 08, 2015, 07:24:01 AM »

and also some of the MVs are really lazy (like Shalala. They're literally just swaying back and forth for the entirety of the song. ;_;)

This. ^ O_O And Next Life. I'm all for it on rhythm game videos and all, but I suppose walking down a flight of stairs with a serious cool air and posing is fine. >_<
Come. Let us traverse this path called life together...

OniZetto

• ちーちゃんは徹底してるな!
    • View Profile
    • My Facebook
« Reply #19 on: May 08, 2015, 12:28:02 PM »
...This game was YEARS before the 918 incident, though...? It was also only the second game, not counting arcadem@s... So it's not like they went from OFA/imas2 to SP or something. Calling it "cheap" or saying it's like an unfinished beta isn't really fair.

I think part of your problem with the game is that you're judging it based on OFA standards instead of 2008 idolmaster standards. SP is a relatively old game; the series is huge and almost a decade old now, but it was only a few years old when SP was announced. It was established but not nearly as huge a juggernaut as it is now.

I mean, if you don't like SP, you don't like it, but you should judge it on its own standards instead of 2015 standards.

if we're talking cuts in quality and an attempt to cash in, Shiny Festa kinda fits the bill... Nothing really new except the rhythm sections (which l4u had already done), done at the very tail end of the system's lifespan, and also some of the MVs are really lazy (like Shalala. They're literally just swaying back and forth for the entirety of the song. ;_;)

It's better than the Love Live Vita game, however. That literally looks like _I_ programmed it. But it was probably a complete cash grab so. (i still love the series tho)

Regarding DLC, SP had some awesome and cute outfits like Takane's Punkish Gothic and the wolf girl costume. But then you have... Like... That ugly plugsuit extend. I feel like they took quite a few gambles with the DLC and it paid off most of the time, but it also resulted in some really out-there stuff.

(I want them to go back to incorporating MASTER ARTIST songs as DLC ;_; Nemurihime and livE and Flower Girl, we hardly knew ye)

Was it that old? Well... I think there's no reason for me to say it is a bad game, then. I'll take my words back.

I have to admit that I judged SP by today's standard, since my first game was OFA, maybe my vision towards this series was wrong.

空は限界を全然持っていない、トップをめざし続けなさい!お願い!アイマス
Oni's iM@S Racing Project - Let's Aim for the Podium!!

Scotty

• 961Pro President
  • Global Moderator
  • Producer
  • Kuroi Shachou
    • View Profile
    • G+ iDOLM@STER Community
« Reply #20 on: May 10, 2015, 04:30:00 PM »
I have to admit that I judged SP by today's standard, since my first game was OFA, maybe my vision towards this series was wrong.

You're not completely wrong though. Back then, we were all bickering over the lack of lip syncing, something Project Diva nailed just a couple months later. If it weren't for that, I would honestly consider SP to be the absolute best in the entire series, and would kill for an HD remaster.

Okayu

• E4-G4-D3-B3
  • Global Moderator
  • Producer
  • 千早の可愛いさは正義!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 10, 2015, 05:24:38 PM »
...This game was YEARS before the 918 incident, though...? It was also only the second game, not counting arcadem@s... I think part of your problem with the game is that you're judging it based on OFA standards instead of 2008 idolmaster standards.
You're forgetting Live for You. And SP came out in 2009.

Also as Scotty said my only problem with SP is the lip syncing. Chihaya's open mouth at the end of Aoi Tori makes me laugh every time.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2015, 05:36:17 PM by Okayu »
Theater Days ID: RLA7LXH4

Okayu's Translation Thread: http://forum.project-imas.com/index.php/topic,2586.0.html

Chihaya fansite: http://utahimerakuen.waifu.pl/

animagic4u

• Producer
  • #seiyuusports
    • View Profile
    • Blog
« Reply #22 on: May 10, 2015, 05:41:04 PM »
an HD remaster.

Who do I have to kill to get this?

Saturos

• Producer
  • Ha!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 10, 2015, 05:46:57 PM »
Who do I have to kill to get this?

Everyone except Bamco of course.
MAKO MAKO RIIIIIIIIIN!!

Okayu

• E4-G4-D3-B3
  • Global Moderator
  • Producer
  • 千早の可愛いさは正義!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 10, 2015, 05:54:25 PM »
Speaking of HD remasters I wouldn't mind a 10th anniversary rerelease of one of the older games.
Theater Days ID: RLA7LXH4

Okayu's Translation Thread: http://forum.project-imas.com/index.php/topic,2586.0.html

Chihaya fansite: http://utahimerakuen.waifu.pl/

animagic4u

• Producer
  • #seiyuusports
    • View Profile
    • Blog
« Reply #25 on: May 10, 2015, 06:14:11 PM »
Speaking of HD remasters I wouldn't mind a 10th anniversary rerelease of one of the older games.

Just imagine being able to upload higher resolution images for your backgrounds in an updated SP ;___;

Maka

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 10, 2015, 08:36:40 PM »
You guys are killing me ;_; This is something I didn't know I needed until now. Thanks a lot. jk ilu all

Yeah, the lip synch is the only real dent in a game that's pretty solid visually for its time. When DS nailed lip flaps better than SP did then something went wrong. when holding a long note your lips don't go up and down like you're talking aaaaargh

EDIT: Dang, I forgot about l4u. Since it uses so many of the same graphics, designs, songs, and stuff I tend to lump it in with boxm@s lol
« Last Edit: May 10, 2015, 08:39:11 PM by Maka »

Accoun

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 13, 2015, 03:06:29 AM »

Reminded me of the mobile game. Looks and plays like an amateur flash game. For all the SF's unangaging two-button (!) gameplay and other shortcomings, it had at least SOME polish, which made it a bit more enjoyable in the end.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2015, 03:08:23 AM by Accoun »