Username: Password:

Author Topic: Leon Kamiizumi  (Read 3273 times)

Miki Fan

• Greenhorn
  • Forum member
    • View Profile
Leon Kamiizumi
« on: April 20, 2015, 08:00:45 AM »
Name: 玲音 (Reon)
Voice actor: 茅原実里 (Chihara Minori)
Height: ??cm
Weight: ??kg
Agency: 961pro
Birthday: ??
Blood type: B
Three sizes: 78-55-77
Hobbies: ??
Image color: ??
« Last Edit: April 25, 2015, 06:46:06 AM by Idolm@ster Fan »
Where

Naryoril

• Producer
    • View Profile
Re: Leon Kamiizumi
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2015, 08:34:48 AM »
Agency: 961pro

I don't remember the agency ever being mentioned in the game. But the way she acts and the story in general don't fit 961pro at all.

ChocoCats

• Producer
  • Yoshi♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2015, 12:36:46 PM »
I don't remember the agency ever being mentioned in the game. But the way she acts and the story in general don't fit 961pro at all.
According to the "THE iDOLM@STER ONE FOR ALL Special Drama CD "765PRO is Going! A Top Idol Job Inspection"", she's from 961. It's also where her last name came from though it's mentioned like two times.

DeviantProtagonist

• Producer
  • 本当にありがとう, あずみん.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2015, 05:14:45 PM »
So Kamiizumi is Leon's surname? Suddenly I feel more at ease knowing this.

Now for to her gain a casual outfit so as to not seem like a cosplaying weirdo all the time~. :U

Pretty sure the 961 thing was mentioned in OfA's promotional material, too.
Suddenly, bow-wow-wow~. :3

Maka

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2015, 05:26:48 PM »
I'm bummed because Leon has an awesome design and awesome seiyuu, but the way she's presented feels like they literally programmed her in 3 months before the release date.

"Uh... We need a rival, don't we... Goddammit, throw in this unused sketch, I guess? Do we want to give her a backstory... or surname... or something? Nahhhh. Don't even bother giving her a casual outfit, the players don't care if she walks around in her stage outfit all the time."

Leon's rad and deserves better. I hope future games/DLC have her role expanded on.

DeviantProtagonist

• Producer
  • 本当にありがとう, あずみん.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2015, 05:38:21 PM »
Couldn't be more spot-on, Maka. If we're to talk extremes for exposure, here's to producing Leon come PS4 iM@S. Pull a Project Fairy or something; she needs it. ;~;
« Last Edit: April 20, 2015, 05:51:21 PM by DeviantProtagonist »

Maka

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2015, 05:51:21 PM »
I don't know why they even threw her in. Maybe pressure from the higher-ups to include more conflict in the story ?? Idk, the entire thing is really weird.

I love her though. I hope no one mistakes this for me hating Leon herself lol

DeviantProtagonist

• Producer
  • 本当にありがとう, あずみん.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2015, 05:58:46 PM »
It does make for nice in-jokes, though. One might as well expect Leon to wear that stage outfit come her graduation and wedding; she's a textbook sitcom girl. :P
« Last Edit: April 20, 2015, 06:16:34 PM by DeviantProtagonist »

MetalPredat0r

• Producer
  • No Copyright Law in the Universe is gonna stop me!
    • View Profile
    • Follow me on Twitter if you want.
« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2015, 06:10:05 PM »
I just find it hilarious that judging from the EX Stories, Leon can lose at least 39 times.
Haikus are easy
But sometimes they don't make sense
Refrigerator

Yukibro

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 20, 2015, 06:13:33 PM »
I've gotten the sense that Leon is a concept they either want to do more with or had wanted to do more with. The details we get from that CD reveal some facts about her, but none of them are acknowledged in game. She's also the least persistent rival in a main iM@S game as far as I can see, and even her announcement came a week or two before OFA was released.

Meanwhile, her presence in the vanilla game amounts to late-game challenges that don't involve any interactions with the idols, and her real story potential is stuck in the DLC. I'm still kinda annoyed the final pack was just a song and costume for her, but I'll get over it

I guess it takes time to see what they do with her, but I have to wonder if she was meant for something before or just someone they'd like to push now. I feel like she'll be getting some CD down the road for Ultimate Eyes, probably in the MA3 set, so let's see if that actually turns into something more.

I just find it hilarious that judging from the EX Stories, Leon can lose at least 39 times.

I think you can face her for a rank-up once as each idol, and then you also get the challenge item that allows you to fight her again... also as each idol. I think you can fight her 26 times in the vanilla game alone.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2015, 06:15:30 PM by Yukibro »

Miki Fan

• Greenhorn
  • Forum member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 20, 2015, 08:03:12 PM »
She also appears more often during each of the idols DLC EX episodes in One For All.  Some of those conversations in the DLC EX episodes reveal a bit of her back story.
Where

animagic4u

• Producer
  • #seiyuusports
    • View Profile
    • Blog
« Reply #11 on: April 20, 2015, 08:09:03 PM »
Whatever the case is with Leon, she's got one of the best character designs I've seen in the rival characters for im@s. I'm sorry, Hibiki, Takane, Miki, and Jupiter!

Even if there's no more of her back story revealed, I think it's perfectly alright. For me it wasn't a major drawback because I was too engrossed in my own idols and their progress.

Who knows, maybe we'll get a cameo in a future im@s work.

Also, I heard there's a cosplayer on this very board who did a pretty great cosplay of her. Just saying :)

OniZetto

• ちーちゃんは徹底してるな!
    • View Profile
    • My Facebook
« Reply #12 on: April 20, 2015, 08:32:39 PM »
Being the main opponent in this game, I think she posed more like a friend than a rival if you played EX episodes.

Leon told Chihaya the way she expresses "Saihyou" was completely on the counter side, she even quote a story from Grimms Märchen so that Chihaya may realize what she was doing, and try put the right emotion into the song.

As you can see, "Saihyou" is a song dedicated Chihaya's deceased brother, so there's no wonder she'll express the song in a sorrowful way. Truth is, the song means to farewell those bad days, and bring the bright thoughts to Chihaya, so she may let go all those memories and retrieve the way she used to be 9 years ago.

So my opinion is, Leon is not a rival, she's more like a friend, a big sister to our girls, just in a different agency and will give you some challenge.

空は限界を全然持っていない、トップをめざし続けなさい!お願い!アイマス
Oni's iM@S Racing Project - Let's Aim for the Podium!!

Miki Fan

• Greenhorn
  • Forum member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 20, 2015, 08:41:03 PM »
I do agree she is pretty friendly with the idols.  In fact, even the other idols respect her.  For Example, Chihaya actually calls her "Sensei" towards the end of her DLC EX episode.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2015, 09:43:45 PM by Idolm@ster Fan »
Where

MetalPredat0r

• Producer
  • No Copyright Law in the Universe is gonna stop me!
    • View Profile
    • Follow me on Twitter if you want.
« Reply #14 on: April 20, 2015, 08:51:45 PM »
Being the main opponent in this game, I think she posed more like a friend than a rival if you played EX episodes.

Leon told Chihaya the way she expresses "Saihyou" was completely on the counter side, she even quote a story from Grimms Märchen so that Chihaya may realize what she was doing, and try put the right emotion into the song.

As you can see, "Saihyou" is a song dedicated Chihaya's deceased brother, so there's no wonder she'll express the song in a sorrowful way. Truth is, the song means to farewell those bad days, and bring the bright thoughts to Chihaya, so she may let go all those memories and retrieve the way she used to be 9 years ago.

So my opinion is, Leon is not a rival, she's more like a friend, a big sister to our girls, just in a different agency and will give you some challenge.

I do agree she is pretty friendly with the idols.  In fact, even the other idols respect her.  For Example, Chihaya actually calls her "Leon-Sensei" towards the end of her DLC EX episode.

It's certainly more of a friendly rivalry. Just because some people are rivals doesn't mean they cannot be friends. Rivalry is just a method of competing against one another, but competition doesn't always include malice.

Btw, while I do agree Leon is probably the nicest rival we've had in the whole series, I think I remember Takane and Miki (outside Azusa's route) weren't exactly that bad in SP. It was Hibiki who was the jerk of the trio.
Haikus are easy
But sometimes they don't make sense
Refrigerator