puppies-volcanic
Username: Password:

Author Topic: I made an account on the wiki.  (Read 1240 times)

MetalPredat0r

• Producer
  • No Copyright Law in the Universe is gonna stop me!
    • View Profile
    • Follow me on Twitter if you want.
I made an account on the wiki.
« on: April 17, 2015, 07:04:21 PM »
Hey guys, MetalPredat0r here. I just made an account on the wiki because I think I can help contribute a bit to making edits as soon as I can find suitable facts. I do have a few questions:

1. How do I create a profile page for my account? Do I have to be an admin on the wiki or something to do that?

2. Would changing the agency of the Million Live idols in the OFA Main Page to 765 Productions be considered a bad edit, because they're the only ones with a game logo used for their agency rather than an actual agency, and I think it should be a bit more consistent.

3. Is there any way for me to post links that prove the information that I have in hand so that I can prove my information isn't false?

I'd like answers to these as soon as possible. I hope to contribute something to the wiki as a whole.
Haikus are easy
But sometimes they don't make sense
Refrigerator

ChocoCats

• Producer
  • Yoshi♥
    • View Profile
Re: I made an account on the wiki.
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2015, 09:49:48 PM »
Welcome!

1. No, you don't have to be an admin to create a profile page. Here's the code if you like a profile like I and a few people have:

{|class="infobox" style="width:22em; background:#fff6d9; text-align:center; font-size:95%;" cellpadding="3" align="right"
! align="center" bgcolor="#ffc0c0" |  {{PAGENAME}}
|-
| align="center" | [[File:insert file here.png]]
|-
! align="center" bgcolor="#ffc0c0" | '''PROJECT iM@S Wiki Data'''
|-
|
{| width="100%" border="0" style="text-align:left;"
|-
| ''Name'': ||
|-
| ''Age'': ||
|-
| ''Birthday'': ||
|-
| ''Occupation'': ||
|-
| ''Blood type'': ||
|-
| ''Hobbies'': ||
|-
| ''Image color'': || <span style="background-color:#insert hex code here; border:1px solid #000000; text-align:center;">{{#if:{{{2|}}}|&nbsp;{{{2}}}&nbsp;|&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;}}</span>
|-
| ''Agency'': || WIKIM@S Production
|}
|-
|
{| class="collapsible collapsed wikitable" width="300px" style="text-align:left;" bgcolor="#ffc0c0"
|-
! colspan="2" bgcolor="#ffc0c0" | About Me
|-
| colspan="2" align=center |
|-
! colspan="2" bgcolor="#ffc0c0" | iM@S Favorites
|-
| ''765 Idol'': || [[text]]
|-
| ''876 Idol'': || [[text]]
|-
| ''Cinderella Girls'': || [[text]]
|-
| ''Million Live!'': || [[text]]
|-
| ''Side M'': || [[text]]
|-
| ''Stage'': || [[text]]
|-
| ''Costume'': || [[text]]
|-
| ''Song'': || [[text]]
|-
| ''Character Voice'': || ??
|-
| ''
|-
| ''P Name'': ||
|}
|}

Insert any text here. You can separate and organizing section using =test=. Adding more "="s will effect the text font.

You can ask Yunabeco more about it.

2. Don't change because they're not part of 765 when OFA took place.

3. text here<ref>Insert link here</ref> and <references/> on the "Reference" tab ( which is = References = in text). We don't use that often but you can do it. Try not to get stuff from 4chan as much as possible.

Behold! The Yarn Yoshi Army!

MetalPredat0r

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2015, 10:17:53 PM »
1. Alright, so just start a new page called User:MMetalPredat0r and implement the code?

2. Oh, really? I didn't know that.

3. If I find anything from 4Chan, I'll only put in things that are actually linked. The only other sources I have are the Drama CDs that I can find subbed from Yukipo.
Haikus are easy
Refrigerator

Yunabeco

• Webmaster
  • Administrator
  • Chihaya appreciator.
    • View Profile
    • Project-iM@S
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2015, 09:40:11 AM »
Hi MetalPredat0r,

The system required a account age of 3 days and at least 3 edits on existing pages before gaining the ability to create new pages, for spam prevention purposes. Unfortunately, this includes your own user page. :(

I've updated the wiki to allow the creation of new pages anyway; you should now be able to create a new page.

However, you will still have to enter a Captcha until these criteria are fulfilled.
Wiki - CGdex (by Tsadi) - CG card catalog - Available most of the time on IRC @ #idolmaster@irc.rizon.net

MetalPredat0r

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2015, 05:42:51 PM »
Hi MetalPredat0r,

The system required a account age of 3 days and at least 3 edits on existing pages before gaining the ability to create new pages, for spam prevention purposes. Unfortunately, this includes your own user page. :(

I've updated the wiki to allow the creation of new pages anyway; you should now be able to create a new page.

However, you will still have to enter a Captcha until these criteria are fulfilled.

Okay, thank you for responding. I'm going to edit the Appearances in Other Video Games page to add the info about the Taiko 15th Anniversary Crossover.

EDIT: I created my profile page as well as edited the Appearances in Other Video Games page's Taiko no Tatsujin section in order to keep it up to date with the Anniversary Crossover. Somebody please fact check as soon as possible to verify that the information I edited in is correct.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2015, 06:26:22 PM by MetalPredat0r »
Haikus are easy
Refrigerator