puppies-volcanic
Username: Password:

Author Topic: iM@S 10th Taiko 15th Crossover Campaign  (Read 4839 times)

Scotty

• 961Pro President
  • Global Moderator
  • Producer
  • Kuroi Shachou
    • View Profile
    • G+ iDOLM@STER Community
Re: iM@S 10th Taiko 15th Crossover Campaign
« Reply #15 on: July 18, 2015, 04:49:34 PM »
I bet sony will be happy to see imas fans buying up vitas and PS4s now. Speaking of which does the vita's battery drain even when not in use like the PSP's does? I found that pretty annoying and made me play it far less than the 3DS which only drains when you use it.

Yes. The stand by function of the Vita is more taxing on the battery than the 3DS's sleep function mainly due to all the background syncing it has to do with your friends, messages, trophies and the like. It doesn't last as long as the 3DS unfortunately.

Yukibro

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 18, 2015, 07:56:46 PM »
Yes. The stand by function of the Vita is more taxing on the battery than the 3DS's sleep function mainly due to all the background syncing it has to do with your friends, messages, trophies and the like. It doesn't last as long as the 3DS unfortunately.

I found the Vita's stand-by works incredibly well for conserving battery life, though I put it on flight mode unless I want to sync trophies, saves, or just download stuff. It probably doesn't match up with the 3DS in sleep mode, but even that goes down by a bar during a long day for me.

As for this game, I'll have to see how they plan on forcing us to buy two editions AND if they plan on DLC (haha). The one annoying thing about the Vita is managing regional accounts on one console, so I'd probably have to switch to my Japanese account for both games in the end.

Cael K.

• Producer
  • Dark Slayer Style!
    • View Profile
    • Memories of Melon Pan
« Reply #17 on: July 19, 2015, 02:03:25 AM »
I bet sony will be happy to see imas fans buying up vitas and PS4s now. Speaking of which does the vita's battery drain even when not in use like the PSP's does? I found that pretty annoying and made me play it far less than the 3DS which only drains when you use it.

I haven't played my Vita for a while, but I wasn't ever annoyed by battery drainage when my Vita was sleeping. If it happens, it shouldn't be that bad.

EDIT: Uhm... read the guys above me instead of me. My Vita's stayed in my room for a long time, and I don't have any friends on my Vita. I sound like an incredible loser saying that, but my friend list is pretty empty. ;_;
« Last Edit: July 19, 2015, 02:20:58 AM by Cael K. »
Cael's Im@s Ranking: Azusa, Yumeko, Tomomi, Haruka

How to get stuff from Japan without causing things to explode in a shower of sparks and misery: http://forum.project-imas.com/index.php/topic,1108.0.html

Memories of Melon Pan: http://d.hatena.ne.jp/caelk/
Translations: http://www.mediafire.com/?hzc4b0jy7pwll

Currently translating (text only):
S(mile)ING! (English version, singable) - http://d.hatena.ne.jp/caelk/20140911/1410422445
Neue Green, Volume 3 - Will start sometime. ^_^;;
Rockin' Girl, Volume 1 (Chapters 1-5) - http://www.mediafire.com/?z00ffkvg5ocg11e

Scotty

• 961Pro President
  • Global Moderator
  • Producer
  • Kuroi Shachou
    • View Profile
    • G+ iDOLM@STER Community
« Reply #18 on: July 19, 2015, 07:24:50 AM »
I haven't played my Vita for a while, but I wasn't ever annoyed by battery drainage when my Vita was sleeping. If it happens, it shouldn't be that bad.

EDIT: Uhm... read the guys above me instead of me. My Vita's stayed in my room for a long time, and I don't have any friends on my Vita. I sound like an incredible loser saying that, but my friend list is pretty empty. ;_;

Feel free to add me man, no sweat. ScottyT14

And yeah, while the drainage isn't THAT bad, I was just stating that it's worse than the 3DS's.

OniZetto

• ちーちゃんは徹底してるな!
    • View Profile
    • My Facebook
« Reply #19 on: July 22, 2015, 05:10:06 PM »

I own both PS Vita and PSP myself, and when I set my PSP to hibernate mode (turn it off without holding the power switch) it slowly drains its battery to 0%, which takes about three days or so. PS Vita, on the other hand, can last for more than a week (likely 12 days) without touching it. But while playing some really heavy games like NFS: Most Wanted or Uncharted: Golden Abyss, I don't think it'd last longer than PSP does.

Talking about the new iM@S game for Vita, hopefully it's not Japanese account only... it'd be a disaster if it is.

空は限界を全然持っていない、トップをめざし続けなさい!お願い!アイマス
Oni's iM@S Racing Project - Let's Aim for the Podium!!

Yukibro

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 25, 2015, 06:03:55 AM »
Talking about the new iM@S game for Vita, hopefully it's not Japanese account only... it'd be a disaster if it is.

That's a yes and a no. If you just want to play the games without any of the DLC that may come out for it, you can just buy physical copies of the game and play it on your Vita. That much hasn't changed. But if you want DLC or want the digital versions of the game, then you'll need to look into setting up a Japanese account on another memory card. It's not horrible since the most you lose when you switch cards are system settings (and the 10 or so minutes it takes to go through first-launch screens), but it's certainly more of a chore than the PS3 AND may annoy you with how much Vita memory cards cost.