puppies-volcanic
Username: Password:

Author Topic: project-imas.com Suggestion Box  (Read 4352 times)

Yunabeco

• Webmaster
  • Administrator
  • Chihaya appreciator.
    • View Profile
    • Project-iM@S
project-imas.com Suggestion Box
« on: March 19, 2015, 07:05:25 PM »
It's already been more than 7 years since project-imas.com was registered.
I'd like to take a moment to see where we are -- and how we can stand to make things better. So I'm opening a new suggestion box!

I'd appreciate if you could spend your $0.02 here to tell us the things you like, and the things we could fix, whether it's on the forum or wiki (actual wiki changes will go to the wiki board).

As an opening, I suppose I'll ask of you:
  • Do you think the forum and wiki look nice?
  • What do you think would be nice to have, in terms of features or design?
  • Do you use the wiki much? Do you think the forum should be more prevalent on it?
For instance, we used to have a banner with rotating pictures (there's a thread in the general chatter section with a couple of those). How would you feel about getting it back?

Feel free to share your own suggestions and react.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2015, 07:07:14 PM by Yunabeco »
Wiki - CGdex (by Tsadi) - CG card catalog - Available most of the time on IRC @ #idolmaster@irc.rizon.net

altuixde

• Producer
    • View Profile
Re: project-imas.com Suggestion Box
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2015, 04:09:39 AM »
Now I wish I had written down all the features I've wanted since registering. ::) Oh well, here are two that I can remember off the top of my head:

You know how on some pages of the wiki, a lot of information is hidden unless you click [show] buttons? Would it be possible to add a button on those pages that functions like a [show all] button? When clicking that one button, it would be as if you clicked all of the [show] buttons. I'd like this feature because the hidden information is not searchable with a web browser's Find command unless you click the [show] buttons.

Is there some way to make the forum recognize the embed codes provided by Pixiv for embedding images?

altuixde

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2015, 10:46:56 PM »
Here's a page where using a web browser's Find command automatically shows the relevant hidden information:

https://www.fastmail.com/help/

Maybe similar code could be used in the project-imas wiki? Also, I have another request: I'd like a way to get notifications for when posts in a thread have been modified. I haven't seen that feature on any forum, though.

Scotty

• 961Pro President
  • Global Moderator
  • Producer
  • Kuroi Shachou
    • View Profile
    • G+ iDOLM@STER Community
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2015, 08:56:27 AM »
The fact that I barely pay attention to this section of the forum is troublesome. I've been wanting some change, and to be THIS late for input is saddening.

So I'll start by suggesting a bigger news ticker, and I most definitely miss the look from before. This is simply too bland. Keep the SP logo if you wish, but some extra art would be neat. I'm also trying out using the forum through the Tapatalk app, but the look of it is...well.

It could be better.

DeviantProtagonist

• Producer
  • 本当にありがとう, あずみん.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2016, 05:50:53 PM »
I might as well try stave off the inactivity~.

This forum needs more mainstream avenues of discussion, like a "General Gaming" and "Media Entertainment" sub-forums for the Community section... Perhaps even a dedicated "Anime & Manga" one.

It's something to lend better leeway for talk. Given iM@S' slow upkeep, I feel it'll instill life in the long-term -- even by the time people gradually lose interest in Platinum Stars and what have you.

Really, just give the go and I'll produce threads based on gaming companies and multimedia topics. Existing threads can be moved accordingly.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2016, 09:43:33 PM by DeviantProtagonist »
Suddenly, bow-wow-wow~. :3

mariokirby

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2016, 03:57:56 AM »
Hypothetically, that sounds like a good idea.  But, in practice, I think the activity here wouldn't change much.

I could be wrong, but I assume people go to bigger gaming/anime forums or sites for their discussion needs since there's more people they can discuss with and share their tastes.

Of course, the advantage here is that people are usually nicer, so I feel more open to say what my tastes in games/anime are.

Rin

• Apprentice
  • 初めて会った日、覚えてますか?
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2016, 05:19:55 AM »
I could be wrong, but I assume people go to bigger gaming/anime forums or sites for their discussion needs since there's more people they can discuss with and share their tastes.

Of course, the advantage here is that people are usually nicer, so I feel more open to say what my tastes in games/anime are.
Yeah, you are right about that. I think part of it is that we're not completely anonymous here, we have names to go by so I think that's what keeps the conversations "clean" or respectful, so to speak, so if anyone disagrees with anyone they probably just don't say anything. Which I guess I'm okay with.

I think it could work, but there'd obviously have to be some way of spreading the knowledge of this site around. It does have a lot of general topics by now, so yeah, I'm sure it could happen.
What will I paint on the pure-white tomorrow that spreads to its limit?
What will I paint on the tomorrow dyed pitch-black by reality?
Through struggle, we shine.

Maka

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2016, 02:23:09 PM »
^ Well we had anon on for like 2 months and had to disable it because of some anon spamming topics with how the SJWs were ruining lolicon material in anime and hurling insults at anyone who thought he was a joke, so.

DeviantProtagonist

• Producer
  • 本当にありがとう, あずみん.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 15, 2016, 08:53:20 PM »
And then I recall that name of his.

Hypothetically, that sounds like a good idea.  But, in practice, I think the activity here wouldn't change much.

Time and again I see lurkers not often post anything, yet who could blame them? There's little to talk of here, especially when the userbase is divided as a result of Mobage titles. This is again compounded by these lulls iM@S has between major releases -- iM@S 2, OfA and now PS. At this rate I doubt we'll change for the merrier; it's always the same damn thing.

To at least make headway, we'd use more growth in-between. You're right to say people default to other, larger communities, so we'll have to provide an incentive to discuss their interests here -- hence the new sub-forums. Since our userbase is generally comfortable with one another, things would be more open; a bloom would come by, gradually speaking.

But then, this all depends if the staff have the same drive for change.
Suddenly, bow-wow-wow~. :3