puppies-volcanic
Username: Password:

Author Topic: Okayu's Drawing Thread  (Read 9938 times)

ChocoCats

• Producer
  • Yoshi♥
    • View Profile
Re: Okayu's Drawing Thread
« Reply #15 on: April 29, 2015, 09:10:34 PM »
Looks cute! Did you do that digitally? You're pretty good with digital stuff, if so.
Yes, it's digital. It's a template though I kinda wish that it was cleaned up a bit because I can still see white spots.

EDIT: Eh, come to think about it, that too harsh. =/ Still, the antimony needs a lot of work.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2015, 06:43:51 AM by ChocoCats »

Behold! The Yarn Yoshi Army!

animagic4u

• Producer
  • #seiyuusports
    • View Profile
    • Blog
« Reply #16 on: April 30, 2015, 06:22:09 AM »
It's digital, though it looks very sloppily made, that is. The bad MS paint job hurts my eyes, but since it's just a template, he can get away with it. At least he wasn't lazy with the hair.

As for the rest... they're not that great. They're amusing doodles, but they look awfully traced and the anatomy is very off on a lot of the pictures.
Then again, he can improve, as long he uses good references.

I, for one, think she has a charming style that can only grow with more practice. ^_^ I hope you will continue to draw, Okayu, because I enjoy seeing these doodles.
I found the Chihaya plush drawing actually quite good considering even though I'm a seamstress I can't draw concept sketches for shit.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2015, 06:24:08 AM by animagic4u »

DeviantProtagonist

• Producer
  • 本当にありがとう, あずみん.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 30, 2015, 06:28:26 AM »
As for the rest... they're not that great. They're amusing doodles, but they look awfully traced and the anatomy is very off on a lot of the pictures.

Harsh much? There's no evidence that they're indeed traced and for doodles the anatomy is well adequate. The Chihaya plush is also a design template, so please spare comments like "this hurts my eyes" or "at least he wasn't lazy". It's uncalled for even in the realm of criticism.
Suddenly, bow-wow-wow~. :3

Okayu

• E4-G4-D3-B3
  • Global Moderator
  • Producer
  • 千早の可愛いさは正義!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 30, 2015, 02:38:53 PM »
I appreciate the feedback. My old drawings aren't traced.

The Chihaya plush design was done digitally in MS paint using the line tools. That's because otherwise the lines would come out squiggly since I don't have a tablet. While this is just a concept design I didn't use a template. I looked at the other plush the person I want to commission did and based it off that.

I know I have a long way to go. I mostly posted it as I thought some people would be interested in seeing it.

ChocoCats

• Producer
  • Yoshi♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 30, 2015, 02:44:38 PM »

The Chihaya plush design was done digitally in MS paint using the line tools. That's because otherwise the lines would come out squiggly since I don't have a tablet. While this is just a concept design I didn't use a template. I looked at the other plush the person I want to commission did and based it off that.

I know I have a long way to go. I mostly posted it as I thought some people would be interested in seeing it.

You're welcome. It's nice to see your thoughts and explanations behind your works and you achieved your goal to get people interest on your work. It's not the best, but the effort put into them is there. I can definitely see it.

Behold! The Yarn Yoshi Army!

Takechan

• Apprentice
  • I only have slight brain problems.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 30, 2015, 04:04:28 PM »

For the concept being done entirely in paint, I have to say it impressed me regardless of what anyone else might think. Plus I know you put a lot of time into it and it looks super cute to me. You should post the Haruka one you were doing for me once you finish it.

But, probably would involve very minimal stuffing.

Lol. Well played.

Amami Haruka desu!
I love HaruChiha way too much.
Steam: amamiharuka765
Twitter: TakeP765

liza94

• Producer
  • Fan of Chihaya (Asami Imai & Kaori Shimizu)
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 30, 2015, 04:24:36 PM »
Design for a custom Chihaya plush.

She is so cute! ^-^ Draw Chihaya-Master like this!

Amazing_Grace

• Producer
  • I am the Overlord.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 30, 2015, 05:23:31 PM »

Considering it was done entirely in MS Paint without using a template, I'm very impressed. I can't use MS Paint like that to save my life.
Well, OK, I was decently pleased with my Enra.
But still.

Let's be honest here: I think all of us can admit we can always be improving, at least a little bit, at art--myself COMPLETELY and TOTALLY included. A lot of times I get sloppy with anatomy, and I really need to work on that.
Not to mention faces are really hard. Let's get real guys, faces are HARD. XD

I think your faces are some of the best I've ever seen considering you don't trace. You and Arturo draw some of my favorite facial expressions, if I am to be totally honest. So keep it up, and we can all continue to improve bit by bit together. :D ARTISTS UNITE.

ONWARDS, AOSHIMA!!!

Yui

• Producer
  • Presenting Pisces Yui!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 02, 2015, 12:41:41 PM »
Ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhh... nice trace and work. o/

Okayu

• E4-G4-D3-B3
  • Global Moderator
  • Producer
  • 千早の可愛いさは正義!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 08, 2015, 01:36:57 PM »
« Last Edit: May 09, 2015, 01:45:45 AM by Okayu »

liza94

• Producer
  • Fan of Chihaya (Asami Imai & Kaori Shimizu)
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 08, 2015, 01:54:13 PM »

animagic4u

• Producer
  • #seiyuusports
    • View Profile
    • Blog
« Reply #26 on: May 08, 2015, 07:23:40 PM »

Okayu

• E4-G4-D3-B3