Username: Password:

Author Topic: The General Random Thoughts and Conversation Thread.  (Read 51970 times)

DeviantProtagonist

• Producer
  • 本当にありがとう, あずみん.
    • View Profile
Re: The General Random Thoughts and Conversation Thread.
« Reply #15 on: March 14, 2015, 07:39:53 PM »
Instant ramen's a nice commodity whilst you're on lunch break, but I personally think the broth's the best part -- as a dessert of sorts -- because you can wash the ramen down nicely afterwards. As far as brands go, steer very clear of Kimchi ramen if you're intending to microwave it; I learned that the hard way when my bowl suddenly erupted in flames. Holy hell at that initial shine.

Moreover to foodstuffs, what are your favourite brands of potato chips? Pringles are definitely king in my eyes. There's just something about resting one on your tongue to crunch on that makes it ever so appetizing, whether or not you're actually hungry.

Then there's the duckface thing you could get going for shits and giggles. :P
« Last Edit: March 14, 2015, 07:45:39 PM by DeviantProtagonist »
Suddenly, bow-wow-wow~. :3

MetalPredat0r

• Producer
  • No Copyright Law in the Universe is gonna stop me!
    • View Profile
    • Follow me on Twitter if you want.
« Reply #16 on: March 14, 2015, 08:28:30 PM »
I've always been a Lay's or Ruffles kinda guy. I have a weird fasicnation with wavy potato chips in general.
Haikus are easy
But sometimes they don't make sense
Refrigerator

Cael K.

• Producer
  • Dark Slayer Style!
    • View Profile
    • Memories of Melon Pan
« Reply #17 on: March 14, 2015, 10:30:18 PM »
Doritos in any cheese flavor go with anything. Even ramen.
Cael's Im@s Ranking: Azusa, Yumeko, Tomomi, Haruka

How to get stuff from Japan without causing things to explode in a shower of sparks and misery: http://forum.project-imas.com/index.php/topic,1108.0.html

Memories of Melon Pan: http://d.hatena.ne.jp/caelk/
Translations: http://www.mediafire.com/?hzc4b0jy7pwll

Currently translating (text only):
S(mile)ING! (English version, singable) - http://d.hatena.ne.jp/caelk/20140911/1410422445
Neue Green, Volume 3 - Will start sometime. ^_^;;
Rockin' Girl, Volume 1 (Chapters 1-5) - http://www.mediafire.com/?z00ffkvg5ocg11e

Naryoril

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 14, 2015, 11:27:18 PM »
Don't know if you're into maid cafes, but there'll be an Im@s Cinderella Girls cafe there. You might be able to pick up some swag too.

http://www.curemaid.jp/?page_id=7986

There's also the Im@s official shops. There's one in Nakano Broadway, Nagoya, Osaka, and Fukuoka.

http://imasnews765.com/?p=12607

EDIT: Oh hey, looks like Characro's doing a Happy Birthday thing for Haruka too. I don't think that's a maid cafe, just a regular themed cafe like Good Smile. You might need reservations, though.

http://www.namco.co.jp/characro/idolmaster/news/008644.html
... Come to think of it, where'll you be? If you can take pictures of hanami, please share!

I don't know exactly where i'll be. First a week or so in Kyuushu and then a week or so in Kansai (probably 2 or 3 days of that in Kyoto). So the im@s shop in Fukuoka might be possible, i just need to convince the friend i'm going with to go there :p thanks for the hint ;)

Ivan The Mouse

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 15, 2015, 05:01:00 AM »
Moreover to foodstuffs, what are your favourite brands of potato chips? Pringles are definitely king in my eyes. There's just something about resting one on your tongue to crunch on that makes it ever so appetizing, whether or not you're actually hungry.

Yep, definitely Pringles, especially the sour cream flavor.

Okayu

• E4-G4-D3-B3
  • Global Moderator
  • Producer
  • 千早の可愛いさは正義!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 15, 2015, 04:32:16 PM »
Yep, definitely Pringles, especially the sour cream flavor.
I like pizza flavor.

DeviantProtagonist

• Producer
  • 本当にありがとう, あずみん.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 15, 2015, 10:11:07 PM »
I was surprised they even had a pizza flavor at all -- seemed really garish the instant I saw the label, but for my curiosity the taste actually works.

Having said that, my conventional choice is cheddar cheese. :3
« Last Edit: March 15, 2015, 10:53:41 PM by DeviantProtagonist »
Suddenly, bow-wow-wow~. :3

Ivan The Mouse

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 16, 2015, 07:05:47 AM »
Cheese is fine too; no wonder the stereotype for snacks are cheese-flavored.

Amazing_Grace

• Producer
  • I am the Overlord.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 16, 2015, 02:58:42 PM »
Instant ramen's a nice commodity whilst you're on lunch break, but I personally think the broth's the best part -- as a dessert of sorts -- because you can wash the ramen down nicely afterwards. As far as brands go, steer very clear of Kimchi ramen if you're intending to microwave it; I learned that the hard way when my bowl suddenly erupted in flames. Holy hell at that initial shine.

Then there's the duckface thing you could get going for shits and giggles. :P

I'll definitely keep that in mind, thanks. :U

As far as potato chips, I guess I've always been partial to Doritos. If my mom would let me buy Pringles more often, they would easily be a favorite. Sadly, I'm the daughter of a health nut, so if anything is even remotely unhealthy, we don't get to eat it. Even Doritos we only get in small travel-sized packets and we're only allowed to eat them when we leave the house as a snack.

On a totally unrelated note (but that's why this thread exists, isn't it?) do you guys think forums count as social media?
My sister was talking to me yesterday and I mentioned that I'm not on any social media sites (no Facebook, no Tumblr, no Twitter, no Instagram...). I added that all I'm on are a few forums, and then I have my email and Skype. She argued that forums ARE social media.

I say nay. Forums are created specifically as a way for fans of the same franchise/series/genre to get together and express their love for said franchise/series/genre, pick up on important news (like where concerts will be held and merchandise and such), and share fanfictioins or fan projects or role play or whatever. Each one is different, but I don't think they constitute social media since you aren't going there to make friends/keep in touch with friends. You're there to share thoughts on a thing with other like-minded people. And if you make some friends along the way, as I have and I'm sure many of you have, that's an added bonus.

What do you guys think?

And before I go...

I recently bought this double ocarina: http://www.steinocarina.com/productsDetail.php?id=299

And to add to this convoluted set of thoughts, i recently found out that there is a second official book with im@s sheet music apart from the ages old M@sterbook. The new one from last year has many of the "newer" songs like Ready, Change, Yakusoku or arcadia, but unfortunately for me they are piano arrangements.

That is awesome.

And now I need to buy this because iM@S has so many great songs I want to play on the piano.

ONWARDS, AOSHIMA!!!

Okayu

• E4-G4-D3-B3
  • Global Moderator
  • Producer
  • 千早の可愛いさは正義!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 16, 2015, 03:42:33 PM »
On a totally unrelated note (but that's why this thread exists, isn't it?) do you guys think forums count as social media?
My sister was talking to me yesterday and I mentioned that I'm not on any social media sites (no Facebook, no Tumblr, no Twitter, no Instagram...). I added that all I'm on are a few forums, and then I have my email and Skype. She argued that forums ARE social media.

I say nay. Forums are created specifically as a way for fans of the same franchise/series/genre to get together and express their love for said franchise/series/genre, pick up on important news (like where concerts will be held and merchandise and such), and share fanfictioins or fan projects or role play or whatever. Each one is different, but I don't think they constitute social media since you aren't going there to make friends/keep in touch with friends. You're there to share thoughts on a thing with other like-minded people. And if you make some friends along the way, as I have and I'm sure many of you have, that's an added bonus.

What do you guys think?
I think it depends on what you mean by social media. To some interacting with others in any way would count as being social. There's also forums keeping accounts and posting history, although you could argue that's for convenience for reading a conversation. I've seen some try to argue that anonymous image boards are also social media because you're discussing with others so who knows.

To me personally I consider social media to be sites where talking to people about conversations and making friends is the main focus, people are above everything. While with forums and image boards the discussion is held highest, be it a goofy or serious one. It's possible to make friends on it due to having similar interests, but that's not the main purpose of the site. I think there's some issues with social media: obsession with getting notifications or checking feeds, feeds causing you to feel worse about yourself because people mostly post positive things about their lives or are trying to impress everyone by filtering it, becoming more self centered as you do the same in return, etc. I find it to be a pretty negative environment and I'm not very interested in that so I tend to contact others through chat programs instead.

I prefer posting about series like iM@S on fan sites and forums. I also don't use sites like facebook or instagram. I got a twitter more recently to retweet Chihaya tweets as there's been more and more artists posting twitter exclusive content (like Chi-tan, such a cute artist, as expected of a Kirby fan https://twitter.com/nakayosisabure ).

I personally prefer pixiv as it's much easier to find tagged content there, but you go where things are if they won't come to you. As for tumblr I got the idea as I would save shrine images to begin with, but wanted a more permanent place to gather them, and the site that came to mind for such a thing was that one. I don't really use those for the social element, although there are a lot of Japanese Producers on twitter.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2015, 04:08:12 PM by Okayu »

Naryoril

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 16, 2015, 03:49:02 PM »
That is awesome.

And now I need to buy this because iM@S has so many great songs I want to play on the piano.

I bought it here: http://www.wasabisheetmusic.com/product/1160

Amazing_Grace

• Producer
  • I am the Overlord.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 16, 2015, 07:47:01 PM »
I think it depends on what you mean by social media. To some interacting with others in any way would count as being social. There's also forums keeping accounts and posting history, although you could argue that's for convenience for reading a conversation. I've seen some try to argue that anonymous image boards are also social media because you're discussing with others so who knows.

To me personally I consider social media to be sites where talking to people about conversations and making friends is the main focus, people are above everything. While with forums and image boards the discussion is held highest, be it a goofy or serious one. It's possible to make friends on it due to having similar interests, but that's not the main purpose of the site. I think there's some issues with social media: obsession with getting notifications or checking feeds, feeds causing you to feel worse about yourself because people mostly post positive things about their lives or are trying to impress everyone by filtering it, becoming more self centered as you do the same in return, etc. I find it to be a pretty negative environment and I'm not very interested in that so I tend to contact others through chat programs instead.

I prefer posting about series like iM@S on fan sites and forums. I also don't use sites like facebook or instagram. I got a twitter more recently to retweet Chihaya tweets as there's been more and more artists posting twitter exclusive content (like Chi-tan, such a cute artist, as expected of a Kirby fan https://twitter.com/nakayosisabure ).

That's a good point. I guess it does depend on the definition of social media.
My definition is like yours--if you use it purely for the sake of connecting with friends, it's social media.

I bought it here: http://www.wasabisheetmusic.com/product/1160

Awesome, thanks! Next step is to get money.

ONWARDS, AOSHIMA!!!

Naryoril

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 16, 2015, 08:40:56 PM »
Awesome, thanks! Next step is to get money.

You might get it cheaper elsewhere, it's probably easiest to search for the ISBN:
978-4-7732-3796-2
search with and without the dashes

Virgofall

• *curtsy*
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 17, 2015, 12:28:31 AM »
My definition of social media is basically the same as you've all said (that the point is to connect with other people, etc.). I have a few accounts that I maintain out of boredom, promo-related endeavors and/or for college-related purposes, but I'm pretty "eh" towards most. (FB, Tumblr, LinkedIn and Google+ in a very blue moon, that's all I really use). I don't like the culture of those sites, either. I use FB most from the listed because it's easiest for me to get a hold of my program's primary class professor that way (I word that how I do, because he's who teaches most of my major's degree-related courses, and is also my advisor).

I'm definitely a Pringles lover (Pizza), though sometimes I'll go for kettle-baked chips, baked Lay's or the stacked Lay's. I'll occasionally eat "normal" Lays/Ruffles/etc. but typically find them too greasy for my liking; kettle chips get a pass because they're crunchy enough for my liking (I like crunchy) and have a different flavor about them the other varieties don't provide.

Amazing_Grace

• Producer
  • I am the Overlord.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 17, 2015, 03:28:15 PM »
You might get it cheaper elsewhere, it's probably easiest to search for the ISBN:
978-4-7732-3796-2
search with and without the dashes

I'll take a look. :3 Thanks~

[...]; kettle chips get a pass because they're crunchy enough for my liking (I like crunchy) and have a different flavor about them the other varieties don't provide.

Mm. Kettle chips. I forgot about those. They're definitely tasty.

ONWARDS, AOSHIMA!!!