puppies-volcanic
Username: Password:

Author Topic: Yakusoku on ocarina and piano  (Read 657 times)

Naryoril

• Producer
    • View Profile
Yakusoku on ocarina and piano
« on: January 09, 2015, 10:04:27 AM »
Well, it isn't exactly community work, but i didn't know where to put it otherwise and it means a lot to me.

On the background: After coming across the YouTube channel of David Ramos (aka Docjazz4) with him playing the ocarina and also teaching how to play it and all other things around it, i started playing it too. Anyway, about one and a half years ago David started a kickstarter campaign to release his first ocarina album. I pledged a few dollars, but a few hours before the deadline, he was missing about 1000$. The 500$ tier included a YouTube cover of a song of my choosing. I increased my pledge to that level, the album was funded (in the end he had about 1000 or 2000 more than needed) and i chose Yakusoku as a song.

Because of this album and some personal stuff (i think he moved about 2 or 3 times since then) he didn't get the time to make the cover, he hardly made any new videos at all since then. But since this week he's back in full blast, posting one video on Tuesday about how to play the ocarina, music theory or the ocarina in general, and one video on Thursday with a new song. And the first one he posted was Yakusoku, with ishter-kun providing the piano track:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rvwTgWcaVNg

I have to admit i didn't play much in the past 2 or 3 years, mostly because my japanese studies took up so much time, but now i'm at a point where i can cut that back a bit and it want to pick up the ocarina again. I hope he can send me the sheet music for Yakusoku, it would be a fitting song to start again.

animagic4u

• Producer
  • #seiyuusports
    • View Profile
    • Blog
Re: Yakusoku on ocarina and piano
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2015, 11:27:08 PM »
I love this dude so much. Awesome getting him to play this!!