Username: Password:

Author Topic: The Pokemon Thread.  (Read 11232 times)

ChocoCats

• Producer
  • Yoshi♥
    • View Profile
Re: The Pokemon Thread.
« Reply #30 on: April 26, 2015, 06:11:50 AM »
Ah, good old buddy Gengar. One of my faves =V

Not surprised to see it since it was playable in the fanmade fighting game and the fact that it's very popular. Though I hope that the roster isn't filled with Gen 1 Pokemon.

Trailer here. Quite spooky and adorable.

And finished the stream. Dat Suicune player wrecking over pokes. Ikeman's crying over his Machamp and his encore was pretty funny. Too bad the rest isn't that interesting.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2015, 06:36:50 AM by ChocoCats »

Behold! The Yarn Yoshi Army!

DeviantProtagonist

• Producer
  • 本当にありがとう, あずみん.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 26, 2015, 09:14:40 PM »
Relevant. :P

Gengar's a reasonable choice, what with Pokken needing a bipedal representation of Ghost types. It also helps he's among the most recognized.

Now conversely speaking, bring on more first gens because nostalgia. :3
« Last Edit: April 26, 2015, 09:20:07 PM by DeviantProtagonist »
Suddenly, bow-wow-wow~. :3

ChocoCats

• Producer
  • Yoshi♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 27, 2015, 06:05:17 AM »
So, I created a Pokémon Kahoot! for everyone to use and enjoy. It's a 20-question quiz each featuring an Unova Pokémon and they do get harder as you go farther. If you're playing solo, just open the game and put the code on a different tab. As for the rest, well good luck. It's a one-time experience just like any quiz games so do your best. I think 30 seconds is plenty enough. Don't cheat though.

Part 1. The 1st part is a basic knowledge quiz so it's pretty lenient with its questions (doesn't stop me from putting tricky ones in so read carefully).

The next part is a Geography themed quiz (settlements and landmarks) featuring Eelektross.

EDIT: Sorry for closing the topic on the Community works, but I moved back here because I feel that the comments there didn't really help.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2015, 01:15:56 AM by ChocoCats »

ChocoCats

• Producer
  • Yoshi♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 28, 2015, 01:24:15 PM »
Here's Gengar's Trailer in higher quality

The 2nd Pokémon Kahoot! is still in process. Also, Mewtwo's out for Smash DLC so download it whenever you can.

ChocoCats

• Producer
  • Yoshi♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 02, 2015, 02:58:16 AM »
2nd Part is out. Enjoy.

Some VGC stuff...
Players at the German National Championships, running on the 16th & 17th of May 2015, can download a special Pachirisu based on the 2014 World Champion, Sejun Park's Pachirisu, which he used to help claim victory in the World Championships last year. Check out Sejun's report on Nugget Bridge.

Why is this thread empty?

Yui

• Producer
  • Presenting Pisces Yui!
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 16, 2015, 04:07:53 PM »
Wow... Pokkén looks kind of interesting.
BTW, I've been playing rating battle (double and triple battle). People really love using Landorus. xD

2nd Part is out. Enjoy.

Some VGC stuff...
Players at the German National Championships, running on the 16th & 17th of May 2015, can download a special Pachirisu based on the 2014 World Champion, Sejun Park's Pachirisu, which he used to help claim victory in the World Championships last year. Check out Sejun's report on Nugget Bridge.

Why is this thread empty?

Ehhhhhhhhhhhhh... an interesting team. I didn't thought about using Mega Gyarados like that.

ChocoCats

• Producer
  • Yoshi♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 21, 2015, 07:08:19 AM »
Wow... Pokkén looks kind of interesting.
BTW, I've been playing rating battle (double and triple battle). People really love using Landorus. xD

Pokkén Tournament is coming out this summer in Japan. Looking really forward to it.
People love using Landorus (especially in Therian Forme) because of Intimidate and high attack lol. To make up its lowered speed, people typically equipped it with Choice Scarf. Speaking of Rating battles, how do you fared with other common mons like Mega Kangaskhan, Mega Salamence, Amoonguss, Bisharp, etc?

Also, this vine is brilliant in an amazing way.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2015, 07:26:41 AM by ChocoCats »

Yui

• Producer
  • Presenting Pisces Yui!
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 21, 2015, 09:00:03 AM »
Pokkén Tournament is coming out this summer in Japan. Looking really forward to it.
People love using Landorus (especially in Therian Forme) because of Intimidate and high attack lol. To make up its lowered speed, people typically equipped it with Choice Scarf. Speaking of Rating battles, how do you fared with other common mons like Mega Kangaskhan, Mega Salamence, Amoonguss, Bisharp, etc?

Also, this vine is brilliant in an amazing way.

I see. I'm kinda like fighting games, so I think I can expect a good thing. xD

About the rating battles, the maximum of points I could get was just 16XX, so I'm not much to trust strategically. I was using a team composed of: Latias, Loppuny, Rhyperior, Clefable, Mienshao and Arcanine (although I'm still deciding between Rhyperior or explosion Metagross). Against Landorus or Salamence, I just use Ice Beam with Latias. Against Kangaskhan or Bisharp, direct attack with Mienshao. Against Amoongus, I didn't have a definitive plan since just a psychic with Latias or Metagross zen headbutt can't take that down by OHKO. Though in case of some problems, I use a "trickster Clefable" (minimize + Follow me) to make my other attack. But the one I usually have more problem is Aegislash, since it have high attack and resistance (and one of the reasons to put Loppuny in my team). Oh, and there's "hyper voicer" Sylveon too. I case of that, Mienshao can defend with Wide Guard or take down with Poison Jab (if it have at least some damage though).
But anyway, people really play well.

... Oh, that pic... xD

Nayre

• Haisai!
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 30, 2015, 02:52:27 AM »
Gonna help kickstart this thread.

Here's an old scyther in-joke

And which Pokemon do you think each idol most represent?

My list(my Pokemon knowledge is limited to mostly the 1st 3 gen, so there might be better ones out there):
Couldn't decide for a few of them so I just put them both down.

Haruka - Chansey/Wigglytuff
Chihaya- Lucario/Altaria
Miki - Bayleef
Yukiho - Ralts
Makoto - Golduck
Iori - Teddiursa/Jigglypuff
Yayoi - Meowth
Ami/Mami - Minun/Plusle
Azusa - Milotic/Jynx
Ritsuko - Metagross
Hibiki - Buizel
Takane - Lunatone

Feel free to add more girls from the other agencies as well.

Heheh.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2015, 06:00:11 AM by Nayre »

Yui

• Producer
  • Presenting Pisces Yui!
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 01, 2015, 03:43:22 AM »
Well, Eeveeolution team created in ORAS. I kinda liked using Flareon, but I still need to think more strategies.

Gonna help kickstart this thread.

Here's an old scyther in-joke

And which Pokemon do you think each idol most represent?

My list(my Pokemon knowledge is limited to mostly the 1st 3 gen, so there might be better ones out there):
Couldn't decide for a few of them so I just put them both down.

Haruka - Chansey/Wigglytuff
Chihaya- Lucario/Altaria
Miki - Bayleef
Yukiho - Ralts
Makoto - Golduck
Iori - Teddiursa/Jigglypuff
Yayoi - Meowth
Ami/Mami - Minun/Plusle
Azusa - Milotic/Jynx
Ritsuko - Metagross
Hibiki - Buizel
Takane - Lunatone

Hahaha...

As for the iM@S based Pokémon...
Haruka - Latias, Electrode, Scizor (or some other red Pokémon)
Chihaya - Latios (or some other blue Pokémon)
Miki - Snorlax, Slaking or Galvantula
Hibiki - Pikachu
Takane - Clefable, Lunatone, Cresselia or some lunatic (not Loppuny though).

ChocoCats

• Producer
  • Yoshi♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 01, 2015, 10:20:09 PM »
A new livestream for Pokkén Tournament has been announced. Following the play tests at the Pokémon Centers across Japan the past month, this livestream is due to run on Friday July 3rd at 12:00 BST, 13:00 CEST, 20:00 JST, 07:00 EDT and 04:00 PDT on NicoNico and will reveal the release date of the game as well as new information & Pokémon. It will also feature a tournament of their guests playing with Gengar and the newly announced playable Pokémon. We'll bring full details as it airs. - Serebii

Sounds exciting. Wonder what will be the new playable character?

DeviantProtagonist

• Producer
  • 本当にありがとう, あずみん.
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 01, 2015, 10:27:08 PM »
Totally wanting Jynx just to see the colossal upset and then some.
Suddenly, bow-wow-wow~. :3

Nayre

• Haisai!
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 02, 2015, 01:13:19 AM »
As for the iM@S based Pokémon...
Haruka - Latias, Electrode, Scizor (or some other red Pokémon)
Chihaya - Latios (or some other blue Pokémon)
Miki - Snorlax, Slaking or Galvantula
Hibiki - Pikachu
Takane - Clefable, Lunatone, Cresselia or some lunatic (not Loppuny though).

Ooh, Pikachu is nice choice for Hibiki!(Why didn't I think of that?!  Spent ages racking my brain before just settling on Buizel lol)  Would also suit Haruka as well since both are iconic to the series.  Hmmm, I'd originally thought Latios/Latias for Ami/Mami instead, but I could see it working for Haruka too!(Only if Chihaya is Latios also though  8))  Also forgot about Clefable. XD

Totally wanting Jynx just to see the colossal upset and then some.

Haha!  I think she'd be pretty fun.  They'd prolly give her all these cheap stuns and status effects with lovely kiss, lick, blizzard and whatnot so you can proceed to slap the hell outta all 'em. XD

Kinda hoping they don't bring in Jiggly(just cause Pikachu is in or just to add another small-fry in there).
« Last Edit: July 02, 2015, 01:39:20 AM by Nayre »

Yui

• Producer
  • Presenting Pisces Yui!
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 04, 2015, 02:10:34 AM »
Hmm... Charizard and Weavile confirmed for Pokkén. Nice.