puppies-volcanic
Username: Password:

Author Topic: I Hate Other iM@S derived works  (Read 14303 times)

nonowa

• Greenhorn
    • View Profile
Re: I Hate Other iM@S Games
« Reply #60 on: October 17, 2014, 06:20:15 PM »
Also music wise I don't like ML very much. CG seems likes the genres are all over the place as it changes per character, but with ML the music and lyrics just feel bland to me. What I mean is that to me it seems like they threw some composing in there and didn't really care if it was memorable or not. Also who thought making a tone deaf character who sings was a good idea? This is as bad as early Haruka and Yayoi but they weren't doing it on purpose and have improved.

I'm in agreeishment; most of the ML songs are pretty bland. I don't think they try very hard to do something memorable when they're just "traditional idol songs"... but there are a few of them that are actually pretty good (because they are different from the bunch):

http://idolmaster-music.tumblr.com/post/85047722671/song-dear-artist-konomi-baba-cv-minami
http://idolmaster-music.tumblr.com/post/98685006043/song-praline-artist-julia-cv-aimi-terakawa
http://idolmaster-music.tumblr.com/post/98671586241/song-carnival-japanesque-artist-matsuri
http://idolmaster-music.tumblr.com/post/93639767693/song-in-the-name-of-love-artist-mizuki

AkuAkane

• View Profile
« Reply #61 on: October 17, 2014, 11:17:05 PM »
I don't have a really in depth opinion on this and I certainly don't hate Cinderella Girls or Million Live. I have more fun with Million Live than I have with Cinderella Girls, but I'm not super into either of them simply because most mobile games get boring for me after a few weeks at the most. I love that both games are introducing a bunch of new idols, some of which I like a lot, but I can agree with what people say about most of the Cinderella Girls' idols being really shallow and boring when it comes to their personalities. After seeing how the Million Live girls were represented in the movie; as in only Shiho and Kana really got any development or really even had their personalities shown it makes me a bit afraid of how the Cinderella Girls anime is going to turn out, especially when that will have like 30 girls at the least.... Either way, I don't hate the mobile games, but I'm not crazy about them either.
Top 5 Original 765PRO Girls=Makoto, Azusa, Takane, Iori, Hibiki
Top 5 Cinderella Girls=Takumi, Rina, Natsuki, Tomoe, Akane
Top 5 Million Live Girls=Matsuri, Noriko, Roco, Julia, Chizuru
Top 5 SideM Guys=Suzaku, Michiru, Kyoji, Ryu, Michio

Scotty

• 961Pro President
  • Global Moderator
  • Producer
  • Kuroi Shachou
    • View Profile
    • G+ iDOLM@STER Community
Re: I Hate Other iM@S derived works
« Reply #62 on: August 18, 2015, 04:08:19 AM »
Moved to this board. Would like 'Other iM@S Games' board to contain topics just about games, and this conversation easily spans many different ideas not just game related.

nastynate

• Greenhorn
  • Forum member
    • View Profile
    • idolnotes.net
« Reply #63 on: August 26, 2015, 01:29:23 AM »
I don't have a certain exception or standard for anything imas related. Just for something fun.

That said, man, I cannot get into SideM lol! I guess it's aim towards a specific demographic, and I don't intend to get into eve-ry-thing imas related, but I wanted to give it a chance. The music is just BLEGH! I doubt it'll grow on my like CG or even ML.

Maybe if they'll release the BDs of the live concerts I'll gain a better appreciation for them.

Vas

• Apprentice
  • Generic forum member
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: August 26, 2015, 04:36:31 AM »
I'll admit, the music isn't my particular favorite either, nor the fact that it's a mobile game that's...Well, a mobile game. But I still enjoy the series as it is a concept not yet done in the series before (Ryou and iM@S 2 Jupiter aside) and I do hope it does become more successful overtime, although, sadly, I don't think it'll be as popular as CG or ML. The concerts, however, are something I would like to see. Seeing the voice actors perform on stage and IRL is what I love most about the series.
Not removing this sig until Kachou Fuugetsu becomes more than a 5-page side story.

Asuka Ninomiya

• Greenhorn
  • Hello~ A big Idolm@ster and Asuka's fan here
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: March 10, 2016, 06:53:32 PM »
 Maybe if characters like Rin Shibuya or Shiho Kitazawa were in a console game with full story routes and character development, then maybe we would be singing a different tune.
[/quote]
That would be great!! *_*
Keep Calm And Love Nino-chan~~

mariokirby

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: March 10, 2016, 09:16:40 PM »
Did you mean that you wanted a CG or ML console game similar to the 765pro main games?

It’s not impossible, but it’s definitely difficult to achieve.   The biggest issue being size. 

The advantage with 765pro is that they’re smaller thus more efficient.  So, you can build a close relationship and bonding with each idol and experience their story/character development as you seen with all of the main games.  And, still can perform concerts where each 765pro idol is singing every song (probably 60 by now).   So, you can mix and match who you want to perform for almost any song/concerts (except the solos)

Given CG and ML size, this would be difficult to do.  I would assume they would need to cut-out a large group of idols to make it possible.    But, if you did that then some fans will be upset that their favorite idol didn’t make the cut.  And, you kind of lose the appeal that CG and ML are about a large company of idols, not a small group.

Of course, there’s the CG anime route where you just pick a group of idols (CG project) and have everyone else as side characters or cameos.  But, I’m not sure if that would work out with a console game.

MetalPredat0r

• Producer
  • No Copyright Law in the Universe is gonna stop me!
    • View Profile
    • Follow me on Twitter if you want.
« Reply #67 on: March 11, 2016, 12:05:21 AM »
I am never replying here again after this. I thought this thread died and I don't want to white knight a bunch of spin-offs again. .-.

I feel that for CG/ML or even SM to have console games similar to the main series, like mariokirby said, you have to have a small dedicated group.

Like for CG you could use Cinderella Project and for ML you can go with the main trio + the movie girls and whoever else they know is popular.

Also, any backlash about "BUT MUH FAVORITE" is kinda old considering how prevalent that was when the CG anime was announced. It kinda fatigued itself after a while.  :P
Haikus are easy
But sometimes they don't make sense
Refrigerator

Asuka Ninomiya

• Greenhorn
  • Hello~ A big Idolm@ster and Asuka's fan here
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: March 11, 2016, 06:55:53 PM »
yeah, the size problem will be there..but about the songs, I only thought of the character routes and I know that they are not gonna make all versions of songs for every cg character...XD
Keep Calm And Love Nino-chan~~

terucchi

• Apprentice
  • nico nico nii madafaka
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: May 28, 2016, 10:08:52 AM »
Sooo seeing all of this arguments against ML and CG, i kinda agree. Even from the CG anime i only remember new generations, Miku and Rosenburg Engel and idk who are the other characters. But for SideM i think its a nice new game (except the usual pay to win schemes) to bring more fans to the fandom of iM@S, like i did. I got into imas after discovering SideM and i do really hope SideM got a console game together with an anime. Opinions accepted.

Teddie

• Apprentice
  • 僕たちのResistance
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: June 11, 2016, 04:01:47 PM »
I respect your opinion about that. Heck, I like Cinderella Girls and Dearly Stars!

As for Million Live... Eh. The mobile game is visual novel, so it needs the knowlege of Japanese. I played a bit and it was OK. As for music... It is my guilty pleasure, actually. I like the art a lot!

As for SideM, I agree with you! I, mean... I feel uncomfortable with male idols! The songs are not my cup of tea. The characters are ugh... Why they MUST have a former job!? For example: Ryo (Dearly Stars charcter) was a crossdresser and now he is pursuing as a male idol. But Ryo was my exeption, because I didn't felt uncomfortable with him. He had girly voice and I kinda like it.

Howewer, just because I like Cinderella Girls, doesn't mean I like more than 765 girls! I actually like more 765 girls than CG girls.

HibikiP | MakotoP | MioP |My Cinderella Producers profile~

ninjamitsuki

• View Profile
« Reply #71 on: June 17, 2016, 10:45:32 AM »
I love the characters in SideM and seeing Ryo come back and finally an iM@S otome game, but I agree that the songs are pretty crappy aside from a few that I like (like Smile Engage). I wish they'd use the Namco composers...