Username: Password:

Author Topic: Love Live! School Idol Project Discussion  (Read 18242 times)

Naryoril

• Producer
    • View Profile
Re: Love Live! School Idol Project Discussion
« Reply #15 on: July 01, 2014, 07:03:18 AM »
While I agree, in Love Live's case, I think the personal obstacles that each character go through are more vital here than a rival.

True, but then they shouldn't add a rival at all. It is really strange to add a seemingly over-powerful rival and then defeating it by just walking past it, and not even as a finale.

MetalPredat0r

• Producer
  • No Copyright Law in the Universe is gonna stop me!
    • View Profile
    • Follow me on Twitter if you want.
« Reply #16 on: July 01, 2014, 07:25:00 AM »
True, but then they shouldn't add a rival at all. It is really strange to add a seemingly over-powerful rival and then defeating it by just walking past it, and not even as a finale.

I don't see A-Rise as a rival, but I see them more as motivation. Muse knows that A-Rise are pretty much King S**t when it comes to school idols and Honoka sees them and says "I wanna be just like them". It's not like Jupiter where the main purpose is defeating them in a competition, but rather Muse looks after A-Rise and model themselves after them. So really, they're not meant to be actual "rivals" but more a driving point for Muse to keep going until the end.
Haikus are easy
But sometimes they don't make sense
Refrigerator

Daverost

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 02, 2014, 02:47:28 PM »
And in general with Love Live: Since almost all the songs are always sung by all 9, they lack character, they all sound the same. They are good and there isn't any i really dislike (like i dislike some of the im@s songs), but there isn't any really standing out (like some of the im@s songs which just blew me away when i first heard them).

You've got to go outside of the main releases for that. There are three sub-units (lily white, BiBi, and Printemps) of three girls each and there are plenty of songs that mix and match girls. There are also a few solo versions of some existing songs that are pretty spectacular (like Rin's solo of Snow Halation).

It's out there, but it's not at the forefront.

MetalPredat0r

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 19, 2014, 04:19:19 PM »
Haikus are easy
Refrigerator

DeviantProtagonist

• Producer
  • 本当にありがとう, あずみん.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 19, 2014, 05:06:31 PM »
Already I can scent the droves of blood spilling from said development. :3
Suddenly, bow-wow-wow~. :3

Cael K.

• Producer
  • Dark Slayer Style!
    • View Profile
    • Memories of Melon Pan
« Reply #20 on: July 20, 2014, 12:08:51 AM »
And then it will be a fighting game. ^_^
Cael's Im@s Ranking: Azusa, Yumeko, Tomomi, Haruka

How to get stuff from Japan without causing things to explode in a shower of sparks and misery: http://forum.project-imas.com/index.php/topic,1108.0.html

Memories of Melon Pan: http://d.hatena.ne.jp/caelk/
Translations: http://www.mediafire.com/?hzc4b0jy7pwll

Currently translating (text only):
S(mile)ING! (English version, singable) - http://d.hatena.ne.jp/caelk/20140911/1410422445
Neue Green, Volume 3 - Will start sometime. ^_^;;
Rockin' Girl, Volume 1 (Chapters 1-5) - http://www.mediafire.com/?z00ffkvg5ocg11e

MetalPredat0r

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 20, 2014, 01:06:02 AM »
I would adore that so much!
Haikus are easy
Refrigerator

Yui

• Producer
  • Presenting Pisces Yui!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 20, 2014, 03:04:22 AM »
Well... very nice. I'll be waiting for the LL movie. I wonder if the movie will be like the Disney movies, where everybody sing and dance. xD

DON'T PLAY WITH ME, SCAMCO! You KNOW I want this!

Oh, I think that'll be very nice too.

MetalPredat0r

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 06, 2014, 06:56:33 AM »
Just finished the anime. All I'm saying is "bring it on, 2015!"

Seriously, Hanayo's text message is gonna have me losing sleep for weeks finding out what the hell it could be!
Haikus are easy
Refrigerator

liza94

• Producer
  • Fan of Chihaya (Asami Imai & Kaori Shimizu)
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 22, 2014, 02:26:01 PM »
I have a feeling that Love Live is about "cute" girls doing "cute" things... :(  It's like the creators want to please the fans and nothing more... :(
As for songs, you just know that there are Maki, Umi and Eli who sing well and others who can't sing at all... :(

I don't see A-Rise as a rival, but I see them more as motivation. Muse knows that A-Rise are pretty much King S**t when it comes to school idols and Honoka sees them and says "I wanna be just like them". It's not like Jupiter where the main purpose is defeating them in a competition, but rather Muse looks after A-Rise and model themselves after them. So really, they're not meant to be actual "rivals" but more a driving point for Muse to keep going until the end.

I agree with you.

MetalPredat0r

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 22, 2014, 03:18:32 PM »
I have a feeling that Love Live is about "cute" girls doing "cute" things... :(  It's like the creators want to please the fans and nothing more...

Having finished the anime this summer, it actually isn't. It isn't at all. Its similar to THE iDOLM@STER 2011 anime where its mainly about the girls developing as idols, except Love Live is more of a group effort rather than iM@S' focus on individuality. I recommend at least giving the first three episodes a shot to see if you'll like it.
Haikus are easy
Refrigerator

liza94

• Producer
  • Fan of Chihaya (Asami Imai & Kaori Shimizu)
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 22, 2014, 03:38:54 PM »
Having finished the anime this summer, it actually isn't. It isn't at all. Its similar to THE iDOLM@STER 2011 anime where its mainly about the girls developing as idols, except Love Live is more of a group effort rather than iM@S' focus on individuality. I recommend at least giving the first three episodes a shot to see if you'll like it.

The last episode I watched was the one with "Snow halation" instead of normal ending.

MetalPredat0r

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 22, 2014, 03:45:12 PM »
The last episode I watched was the one with "Snow halation" instead of normal ending.

Oh, that's close to the end of Season 2!
Haikus are easy
Refrigerator

meichan111

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 30, 2014, 05:34:05 PM »
that project is awesome >w< have seen both seasons, play both en and jp version of the ios/android game (not gonna get psvita crappy quality lol) XD cant wait for the movieeee

AkuAkane

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 06, 2014, 12:06:59 AM »
Just noticed there was a Love Live thread. I'm a pretty big fan of Love Live but I honestly like Im@s a lot more. my top 3 characters are Nozomi, Umi, and Rin. I like Hanayo quite a bit as well. (I kind of ship RinxHanayo, because its just so cute and I like the characters a lot). I hate Nico, but the rest of the girls are okay. Nico is basically the Miki of Love Live for me lol I'm pretty excited for the movie still, although I wish they'd release some info or a trailer on it or a definitive release date. I've seen both seasons of the anime of course and I used to play the mobile game in English, but got bored of it after a while. Especially since the events are unwinnable unless you have good cards and lots of heart gems or whatever they were called. The best card I had when I quit playing was http://decaf.kouhi.me/lovelive/images/e/e0/Umi_cool_sr58_t.jpg
Top 5 Original 765PRO Girls=Makoto, Azusa, Takane, Iori, Hibiki
Top 5 Cinderella Girls=Takumi, Rina, Natsuki, Tomoe, Akane
Top 5 Million Live Girls=Matsuri, Noriko, Roco, Julia, Chizuru
Top 5 SideM Guys=Suzaku, Michiru, Kyoji, Ryu, Michio