puppies-volcanic
Username: Password:

Author Topic: Love Live! School Idol Project Discussion  (Read 18256 times)

MetalPredat0r

• Producer
  • No Copyright Law in the Universe is gonna stop me!
    • View Profile
    • Follow me on Twitter if you want.
Love Live! School Idol Project Discussion
« on: June 30, 2014, 01:00:28 AM »
Felt this was a good time to talk about this since this was just announced.

http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2014/06/29/love-live-anime-movie-announced

Yup. Love Live movie announced. And I though the iM@S movie would be enough for me. Hot damn! X)!

This is to discuss the franchise, the characters, and anything Love Live related.

Haikus are easy
But sometimes they don't make sense
Refrigerator

Sunflorazumarill

• Haruka Miki Chihaya Fan
    • View Profile
    • Pokémon Peace Squad Central
Re: Love Live! School Idol Project Discussion
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2014, 01:23:05 AM »
Well, since this topic has been started, I might as well pitch in a bit. I've actually made a pic of Honoka Kousaka in a hula outfit a year and a half ago.

http://sunflorazumarill.deviantart.com/art/Honoka-Kousaka-Hula-345729162

Also, I put her in Pokemon Infinite and Zero as a special Multi Battle partner.

http://sunflorazumarill.deviantart.com/art/Pokemon-Infinite-and-Zero-Tag-Partners-460546894

Other than that, haven't looked too much into the thing besides faving lots of pics.

MetalPredat0r

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2014, 01:36:24 AM »
I'm on the third episode of the anime's second season. Pretty good so far.

Though from what I've read, the movie.....is gonna be an issue, story-wise, due to what happens because

-SPOILER ALERT-
in Episode 11, Muse decided to disband after the Love Live competition because of Eli, Nozomi, and Nico graduating and cannot be school idols and Muse cannot have more or less than nine memebers due to the meaning behind the name. So unless they do something like Muse going professional like 765Pro or something in Epiosde 13 proves me wrong then the movie will have to be a recap or a reboot.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2014, 01:40:17 AM by MetalPredat0r »
Haikus are easy
Refrigerator

ZetaFlare

• Producer
  • Chief of ACME Crimenet's San Diego Divison
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2014, 04:54:09 AM »
I have watched all the episodes but two so far and loved every minute of it. I'm one of those fans of both iM@S and LL that I take no sides in this so-called "war of the idols." Hearing about the movie is big news. I wonder if this means Otonokizaka will have a successor idol group. You know, kind of like how Wakaba Girls was in K-On after the end of Afternoon Tea Time?

Kotori is so mai μ's waifu.

MetalPredat0r

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2014, 04:59:03 AM »
I'm one of those fans of both iM@S and LL that I take no sides in this so-called "war of the idols."

Same here. I enjoy both of them for what they are and would actually LOVE to see a crossover some day. No, that concert does not count for me!

Kotori is so mai μ's waifu.

Kotori's great, but I'm more of a Maki guy myself. :P
Haikus are easy
Refrigerator

Daverost

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2014, 03:51:23 PM »
My favorite is Nico, but Maki and Rin round out my top 3.

I love this series to death. Damn near had a heart attack going into the last episode not knowing what was going to happen to the series afterward. Thank God they announced a movie.

I've been a fan for nearly five years (around the time that the first single came out). It would have killed me for it to just end there.

Also, the anime needs to have more lowered twintail Nico. She pretty much only exists in the pre-anime content, and she looks amazing.

ZetaFlare

• Producer
  • Chief of ACME Crimenet's San Diego Divison
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2014, 05:21:12 PM »
Anyone see this happening? Well, Sunrise did animate both series.

Yeah, Kotori's my favorite, but I also like Niko, Maki, Rin, Kayochin, and Nozomi.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2014, 05:26:00 PM by ZetaFlare »

fredex

« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2014, 09:06:42 PM »
Just Finished watching the last episode and man im sad its over until the movie, which will be like over a year till I get to see it since id have to wait for a blu ray release and subs :/
I'm assuming The text message Hanayo got at the end will be the set up for whatever plot the movie has, im expecting something similar to the k-on movie (which i loved) but hopefully they continue the series anyway afterwards somehow, I WANT MY NICO GOODNESS EVERY WEEK AGAIN! :'(

At least there's LL:SIF that i play daily, anyone here play it at all? its oddly addictive with all the events and i just plain ol love rhythm games, the vita game is looking very rough though, heres the latest footage in case anyone didn't see it @ the 3:00 mark

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H_mLQrXuYjU

im surprised by how rough it looks considering its the same developers as the project diva series, which always looked great, maybe they're just overworked, what with the persona game theyre also working on and any other projects i might not know about.

MetalPredat0r

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2014, 11:18:12 PM »
At least there's LL:SIF that i play daily, anyone here play it at all?

Sorry for the shameless plug, but I DID make a review of the game here, so I at least used to.

http://forum.project-imas.com/index.php/topic,2087.0.html
Haikus are easy
Refrigerator

DeviantProtagonist

• Producer
  • 本当にありがとう, あずみん.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 01, 2014, 02:30:14 AM »
I've hardly heard of this franchise, apart from the fact it follows a similar formula to Idolm@ster and has that World War rivalry thing going on or something. Is it a worthwhile investment compared to iM@S? Are the stories good and the characters memorable?
Suddenly, bow-wow-wow~. :3

MetalPredat0r

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 01, 2014, 02:48:21 AM »
I've hardly heard of this franchise, apart from the fact it follows a similar formula to Idolm@ster and has that World War rivalry thing going on or something. Is it a worthwhile investment compared to iM@S? Are the stories good and the characters memorable?

I personally recommend it. While both have their similarities, they both have MANY differences. While iM@S is more about the individual characters and how they grow, Love Live is more about the group as a whole growing together. This especially shows iM@S has a lot of solo songs between each girl while Love Live has almost every song being sung as a group. There's also more of an overall story to Love Live with the girls forming a school idol group to prevent their school from shutting down whereas iM@S is about each girl's indivdual lives with some few recurring plot threads here and there (the big live in Episode 13, Kuroi and Jupiter, and Chihaya's backstory).
Haikus are easy
Refrigerator

DeviantProtagonist

• Producer
  • 本当にありがとう, あずみん.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 01, 2014, 04:15:12 AM »
Interesting comparisons. Not sure why people would get so worked up over something like idol rivalries, but whatever, I'll give this a watch sometime.
Suddenly, bow-wow-wow~. :3

MetalPredat0r

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 01, 2014, 04:39:19 AM »
Interesting comparisons. Not sure why people would get so worked up over something like idol rivalries, but whatever, I'll give this a watch sometime.

Well, people get worked up over rivalries in general. Like Nintendo vs Sega, Star Wars vs Star Trek, Coke vs Pepsi, Soup vs Salad, etc.
Haikus are easy
Refrigerator

Naryoril

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 01, 2014, 06:41:47 AM »
What irks me about the anime is the lack of a rival for the big show.

There was always A-Rise as the big obstacle to overcome, and then they do it in the prelims, and it isn't even really shown, just a bit in a flashback of the next episode. And then there is the Love Live, the big goal the have worked to, without any actual rival, there is no sense of danger of being defeated at all.

And in general with Love Live: Since almost all the songs are always sung by all 9, they lack character, they all sound the same. They are good and there isn't any i really dislike (like i dislike some of the im@s songs), but there isn't any really standing out (like some of the im@s songs which just blew me away when i first heard them).

MetalPredat0r

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 01, 2014, 06:58:14 AM »
What irks me about the anime is the lack of a rival for the big show.

There was always A-Rise as the big obstacle to overcome, and then they do it in the prelims, and it isn't even really shown, just a bit in a flashback of the next episode. And then there is the Love Live, the big goal the have worked to, without any actual rival, there is no sense of danger of being defeated at all.

While I agree, in Love Live's case, I think the personal obstacles that each character go through are more vital here than a rival.

And in general with Love Live: Since almost all the songs are always sung by all 9, they lack character, they all sound the same. They are good and there isn't any i really dislike (like i dislike some of the im@s songs), but there isn't any really standing out (like some of the im@s songs which just blew me away when i first heard them).

This I completely agree with. As great as Love Live's songs are, the lack of individuality really hurts the overall memorability of the music. With the iDOLM@STER, good or bad, each song sticks out and are much more memorable in that case. Love Live, I can only name two songs that stick out to me. Start:Dash!! (because it's amazing!) and Kitto Seishun ga Kikoeru (because of Season 1's end credits).
Haikus are easy
Refrigerator