puppies-volcanic
Username: Password:

Author Topic: What's the name of your idol group?  (Read 6757 times)

Neruibara

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: What's the name of your idol group?
« Reply #15 on: September 27, 2014, 02:01:06 AM »
My original group idea kind of was forced to change when Iori was no longer immediately available in Im@s 2 so I had to swap out some players for my group. So my new group was Makoto (lead) / Chihaya / Takane. I named the group daybreak. I felt is symbolized the group well as well as where they were going. We have Takane's moon which leads into Makoto's powerful breaking of the dawn which flows into Chihaya's gently blue sky. I think it was kind of a romantic name for a group. >///< I thought it was nice!
My own Idolm@ster fanfic project, Idolm@ster-EG.

Okayu

• E4-G4-D3-B3
  • Global Moderator
  • Producer
  • 千早の可愛いさは正義!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 27, 2014, 03:50:16 PM »
Mine is bland with "765PRO" this time as this name has to be used for all idols instead of just a specific pairing like in 2. I did try coming up with better names for 2 though and I like some of the concepts used here.

PRPR*Gals

Ufufufu.
I see what you did there. I'd prpr Chihaya if you know what I mean.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2014, 03:53:29 PM by Okayu »
Theater Days ID: RLA7LXH4

Translation Thread: http://forum.project-imas.com/index.php/topic,2586.0.html

Chihaya fansite: http://utahimerakuen.waifu.pl/

chihayacutie

• Greenhorn
  • fufufu~
    • View Profile
    • twitter
« Reply #17 on: September 30, 2015, 02:49:07 PM »
Super late to the party, but I just got OFA a week ago :3

I wanted something generic to fit all of the girls, so I came up with Miracle*Generation. MIRA*GEN for short. I'm pretty proud of it~

So far, I've picked these idols in order: Chihaya, Hibiki, Makoto, Takane, Azusa, and Yukiho. I'm hoping to have a main stat of VO and a secondary stat of DA by the end of it.

Naryoril

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 30, 2015, 03:25:16 PM »
Super late to the party, but I just got OFA a week ago :3

I wanted something generic to fit all of the girls, so I came up with Miracle*Generation. MIRA*GEN for short. I'm pretty proud of it~

So far, I've picked these idols in order: Chihaya, Hibiki, Makoto, Takane, Azusa, and Yukiho. I'm hoping to have a main stat of VO and a secondary stat of DA by the end of it.

just to say: burst skills and their synergies are way more important than base stats. For vocal as main stat that would be haruka and chihaya (yukiho and miki for visual and makoto and hibiki for dance). These pairs are not necessary though, unless you attempt something out of your league rank wise, or for some DLC events.

Kimiko

• Hi there!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 30, 2015, 04:03:39 PM »
late for that but my units name is "Utahime" xD

chihayacutie

• Greenhorn
  • fufufu~
    • View Profile
    • twitter
« Reply #20 on: October 02, 2015, 12:52:36 AM »
just to say: burst skills and their synergies are way more important than base stats. For vocal as main stat that would be haruka and chihaya (yukiho and miki for visual and makoto and hibiki for dance). These pairs are not necessary though, unless you attempt something out of your league rank wise, or for some DLC events.

Thanks for the pointer ^_^ I knew I didn't quite understand the whole concept at first, but now I get it.

mariokirby

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 02, 2015, 03:25:03 AM »
In Idolm@ster 2 I named my unit Nemurihime, which was named after the Nemurihime manga.  The unit in that manga was also called Nemurihime and consisted of leader Chihaya, Miki, and Haruka (which was the same unit I used).  Nemurihime is also the name of a song that Chihaya sings.

I decided to call my unit in One for All Nemurihime to keep it consistent.  Of course, I later realized that in One for All you produce all idols, so calling it Nemurihime didn't make much sense.  But, you can't change the name once you've decided.  Oh well... At least, my best idols in that game are Chihaya, Miki, and Haruka.

Nakiame

• Hibike, Hibiki!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 02, 2015, 08:13:36 AM »
Thanks for the pointer ^_^ I knew I didn't quite understand the whole concept at first, but now I get it.

Actually that doesn't matter early in game. They start out without any skills at all, so they are all the same untill you level them enough. Btw, the best third member (for max score) for any of those pairs is Yayoi. Actually score-wise she is even better to have than Haruka/Yukiho/Makoto. But yeah, game is so relaxing that you don't have to worry about anything.
Keep in mind though, that slower songs net you much more score, than fast ones (unlike imas2), and that's especially true for the beginning of the game, when you don't have lots of hearts. The difference between 103 and 150 notes song's score could be like 2x times!

Oh, and to keep things on topic, my unit name is "Ether".

MuscleRobo

• Greenhorn
  • Forum member
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 14, 2015, 03:45:03 PM »
Mine is SVT 88.  I know that seems a little odd, but the SVT is for Strawberry Vanilla Tea since I had a canister near me and thought it'd be a cute name.  The 88 came from thinking just SVT is too plain and the number 88 being a little special to me and a few friends ever since we regularly would marathon UN Squadron sessions, the SNES game based on the excellent manga and anime series Area 88.  I've used the name since I first played the first Idolmaster game in college quite a few years back and I like to stay consistent!
Avatar is the lovely Chibikko Chan~
Artist's Info
Twitter: @morihito88
Pixiv: http://www.pixiv.net/member.php?id=2613933

Cael K.

• Producer
  • Dark Slayer Style!
    • View Profile
    • Memories of Melon Pan
« Reply #24 on: December 14, 2015, 07:39:33 PM »
龍騎士団 (The Dragoons)

Other names I've used in other Im@s games are 見習い戦士 (The Squires), 風水師団 (The Geomancers), Brave License, Fortunetelling Mirror, and Zodiac Brave (all in katakana). There's a clear pattern here.

Mine is SVT 88.  I know that seems a little odd, but the SVT is for Strawberry Vanilla Tea since I had a canister near me and thought it'd be a cute name.  The 88 came from thinking just SVT is too plain and the number 88 being a little special to me and a few friends ever since we regularly would marathon UN Squadron sessions, the SNES game based on the excellent manga and anime series Area 88.  I've used the name since I first played the first Idolmaster game in college quite a few years back and I like to stay consistent!

I remember I thought I'd play that game one day. Some gaming site did a Top 10 shooters ever list and UN Squadron made the list despite its age. But the most prominent memories of that time were ceiling boss (ugh), and lots of glorious napalm.

Trivia though: Apparently the voice of Shin Kazama is none other than Takehito Koyasu, the voice of Kuroi. Also, the SVT-38 was a Russian rifle used just before World War II.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2015, 07:45:53 PM by Cael K. »
Cael's Im@s Ranking: Azusa, Yumeko, Tomomi, Haruka

How to get stuff from Japan without causing things to explode in a shower of sparks and misery: http://forum.project-imas.com/index.php/topic,1108.0.html

Memories of Melon Pan: http://d.hatena.ne.jp/caelk/
Translations: http://www.mediafire.com/?hzc4b0jy7pwll

Currently translating (text only):
S(mile)ING! (English version, singable) - http://d.hatena.ne.jp/caelk/20140911/1410422445
Neue Green, Volume 3 - Will start sometime. ^_^;;
Rockin' Girl, Volume 1 (Chapters 1-5) - http://www.mediafire.com/?z00ffkvg5ocg11e

Taylor_Omnom115

• Apprentice
  • hi
    • View Profile
    • IDOLM@STER CHANNEL
« Reply #25 on: December 15, 2015, 10:33:23 AM »
I never played idolmaster OFA but I would call it: A.M.I.
The leader - Azusa or Ami
Left - Mami or Miki or Makoto
Right - Iori

The unit name comes from the first letter of their names
Gaming Channel: www.youtube.com/Omnom115
(taking requests right now) IDOLM@STER PS CHANNEL: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAadVImldINLKw37zb1b-2A
1st PSN: Omnom115
2nd PSN: OmnomJapan115

leafstro

• Apprentice
  • o.o
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 19, 2015, 10:00:10 AM »
PLUVIAL, in all caps. No particular reason behind it I just like the word a lot

Members:
Chihaya
Yayoi or Iori