puppies-volcanic
Username: Password:

Author Topic: One For All: Gameplay thread  (Read 29443 times)

Naryoril

• Producer
    • View Profile
Re: One For All: Gameplay thread
« Reply #165 on: January 22, 2015, 11:39:31 AM »
There is also luck involved. I had to try several times to beat her with Iori (4 memory appeals). The way i succeeded in the end was to always burst as soon as i could. But the first time i tried this, it didn't work because i didn't get a third burst, but the second time i just made it to a 3rd burst on the last note and in both attempts i had a full chain on the song. From the difference in the voltage gauge i guess the second time Leon used one memory appeal less (or during a time that is better for me, for example while i'm bursting).

DeviantProtagonist

• Producer
  • 本当にありがとう, あずみん.
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: February 04, 2015, 09:38:33 PM »
Question; there's an option in Produce mode's P Desk menu that has your off-hand idols focus on improving one of four things in a drop down menu -- such as fans and EXP gain -- whilst you're on a Job with your main trio. What are they in order, exactly?
« Last Edit: February 04, 2015, 09:47:54 PM by DeviantProtagonist »
Suddenly, bow-wow-wow~. :3

mariokirby

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: February 06, 2015, 01:47:40 AM »
I don't know, exactly.  I sort of guessed with some google translate (not very helpful but it's all I got).

Please, somebody correct me if I'm wrong.

1.  Balance
2.  Fans
3.  Money
4.  Experience

« Last Edit: February 06, 2015, 01:49:33 AM by mariokirby »

DeviantProtagonist

• Producer
  • 本当にありがとう, あずみん.
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: February 08, 2015, 05:44:31 AM »
Looks about as right as any, yeah, so much appreciated.

Yet there's another question I have; now that Azusa's EX2 is beaten, I've no clue how to have her wear the EX2's ultimate costume (for S4U and the like). Where and how do you equip said costume? Is it locked to her EX song or something?

Edit: disregard that; turns out the individual costumes needed to be toggled on. Derp.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2015, 08:39:19 AM by DeviantProtagonist »
Suddenly, bow-wow-wow~. :3

Kimiko

• Hi there!
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: February 10, 2015, 03:57:57 AM »
so, my friend from germany sent me his spare ps3 (and yeah I can keep it~)
and he also transfered his save data of imas 2 and ofa on it so I have all dlc songs till now
but now I have a question
He still hasn't unlocked all character specific costumes, how can I do that?

ChocoCats

• Producer
  • Yoshi♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: February 10, 2015, 04:21:05 AM »
so, my friend from germany sent me his spare ps3 (and yeah I can keep it~)
and he also transfered his save data of imas 2 and ofa on it so I have all dlc songs till now
but now I have a question
He still hasn't unlocked all character specific costumes, how can I do that?

Complete EX episode #7 for each of the idols to get their exclusive costumes.

Behold! The Yarn Yoshi Army!

Setsuna

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: February 18, 2015, 01:25:09 PM »
Well, can't say I've been up to much other than massive OfA grinding. Even someone like me needs something to do.

I just learnt today what happens when you actually tie with someone else during a festival.

See the below screenshot:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/mysyis3dw6bqr2w/imas%20OfA%20-%20Tied%20S1%20Festival%20%281-1%29.png?dl=0

Since it was song 3 of the S1 promotional (Which of course went 1-1), I didn't expect to end up with the exact same score as your opponent (Considering MAI is downright evil).

Now what actually happens is...

... Actually, do I want to spoil the surprise?

I do have a video archive (Since this was all streamed) although it'll take quite some time before I can get the video out.
Games are streamed at www.hitbox.tv/Aliciana/
No focus, any platform, suggestions welcome

Currently accepting Platinum Stars requests: http://forum.project-imas.com/index.php?topic=2575.0

http://forum.project-imas.com/index.php?topic=2415 - My technical notes on good quality recording.

Naryoril

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: February 18, 2015, 01:53:57 PM »
I'm curious what happens in that case, especially if it's the end of a rank up festival. I doubt i'll ever see this, the chances are just too slim. I think the closest i got was within 100 points.

And what do you intend to grind? Just level or go on and get 5 memory appeals for every idol? That would be the real grind in this game.

Setsuna

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: February 18, 2015, 02:49:41 PM »
I'm curious what happens in that case, especially if it's the end of a rank up festival. I doubt i'll ever see this, the chances are just too slim. I think the closest i got was within 100 points.

And what do you intend to grind? Just level or go on and get 5 memory appeals for every idol? That would be the real grind in this game.

I was just working my way up to S1 and closing all the EX3s. I'm done now, and in the process ended up getting that enroute to getting everyone to S1 (Most everyone is level 50 with 4 appeals each, apart from Azusa who has 5, because slow songs = domination at solo festivals)

I'm not sure if a S1 All star exists though. In theory it does, but I don't know how to make it show up.

http://www.hitbox.tv/video/423310

The match in question starts at 10:30. Yes, I'm aware I should have had Miki as second, with Ami as third (Because Miki's burst pattern is better for Miki's burst skill than Ami's burst pattern), but well, the more you learn.

Spoiler: You take the win. There are no draws in Ofa, with the player given the benefit of the doubt.

You can confirm that it is in fact a best of 3, by starting it earlier. I thought there was a preceding failed run, but that was the first event of that block. Weirdest luck ever, I guess.

That one was the third match of Yukiho's S1 qualifier, since I find it nearly impossible to level the resources required to close a match during the second song. Basically, it's as even as it'll ever get. My strategies are a little weird, and somewhat unreliable for S1 though.

I tend to play combattive (And you'll probably notice if you watch more of it, that Azusa can consistently carry hard on the first song regardless of the team composition, which is always the same. Appeal abuse is so useful) so I haven't figured out reliable ways to close S1 matches against MAI. I've only ever managed one 2-0, although I have managed to close out all 13 S1s.

I may decide to do other things since I've completed all the damn episodes though... I need a bit of help verifying everything is there at my end. I think it is, unless there's some unlock requirements I forgot about...
« Last Edit: February 18, 2015, 03:13:35 PM by Setsuna »

Currently accepting Platinum Stars requests: http://forum.project-imas.com/index.php?topic=2575.0

http://forum.project-imas.com/index.php?topic=2415 - My technical notes on good quality recording.

Naryoril

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: February 18, 2015, 03:42:57 PM »
Yeah, i still haven't finished all of the ex episodes. Holidays and Guild Wars 2 were "in the way", but i'm slowly working on it. But as soon as i have to pad to meet the season goals (so when it requires 8 concerts, auditions or festivals), i'll probably wait for eDEN before continuing.

While you are right about the idol order, i think another song would have had more influence. I use Cosmos Kosmos when i want to score as high as possible with a visual trio unit. And then there is the outfit.

But yeah, the S2 and S1 rank up festivals are hard and i usually sacrifice the second song as well. My strategy for S1 is to counter with Yukiho, Haruka or Makoto twice and then burst with Miki, Chihaya or Hibiki at the end of the song. This usually works quite well. So far i have won 2-0 twice: One was the very first time, using Yukiho as leader, and the second time basically came as a surprise.

I never noticed that the opponent is Mai, it makes a lot of sense though: She is considered a legendary idol, and she uses the same burst skill as Ai at some earlier rank up festival (C3 or something like that iirc). It somehow makes me feel all fuzzy inside :p

With some idols (ARGH, RITSUKO YOU SUCK AT SOLO FESTIVALS!) i really had trouble beating Leon at the end of ex episode 3, even with 4 memory appeals, S1 rank and lvl 45.

I'm also still waiting for an S1 all star festival, i recently completed the requirements for S2 after 2 songs...

What do you want to verify and what help do you need to do so? I'm also thinking about doing some more stuff after getting everyone to 50, maybe getting Takane and Miki to 5 memory appeals (i got Yukiho, Azusa and Chihaya already, the rest is on 4)

« Last Edit: February 18, 2015, 03:44:45 PM by Naryoril »

seibo

• Greenhorn
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: February 18, 2015, 04:04:59 PM »

But yeah, the S2 and S1 rank up festivals are hard and i usually sacrifice the second song as well. My strategy for S1 is to counter with Yukiho, Haruka or Makoto twice and then burst with Miki, Chihaya or Hibiki at the end of the song. This usually works quite well. So far i have won 2-0 twice: One was the very first time, using Yukiho as leader, and the second time basically came as a surprise.

I tend to go with Azusa + my lowest level character (yayoi) on the first song and usually lose on the first song but keep my voltage and memory appeals up. Then I make the second song a shoein (sp?) with Makoto and Hibiki. And the final song setup depends on the leader. If it's one part of the visual or vocal set I'll nab the other one, if not I'll usually grab Miki and Yukiho since they're higher levels than Chihaya and Haruka. I haven't lost an S1 yet and I've managed with less than 5 appeals and under lvl45 on most of the idols.

Actually I think I failed with Yukiho because of bad costume/ song coordination but I got it on the second try.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2015, 09:14:50 PM by seibo »

Setsuna

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: February 19, 2015, 12:40:16 AM »
Yeah, i still haven't finished all of the ex episodes. Holidays and Guild Wars 2 were "in the way", but i'm slowly working on it. But as soon as i have to pad to meet the season goals (so when it requires 8 concerts, auditions or festivals), i'll probably wait for eDEN before continuing.

While you are right about the idol order, i think another song would have had more influence. I use Cosmos Kosmos when i want to score as high as possible with a visual trio unit. And then there is the outfit.

I never noticed that the opponent is Mai, it makes a lot of sense though: She is considered a legendary idol, and she uses the same burst skill as Ai at some earlier rank up festival (C3 or something like that iirc). It somehow makes me feel all fuzzy inside :p

With some idols (ARGH, RITSUKO YOU SUCK AT SOLO FESTIVALS!) i really had trouble beating Leon at the end of ex episode 3, even with 4 memory appeals, S1 rank and lvl 45.

I'm also still waiting for an S1 all star festival, i recently completed the requirements for S2 after 2 songs...

What do you want to verify and what help do you need to do so? I'm also thinking about doing some more stuff after getting everyone to 50, maybe getting Takane and Miki to 5 memory appeals (i got Yukiho, Azusa and Chihaya already, the rest is on 4)

Well, I need to verify songs, costumes, accessories, stages and guest idol counts, assuming a catalog 9 close.

I found for the S2 promotional against Jupiter that Azusa leading for song 1, and Ami leading for song 2 is normally enough - Azusa doesn't really care about appeal losses since she'll get them right back, and Ami doesn't care about appeal losses cause she'll turn her normal voltage into appeal like gains, and both constantly bursting solo will run Jupiter over. It probably proves that Azusa and Ami are top tier Festival idols.

S1 is... yeah. I don't have to worry about it now, but it's so hit and miss. Sometimes I can 2-0, and once I managed to drain enough appeals during song 2 to turn song 3 into a 12 appeal vs 0 appeal face off. The scary part is even with 0 appeals, MAI can reasonably score about 90k.

As for the EX3s, I found out that the AI actually react on your score as well.

Namely, they will aggressively appeal if you have a decent voltage AND your score is about 85% or more of theirs.

So with the really slow songs (Makoto and Azusa) you're actually best trying to use one rate type to make sure you don't score a lot of points, then when you get close enough, burst 3 times to get initial burst, then use your fourth to go into ultimate, and go from there.

Naryoril

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: February 19, 2015, 09:12:20 AM »
if it's DLC you need to verify i'm afraid i can't help you much. I bought some songs and extends here and there, but they are all over the place.

Naryoril

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: April 14, 2015, 08:07:55 PM »
Finally done with the game, everyone is on level 50, Yukiho, Azusa, Chihaya, Takane and Miki on 5 hearts and the rest on 4 hearts.

I did a final high score run and that's what i reached:
Trio Live (not using the score boost from auditions): 240'440. I might get this one higher when i use a different song and team and get really lucky with Azusa's burst appeal.
Quintet Live: 332'476
Allstar Live: 833'369

I played the game for 292 hours, a lot of this is due to my slow reading speed in Japanese. But i can notice how much i have improved since i stated playing the game. I think even considering all the overpriced DLC i got my money's worth out of the game ;) But i think i played his game too much...

Btw: The fan count in the producer records caps at 99'999'999, Yukiho has slightly over 16'000'000 fans.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2015, 08:13:48 PM by Naryoril »

Chihaya

• Greenhorn
  • Idolm@ster
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: January 31, 2016, 08:52:55 PM »
I haven't played the game since release as I'm back on Im@s 2 for now but I'm buying up dlc and I have a question regarding the ex episode songs/costume....is there a way to use the song in s4u?? I set the unit to solo but I can't seem to find the song listed anywhere... do you have to play in produce mode first??  :-\