Username: Password:

Author Topic: One For All: Gameplay thread  (Read 26764 times)

Yukibro

• View Profile
Re: One For All: Gameplay thread
« Reply #30 on: May 28, 2014, 05:28:09 PM »
I'm doing something similar right now for my normal unit, which is Yukiho/Miki/Chihaya. The Yukiho/Miki connection is obvious enough, but Chihaya also boosts Vocal rate during bursts, and considering that you can get Visual and Vocal around 200% easily after the first Yukiho burst, it's pretty effective. I do find it nice to switch out idols during rank up festivals, though, since you can gain different effects and more memories over time. Azusa is a good choice because she can regain memories, but Iori and Ami could also be potentially good choices since I believe their effects carry over to other songs.

Virgofall

• *curtsy*
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 28, 2014, 11:38:03 PM »
Ah. I, myself, tend to be more of a minmaxer for the most part (preferring to burst on 5/3/2 characters and completely de-emphasizing the 2 stat), so I wouldn't do so, but of course to each their own. (I admit that I've grown to like the revamps because you can play as you like a bit more and not completely fail as a result of doing so.)
I'm not too sure if Iori's/Ami's bonuses carry over or not. I may check in a little while.
I agree with switching out idols during rank-ups festivals, if not for skills, for free memories alone. How I switch setups tends to depend on the current stat setup, but I typically take Takane and/or Azusa in first round.
(When/if Azusa depends on the current build setup for me, while her burst skill IS very nice I tend to prefer having a high-but-flat amount of memories to use - otherwise, if I'm doing high-Visual already I'll drag her along for second. Takane tends to be nearly-always a first rounder for me because it means most of the time you can end first song with a sizable amount of voltage. Of course if they're lead this doesn't apply so much XP )

I wonder about the effectiveness of a Takane/Ami/Azusa team, though (tons of voltage?). Though, where their base stats are concerned, the spread looks to be all over the place, and I doubt this would mean a whole lot until late-game either.

mariokirby

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 29, 2014, 01:49:21 AM »
Thanks everyone for answering my questions.

I've noticed there are some board-based communication and evening events not listed in the japanese wiki.

I hope the english wikia will include those missing communications as well as the skills board (I'm a little paranoid on spending skills points even though I can point out a few of the obvious skills).  I've noticed Miki's skill board is complete, which is good.

You guys are doing great on the wikia.  Please, keep up the good work.

fredex

« Reply #33 on: May 29, 2014, 02:23:25 AM »
Would someone be willing to translate the options menu for me? im curious about what im able to mess around with haha.

Naryoril

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 29, 2014, 12:05:05 PM »
can you miss board communications by leveling ranking up too fast? like you missed paid promotions in im@s 2 by reaching the top 50/top 20 early on.

Naryoril

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 29, 2014, 09:59:57 PM »
Would someone be willing to translate the options menu for me? im curious about what im able to mess around with haha.

I did a quick translation of the options menu on the wiki, but i only translated the name of the settings and not what they actually do and what all the possible options are.

http://idolmasterofa.wikia.com/wiki/Menu_Translations

fredex

« Reply #36 on: May 29, 2014, 10:35:23 PM »
I did a quick translation of the options menu on the wiki, but i only translated the name of the settings and not what they actually do and what all the possible options are.

http://idolmasterofa.wikia.com/wiki/Menu_Translations

thats good enough thanks! i always go check out options when i first start a game so its been bugging me that i hadnt touched it till now haha.

mariokirby

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 30, 2014, 06:14:09 AM »
Sorry, I've got another set of questions.... You can be very brief in the answers.

1. From looking at Miki and Yukiho's skills board in the English wikia, I just realize most skills are shared among idols generally speaking.
In that case are these the uniques skills for the idols (see below)?  Why are there different ranks for same unique skills for each idol?

Haruka - increase VO's multiplier by a lot after bursting
Miki - increase VI's multiplier by a lot during burst
Chihaya - increase VO's multiplier by a lot during burst
Iori - While bursting, there is a chance of recovering an appeal
Yayoi - increases all multipliers after bursting
Makoto - increase DA's multiplier a lot after bursting
Yukhio - increase VI's multiplier a lot after bursting
Ritsuko - this one im actually not sure about
Ami - voltage rises after bursting
Mami - all interest rates increased during burst
Azusa - While bursting, chance of recovering an appeal
Takane - voltage rises after bursting
Hibiki - increase DA's multiplier while bursting

2. Also, do skills stack up? I've noticed repeated skills in the same idol.

3. I know burst counter, memory/burst duo(trio) are shared among idols.  What about skills like score up or rate up? Is that shared or does that idol have to be the leader?

4.  Are memory appeal or burst appeal skills shared?  Or is it specific to that idol in that the idol has to be part of the memory/burst appeal to activate that memory/burst skill?

5. The Extend costumes are not showing up in the shops.  Is my produce rank too low (rank 4)?

Setsuna

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 30, 2014, 06:53:37 AM »
1. The skill tree in idols amount to this (off the top of my head):

Unique burst skill. There are 3 levels, so you need to get it 3 times to get level 3. Each one (Basically it looks like an idol image on the grid.) gives +1 to the level, or grants it if you get it the first time.

+ voltage on regular notes. So when you hit that particular skill note type (VO, DA, VI), you will gain more voltage per hit.

+ voltage on appeal. These are across all idols, and no idol gets more appeal than another when maxed. I think they also affect the amount of damage on the rival.

+1 to appeal combos. There are two, and they allow duo and trio appeals.

+1 to burst combos. These allow duo and trio bursts.

+ Counter appeal - Allows the idol to counter appeal. Pretty sure they're across all idols, but some get it earlier than others. I think this is bundled up with burst appeal.

The flexiblity is pre level 35, where you get to skewer your idol's growth.

2. Yes, I outlined how they stacked up previously. This is within the idol set, and between other idols.

3. They all stack. Only one idol needs access to it for that unit to have access to duo+ appeals, bursts and the ability to counter burst to grant it to the team though. This is useful for All stars early on - you make your initial team of 3 have access to the triple appeal/burst, and spread 1 per team.

4. There are two stores. BK Maniac and Lucky Rabbit.

Each one will only show so many costumes and so many accessories. You must buy the ones on offer before others will show up in their place.

5. Appeal skills are shared through the unit as it is assumed the team is involved at all times.

Burst skills will only activate if the idol in question is involved in them. So a solo burst will use the skill of the person bursting, where a triple burst will use all 3 (with a multiplier).

Sorry, I've got another set of questions.... You can be very brief in the answers.

1. From looking at Miki and Yukiho's skills board in the English wikia, I just realize most skills are shared among idols generally speaking.
In that case are these the uniques skills for the idols (see below)?  Why are there different ranks for same unique skills for each idol?

2. Also, do skills stack up? I've noticed repeated skills in the same idol.

3. I know burst counter, memory/burst duo(trio) are shared among idols.  What about skills like score up or rate up? Is that shared or does that idol have to be the leader?

4.  Are memory appeal or burst appeal skills shared?  Or is it specific to that idol in that the idol has to be part of the memory/burst appeal to activate that memory/burst skill?

5. The Extend costumes are not showing up in the shops.  Is my produce rank too low (rank 4)?
Games are streamed at www.hitbox.tv/Aliciana/
No focus, any platform, suggestions welcome

Currently accepting Platinum Stars requests: http://forum.project-imas.com/index.php?topic=2575.0

http://forum.project-imas.com/index.php?topic=2415 - My technical notes on good quality recording.

mariokirby

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 30, 2014, 07:30:50 AM »
^ Thank you so much. You've been a great help.   I can probably progress further enough to beat the game...uh...

Good question, I know the game just keeps going every season/year, but how to you "beat the game"? Do you get the last scene (ending) for each idol after you reached A1 rank?

Setsuna

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 30, 2014, 08:40:20 AM »
^ Thank you so much. You've been a great help.   I can probably progress further enough to beat the game...uh...

Good question, I know the game just keeps going every season/year, but how to you "beat the game"? Do you get the last scene (ending) for each idol after you reached A1 rank?

You need to win IE (Which is an A1 rank event) to get every ending for every idol. You need to beat Leon in a special event once you get at least 1 IE, and you'll unlock acceleration and conclude the last arc and get a trophy.

Complete all that (and a couple of other odds and ends, like getting a song to gold) and you'll get platinum.

The game will constantly loop forever, so you can continue playing story mode as long as you want, really.
Games are streamed at www.hitbox.tv/Aliciana/
No focus, any platform, suggestions welcome

Currently accepting Platinum Stars requests: http://forum.project-imas.com/index.php?topic=2575.0

http://forum.project-imas.com/index.php?topic=2415 - My technical notes on good quality recording.

mariokirby

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 31, 2014, 03:25:56 AM »
I've got more questions....(I feel so bad asking too many questions)

1. Is there a point in pressing L1 during concerts, festival, etc?

In idolm@ster 2 you had to press L1 to perform double/triple memory appeal.  But, in this game you can just use consecutive memory appeals to get duo/trio without having to press L1.

2. During festival battles what is usually the best approach? Is is recommended to immediately perform burst counter (of course right after using a memory appeal) or take the intiative and perform duo/trio burst (I assume you will get more points with the multiplier effect) or do both a burst counter and duo/trio burst simultaneously (method uses a lot of memory and rival will score more burst points due to time to reach duo/trio)?
« Last Edit: May 31, 2014, 06:27:03 AM by mariokirby »

Virgofall

• *curtsy*
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 31, 2014, 08:54:47 AM »
Is there a point in pressing L1 during concerts, festival, etc?

In idolm@ster 2 you had to press L1 to perform double/triple memory appeal.  But, in this game you can just use consecutive memory appeals to get duo/trio without having to press L1.
It'll change who's your main (first) burster, I've noticed that the button pattern for multi-bursts follows the lead's. If you were solo appealing, you'd need to use this to change who it was.

Festivals are not my forte, so I can't really give a typical "best" approach on them too well (I typically play a bit more passively if I can afford to when compared to others), but I will note that you will run into festival opponents whose skills will kill your appeal rate(s) and/or voltage either during or after their burst, so you need to be really careful when dealing with those.

Edit: Do any of you know if Mami's burst skill has a way to identify its effect visually, like the other girls do? Based on the descriptions I'm finding about it, it seems like it should be an equivalent to Yayoi's, but it doesn't appear to act that way, instead I can hear a skill-proc sound occurring for every note hit during bursting, so I'm a tad confused.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2014, 07:25:53 PM by Virgofall »

Byuusan

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 31, 2014, 08:45:04 PM »
That because it not noticetable until you try doing a stage without her skill then redo the week with her skill at lv 3.

Basicly it a bonus to the score.

Virgofall

• *curtsy*
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 31, 2014, 09:00:14 PM »
That because it not noticetable until you try doing a stage without her skill then redo the week with her skill at lv 3.

Basicly it a bonus to the score.
Okay, thank you. Was planning to work on a skill video series, so Mami will probably not be the easiest one to document because of the nature of her skill, but thanks.