puppies-volcanic
Username: Password:

Author Topic: One For All: Gameplay thread  (Read 29442 times)

Okayu

• E4-G4-D3-B3
  • Global Moderator
  • Producer
  • 千早の可愛いさは正義!
    • View Profile
Re: One For All: Gameplay thread
« Reply #150 on: October 12, 2014, 08:15:22 PM »
Thx
I want to get Ano hi no namida and saiyou to gold, but i still didn't get a break yet even though i spent quite some time with ano hi no namida, seems i was just unlucky.
Thx again
It took a season of using only Saihyou before it got to break but it was only a few weeks after that it went to gold.

Naryoril

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: October 12, 2014, 10:25:53 PM »
my impression is, that it's random when you get a break, and the next time you hit that random chance it goes gold.
I had a song get a break when i used it the first time after it lost the fresh status (i didn't use it when it was on keep). To be precise i only used the song because i thought i hadn't used it yet at all.

Okayu

• E4-G4-D3-B3
  • Global Moderator
  • Producer
  • 千早の可愛いさは正義!
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: October 22, 2014, 10:33:50 PM »
I was wondering how do you handle S rank jobs? With the EX episodes increasing in difficulty I think it's good to know beforehand.

Currently I can do S3 jobs but S2 and above jobs or the S3 rank up is above my level. What pairings would you recommend for each stat (vocal visual and dance) and what level and memories should the idols be at?

As of writing this post my unit is Chihaya (level 31 with 5 memories) as leader, with Haruka (level 28 with 4 memories) and Takane (level 28 with 4 memories) supporting.

Naryoril

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: October 22, 2014, 11:30:52 PM »
for the S3 rank up i'd say you'd want a few lvl 35 (or above if you have bought and completed the ex episodes) idols.

Your main unit has the most important bit: a pair of interest rate boost during and after the burst (Chihaya/Haruka for Vocal, Miki/Yukiho for visual and Hibiki/Makoto for dance). You should also have enough memory appeals to burst 4 times, especially if you consider Takane's burst skill. Use a slow vocal song for scoring (there is a slow one with 2 vocal stars, forgot which one it is though, use that one), if you get it to gold you can get some more score out of it. Also make sure all the tier 3 lessons are active at all times (5 stars), and give them an outfit with as much vocal as possible.

If this still isn't enough to beat S2 events, then you simply have to level up. Without getting your idols at least to lvl 35, you can forget to beat the S1, i don't think it is possible. I'm not even sure it's possible with lvl 35, you might need to get them to S rank and past lvl 35.

For the rank up festival: Don't forget you can switch out the support idols after reach song. You can also use the first song of the festival and try to make the enemy waste memory appeals and not even trying to actually win it yourself. If the opponent only has a few memory appeals left, he'll have a harder time on the 2nd and 3rd song, since he can't replenish the appeals between songs like you can. I think i only beat him once in just 2 songs, in all other cases i had to use all 3 songs, but my policy is to always keep Yukiho in the unit, so i could only switch out one idol per song.
You might also want to get all idols to at least 3 memories. This helps with the rank up festival (because you have more idols to switch in) and you'll probably have a really hard time beating the EX #4 with an idol with just 2 memory appeals, even if she is S rank lvl 35 (max level is only increased after beating EX #4, even if you have beaten the S rank up festival).

As for general scoring in your team:
Fill your burst gauge mostly using memory appeals, top off with vocal appeals, burst, rinse and repeat. To conserve memories (and get you more time to fill the burst gauge) you might want to do a solo burst with Haruka immediately on your first burst. You'll have to try out how many memory appeals you actually need, if possible try to burst 4 times. The last burst should be a Chihaya solo burst.
In my trio team with 14 memory appeals using Cosmos Kosmos i do a Yukiho solo burst, 2 Miki/Yukiho duo bursts and one Miki solo burst, that leaves me with one memory left over since i can fill the voltage gauge once with just 2 memories and the rest visual appeals. But if i do a duo burst in the beginning, i won't have enough time to fill the gauge with just 2 memories (and i think doing a trio burst somewhere leaves me 1 note short of filling the voltage gauge with just 2 memories).

I hope this helps a bit.

Okayu

• E4-G4-D3-B3
  • Global Moderator
  • Producer
  • 千早の可愛いさは正義!
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: October 22, 2014, 11:53:01 PM »
Thanks for the advice. I'll try it and edit later if it helped.

Naryoril

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: October 29, 2014, 12:41:25 AM »
Some info about the second story pack, what i gathered from playing Yukiho's storyline (i'll wait with doing the other storylines because of holidays and because i want to finish another game i'm currently playing first):

Completing the first job of the second pack unlocks the S2 rank up festival. Beating this festival unlocks new skills on the skillboard.

Completing the third job unlocks the new extend. This extend can only be used with the idol specific song (and thus only in solo stages) and it does not allow any accessories. Yukiho's extend has 2 yellow and 1 red star.
Wearing the extend enables the Ultimate Appeal. An ultimate appeal can be performed just like a duo burst. An ultimate burst has several effects on top of what a normal burst offers:

1) The extend changes, it becomes fancier

2) The whatever-it-is-called-ring around the symbol of the button you have to press for appeals gets increased by one full ring. The more you have filled the ring the more points you get for these appeals. So it works similar to Ritsuko's burst, but it is stronger. And more importantly: it stays after the burst is finished, so your score your ultimate appeal is drastically increased.

3) The voltage bar seems to fill faster. With 5 memory appeals i was able to burst 3 times with hardly any time left using あの日のナミダ (Ano Hi no Namida, Yukiho's song). By doing 4 bursts right of the bat and using the 5th memory for the ultimate appeal (so i had to wait for the burst prompt to finish first before being able to activate the ultimate appeal, and i had one memory less to fill the voltage gauge) i ended up with more time in the end for 3 bursts.

4) All following bursts are Ultimate Appeals, even if you don't use any more memory appeals. This means the ring in the middle is filled by yet another full round, and your score gets even higher.

Before the costume i was able to do about 64k with Yukiho, with the costume i reached a score of 108k, and i even made some mistakes, so i guess i could get about 112k.

Another thing i noticed: The maximum you can get in that score ring is filling it 3 times. It goes from empty to white to yellow to red. After 3 ultimate appeals all rings were completely red, the few filled segments Yukiho has by herself didn't show up in a new color.

Edit: Oh, and completing the 4th job increases the max level (most probably to 45)
Edit 2: There doesn't seem to be a new stage (the first pack had one)
« Last Edit: October 29, 2014, 09:01:27 AM by Naryoril »

Allithus

• Greenhorn
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: November 04, 2014, 07:19:25 AM »
Are you sure it increased the voltage rate? You could always burst 3 times.

Edit: I can confirm that it does increase the voltage rate. However you could get 3 burst without it. Need further testing to see if you could get more than 3 burst with the ultimate appeal.

Edit2: Okay It doesn't increase the voltage rate nearly enough for a 4th burst even with 5 memory appeals. You'll will be able to get over the 3rd burst and then 5 seconds or so.

Most of these difficult stages comes down to having at least 4 memory appeals. Also I noticed that the AI shy from using memory appeals when you are very far ahead in terms of voltage.

I find that I can reliably beat the ex Leon episode by getting ahead and then wait to counter. All my idols had 4 memory appeals and maxed burst counter.

As for the rank up festivals, you can actually just brute force them with Miki, Hibiki and Chihaya's super OP burst skill. be sure to stay way ahead in voltage as the AI will try to counter you. Jupiter is especially annoying as their burst skill wipes your entire voltage bar and any memory appeal you don't use is going to be stolen. Therefore I find it better if I just spammed memory appeals right from the start and burst a hell bunch before they can do anything. This would result in a win with about 10000 points lead with 12 memory appeals.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2014, 01:51:55 PM by Allithus »

Naryoril

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: December 14, 2014, 09:48:21 PM »
I just got a score of 750'551 on an All Star Live, and not all idols are lvl 45 yet... I got all the idols to 4 memories and Yukiho, Azusa and Chihaya have 5, this really pays off for scoring. I wonder if i'll be able to beat 800k after the next EX episodes DLC.

mariokirby

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: January 20, 2015, 05:17:08 AM »
Sorry, for continuing the recent (Ex episode 3 DLC) gameplay discussion here.

[See December/January posts in the other One for All topic for more gameplay information on Ex Episode 3 DLC]

I've got a question.  Does Leon in EX episode 3 have a different burst skill depending on which idol you're using?

I don't remember, but I beat it with Chihaya (had 5 memories) without too much difficulty.  I think Leon's burst skill just greatly decreased my vocal rate.  (But, I could be wrong).

However, when I tried beating with Miki (had 5 memories as well), I was completely destroyed for 10 rounds straight.  The reason was because Leon's burst skill was like Takane's in that she gets about 1/3 of her voltage gauge filled at the end of her burst.  Not too mention Leon was aggressive and constantly using memories, so that I could never reach another burst after my initial Ultimate burst.

I updated my game out of frustration to see if maybe something was wrong.  Then, I tried facing Leon again with Miki (after doing a week of other jobs in the game to reset things) and actually won using the method described on Page 69 in the other One for All topic.  I actually tried using that method before updating, but it never worked since Leon was too aggressive for me to reach a 2nd burst.

So, just out of curiosity, did Leon have a different burst depending on which idol you used?

By the way...Thank you so much, Okayu, for the Chihaya summaries.  (See summaries in other One for All topic for those who don't know)
« Last Edit: January 20, 2015, 07:18:07 AM by mariokirby »

Naryoril

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: January 20, 2015, 09:01:30 AM »
Not that i noticed. I didn't have much trouble beating her with Miki with 4 memories. I'm at the Leon fight with Iori, i'll check her burst skill when i get home. But imo the dangerous part about her burst skill isn't the lowering of your rate, but the massive increase of her own rate after the burst.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2015, 09:03:33 AM by Naryoril »

Allithus

• Greenhorn
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: January 21, 2015, 02:29:54 AM »
The critical thing here is to counter her (almost) every time. You probably want to have one memory appeal after did the ultimate appeal.

Naryoril

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: January 21, 2015, 09:16:40 AM »
Her burst against Iori is to raise her own rates and voltage after the burst.

Byuusan

• View Profile
« Reply #162 on: January 21, 2015, 06:05:28 PM »
I had a good deal of difficulty against Leon for most idol. Most of my idols however were 43-45 with only 4 Appeal.

The only exception is Ami as she tear her to shred on the first attempt.

mariokirby

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: January 22, 2015, 02:53:17 AM »
Her burst against Iori is to raise her own rates and voltage after the burst.

I guess Leon's burst is the same for all idols.  I was wrong about that.  Thank you very much for checking it out. 

It was still very weird for Leon to be so aggressive, and then after the update (or letting a week go by) she suddenly went easy on me.  I'm pretty sure I didn't do anything differently.  Oh well, I still beat it anyways.

Allithus

• Greenhorn
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: January 22, 2015, 10:53:03 AM »
I don't know whether Leon has been nerfed or not, but it's much easier to win with 4 memory appeals now. I just let her burst first and then burst and burn away her voltage with memory appeals.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2015, 11:27:21 AM by Allithus »