puppies-volcanic
Username: Password:

Author Topic: One For All: Gameplay thread  (Read 29477 times)

Yukibro

• View Profile
Re: One For All: Gameplay thread
« Reply #15 on: May 27, 2014, 04:48:58 AM »
The thing about the story commus is that since the choices don't matter, they end up being rather silly. At least in the few examples I've seen, anyway. The good thing is that you can replay those commus in the main menu. There's an option to view Memories alongside the options to view PVs and screenshots, and you get the entire list of story commus you've watched.

Trying to do one of Miki's commus and i cannot fucking figure out how to work it. The wikis say to hold down the button (I assume circle) and move the cursor but when i try that it registers as a click and when i press down off miki and move the and towards her it registers as a click the second it touches her so I cannot figure out how to perfect commu that one.

That sounds similar to a Yayoi commu I had. Try hitting and holding Circle while on the background, then try doing what's needed. Assuming you've tried that already, perhaps the button is touch-sensitive? Though I've noticed some touch commus have given me trouble, even the simpler ones.

mariokirby

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 27, 2014, 05:39:24 AM »
The thing about the story commus is that since the choices don't matter, they end up being rather silly. At least in the few examples I've seen, anyway. The good thing is that you can replay those commus in the main menu. There's an option to view Memories alongside the options to view PVs and screenshots, and you get the entire list of story commus you've watched.

You are right about replaying those story communications.  What about the board based communications (in Produce Mode)? Can you replay those?  It seems that you can replay only a certain one (but not all of them) if there aren't any new ones.  Is there a way replay all of the board based communications you've previously seen?

Yukibro

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 27, 2014, 05:59:47 AM »
You are right about replaying those story communications.  What about the board based communications (in Produce Mode)? Can you replay those?  It seems that you can replay only a certain one (but not all of them) if there aren't any new ones.  Is there a way replay all of the board based communications you've previously seen?

The contact commus on the board are supposedly not replayable except for the same basic one that involves touching. I've been recording every other commu I've seen, though. The YT link is in the bigger OFA thread.

zeda12123

• Dan!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 27, 2014, 06:25:36 AM »
Still trying to work out that Miki commu but I noticed I got a message during one attempt I've never seen before. Instead of a normal, perfect or bad I got a message in orange that I didn't even know existed, idk what it means but yeah thats a thing.

BadBoy25

• Apprentice
  • 765 Production Ltd.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 27, 2014, 10:49:21 AM »
Still trying to work out that Miki commu but I noticed I got a message during one attempt I've never seen before. Instead of a normal, perfect or bad I got a message in orange that I didn't even know existed, idk what it means but yeah thats a thing.
blue: bad
green: normal
orange: good
pink: perfect

Naryoril

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 27, 2014, 11:44:03 AM »
Did i understand this correctly: you can do a communication on the board every week for each idol until their memory is maxed out? And i guess the more of those you do, the more memory appeals you can use on stage, is this correct? And can you use as many memories as allowed like in Im@s 2, or do you have to earn the memories first before you can spend them? I can't find the number of memories an idol has to use anywhere, but otherwise i don't get the meaning of the memories/hearts each idol gets after a job.

Byuusan

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 27, 2014, 12:02:45 PM »
you can use them as many time as you like, but only once per event.

So say that you have 7 aviable to use for the whole event, the event is 2 songs long. you used 3 appeal in the first song, for the 2nd song you only have 4 left to use.

Naryoril

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 27, 2014, 01:17:28 PM »
you can use them as many time as you like, but only once per event.

So say that you have 7 aviable to use for the whole event, the event is 2 songs long. you used 3 appeal in the first song, for the 2nd song you only have 4 left to use.

So i can go all out with memory appeals on normal jobs? What do the memories you get after a job mean then? Do they just work towards the maximum memory appeals an idol can use like the communications from the board? So it's basically identical to im@s 2, only that in im@s 2 only promotions worked towards that goal?

Virgofall

• *curtsy*
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 27, 2014, 06:09:56 PM »

Well, this is good to know, at least.

So it's basically identical to im@s 2, only that in im@s 2 only promotions worked towards that goal?
Yes, but there's more! (hence, "notes" - yep totally an infomercial girl np)

Notes: (we're going to get nitpicky here, warning ahead) -
- Memory appeals are per-idol. I don't know what the maximum amount of memory per idol is, though I know I've at least a few idols with 4 memory appeals available. (Granted, in my file most of my idols are in A- or B-rank.)
- You can only get memory from the board for communications which are marked "new" - if it's a replay, you can't get memory off of it.
- In rank-up festivals (like Byuusan mentioned), you will have to do two songs with memory counts staying the same for the idols used in between (though you can switch out your non-lead idols in those instances, and use their memories. The max you can have for a group in the rank-up festivals is a trio).
For example, if you have 5 idols available, all have 2 memories, and you used 6 memories on your first song, then you can switch out your supporting idols and have 4 more memories for use on the second song.
In this situation, memories are drained in the order of Second support idol > First support idol > Leader. I'm not sure how this situation would apply in All-Star lives.
- You have to enable the use of duo or trio appeals as Skills on each idol's Skill Board. You don't get to use duo/trio memory appeals right off the bat.
- When you have duo or trio burst appeals available for use, you would use memory appeals when at a full voltage bar to enable duo or trio burst appeals (1 memory for a duo, 2 memory for trio).

In general, outside of festivals, memories seem a lot more usable than they were in 2. When you use one... well, I'll just repeat what I said somewhere else.
I've noticed that Memory Appeals go off your current multipliers for each stat; they appear to be, basically, the equivalent of pressing all three buttons at once and adding +5% multiplier to each, instead of resetting the multipliers.

Byuusan

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 27, 2014, 10:40:53 PM »
For All Star Live, go all out, because every song used different idols, none of the memory appeal will carry over.

Due note that Voltage bar doesn't carry over. So if you can, save the burst for the last note.

mariokirby

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 28, 2014, 08:04:54 AM »
I have some very basic questions about memory/burst duo and trio variants. Sorry, if this has already been answered.

So, doing the memory duo/trio variant would increase the voltage meter greater than if doing solo, correct? Would it also decrease the rival voltage meter even greater than solo? 

It seems to activate duo/trio memory variant it has to be performed in consecutive memory appeals while pressing L1 to quickly change idols though it seems harder this time since I can't seem to switch idols until the memory appeals fully ends.  Which means not a whole lot of time to switch idol and perform a duo memory appeal before the next note (general appeal).  Am I understanding this correctly?

But, what is the advantage for burst duo and trio variant?  Do you get more points? Or is it something else? When I peformed a duo burst, it didn't seem like I was getting a whole lot of points.  Maybe, I'm still early in the game.

Last unrelated question, some youtube communication videos seem to have the idols in different outfits in the same communication.  Is it because of the seasons?  Is there a way to wear the summer/spring outfits during fall/winter and vice versa (wearing winter/fall outfit in the summer/spring)?

Sorry, for the multiple questions.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2014, 08:21:23 AM by mariokirby »

Setsuna

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 28, 2014, 08:39:29 AM »
It depends on what skills your idols who are double/triple appealing and bursting have.

All the appeals and bursts do is add the idols stats together, then slap a % bonus on top of the lot.

So if you have 3 idols who don't have any skill ups (namely, you went for base stats), you get very little multiplicative effects, or in short, double/triple anything is going to net you very little above a solo. (Or basically, the slight global multiplier you get does... well, next to nothing really)

If you unlock all the skills (Burst and the skills that look like little hits on the grid) you'll find that the gains are way beyond what happens when you do the same thing 3 times. However, if you focus nothing BUT those skills early on, your base stats will be lower. Basically, it's a choice between a selfish stat allocation, or a team based one.

So consequently 'It depends'.

In an absurd example, a full level 35 team made up of Takane, Miki and Azusa (Going left to right, Miki being leader) will result in something along the lines of this:

- It will take 3 appeals and a couple of notes to reach burst, from a standing start at the beginning. Depending how you do it, they will chunk down equivalent amounts of voltage from the other team.

This is because the solo uses one idol's voltage appeal modifiers, the second will use TWO idols' voltage appeals multipliers, and the triple will use all THREE of them, on top of the base appeal effect.

This doesn't of course affect ranking up the burst to involve two or three idols. You require the skills (and in the above scenario, they're max level) to do so.

On unleashing the triple burst the following effects will happen:

- Due to Miki being on the team, you will get a 1.5* multiplier on her already absurd visual multiplier during the burst notes during a burst. (Hint hint, let Miki burst)
- Azusa will give the ability to regain roughly 18% chance per burst note to recover an appeal. (Max 3)
- Takane will (assuming you complete your burst successfully) provide a 33% voltage bar granted when you complete the burst sequence.

There's what, 8 notes during a burst? So that's pretty good odds about recovering a few appeals, right there..

From here, you can double appeal, get to burst status, then do it all over again.

And again... (Up to 4 times, because no song can fit that many appeals beyond 4. You straight up run out of notes first.)

Now we walked through the most ABSURD scenario, let's actually compare to what happens when you do solo appeals and bursts.

Since Solo appeals don't get any bonuses, assuming you are level 35, you need 5 appeals to get from 0 to 100%

If you went full stat, and you didn't get any party based skills (appeal up bonuses), and aren't level 35, you will require 7 or 8 appeals to make it there.

Now, a single burst gains no % gains.

Azusa if she was the burster on a single, at level 3, will get a 12% chance to recover an appeal (Max 3) per burst note during her burst sequence.

If she's walking around with a level 1 burst skill, she's only got like a 5% chance or so.

Takane if she is a solo burster at level 3, will recover 20% of the voltage bar at the end of a completed burst (no missed notes)

At level 1 burst skill, she recovers like 8% of the voltage bar.

Miki will gain (off the top of my head) a 3x multiplier on burst visual notes.

At level 1 burst skill, it's like 1.5x

----

So in short, your idols skills will determine how well they work in groups, namely during appeals, and during bursts. Your idol stats will determine how they perform as individuals, or basically during standard notes and regular scoring.

Thing is if you're working off a very low multiplier (namely your base stats are low), the % gains from teamwork end up being very, VERY expensive for the amount of resources (namely appeals) that you have to expend to get it.

If you don't have enough appeals, trying for a triple appeal (Assuming you even got far enough to unlock triple appeals on the grid for at least 1 idol) is very risky, considering it takes time, and that time can be used by your opponent to burst you down.

Of course, if your appealing is weak, they'll be able to burst and run away with a better score than you.

So you figure it out. The team I named is very good mid to late game, but only if you have the skills to go around and enough appeals to start it up. If you're going for picks that don't rely on massive synergy and want to raw stat someone down, you probably want to try Makoto, Haruka or Yukiho (I think it's Makoto for dance) where their burst effect grants a massive multiplier to their respective stat after the burst is done. It's hard to say no to a 480+% multiplier.

I have some very basic questions about memory/burst duo and trio variants. Sorry, if this has already been answered.

So, doing the memory duo/trio variant would increase the voltage meter greater than if doing solo, correct? Would it also decrease the rival voltage meter even greater than solo? 

It seems to activate duo/trio memory variant it has to be performed in consecutive memory appeals while pressing L1 to quickly change idols though it seems harder this time since I can't seem to switch idols until the memory appeals fully ends.  Which means not a whole lot of time to switch idol and perform a duo memory appeal before the next note (general appeal).  Am I understanding this correctly?

But, what is the advantage for burst duo and trio variant?  Do you get more points? Or is it something else? When I peformed a duo burst, it didn't seem like I was getting a whole lot of points.  Maybe, I'm still early in the game.
Games are streamed at www.hitbox.tv/Aliciana/
No focus, any platform, suggestions welcome

Currently accepting Platinum Stars requests: http://forum.project-imas.com/index.php?topic=2575.0

http://forum.project-imas.com/index.php?topic=2415 - My technical notes on good quality recording.

mariokirby

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 28, 2014, 09:32:41 AM »
Thank you so much for the explanation.  So, basically I need to start learning certains skills to help with the multiplier effects or special bonuses.

Now, for the other question.  Is there a way to switch the outfits from different seasons? Ex: Wearing winter outfit in summer and vice versa (wearing summer outfit during winter)?

Naryoril

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 28, 2014, 10:16:08 AM »
Now, for the other question.  Is there a way to switch the outfits from different seasons? Ex: Wearing winter outfit in summer and vice versa (wearing summer outfit during winter)?

Yes, it's in the options. Iirc on the second tab, the top 2 options. On that tab you can also change the lesson/audition outfits, swimsuits and school uniforms (for scenes that actually use them).

Virgofall

• *curtsy*
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 28, 2014, 10:51:36 AM »
If you're going for picks that don't rely on massive synergy and want to raw stat someone down, you probably want to try Makoto, Haruka or Yukiho (I think it's Makoto for dance) where their burst effect grants a massive multiplier to their respective stat after the burst is done. It's hard to say no to a 480+% multiplier.
Yes, it's Makoto for dance.

A strategy that I've grown fond of for trying to gain purely score (auditions, for example) is pairing any of the above with their respective during-burst counterparts (Hibiki with Makoto for Dance, Haruka with Chihaya for Vocal, Yukiho and Miki for Visual). I had managed to get a 97,870 score on a non-stat-specialized audition, NOT making full combo, using Ritsuko/Chihaya/Haruka, all maxed burst skills with... well, I don't remember if it was Chihaya or Ritsuko lead. Ritsuko was for her burst skill and generally high Vocal besides. (I'm fairly sure that, if I did make a perfect play, I'd have beat 100k, considering the missed note was giving approx. 800+ on perfects at that point - I KNOW it was 600-something "Good" missed - and the +2k full combo bonus.)
Then, though, getting such high scores on one song isn't really THAT impressive, considering I had a score attack goal of approx. 65k and ended up instantly beating that and the bonus goal (...76,500) in first week.