puppies-volcanic
Username: Password:

Author Topic: One For All: Gameplay thread  (Read 27575 times)

Byuusan

• View Profile
One For All: Gameplay thread
« on: May 25, 2014, 08:26:30 AM »
Mostly for discussion about the game, what you found out, ask for advice and etc.

Some videos of the game itself

My own gameplay video, due to a strike, my gameplay videos will stop where it is : https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLHiKK_w7sw_efrwUkx17nWvLDK_x6FSHe&feature=mh_lolz

My friend, TheMasterLL Gameplay videos, likewise he was also hit by a strike, so i don't know if he'll continue or not : https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL9QX5HGplse9QdyMRgYXIrWlziAKugZi0

TheBluePhone

• Woo.
    • View Profile
Re: One For All: Gameplay thread
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2014, 10:28:49 PM »
this has probably been posted elsewhere but these seem to be the burst skills

Haruka - increase VO's multiplier by a lot after bursting
Miki - increase VI's multiplier by a lot during burst
Chihaya - increase VO's multiplier by a lot during burst
Iori - While bursting, there is a chance of recovering an appeal
Yayoi - increases all multipliers after bursting
Makoto - increase DA's multiplier a lot after bursting
Yukhio - increase VI's multiplier a lot after bursting
Ritsuko - this one im actually not sure about
Ami - voltage rises after bursting
Mami - all interest rates increased during burst
Azusa - While bursting, chance of recovering an appeal
Takane - voltage rises after bursting
Hibiki - increase DA's multiplier while bursting

id like to note tho that i do not speak any japanese so these are just from what ive observed

Yukibro

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2014, 02:59:50 AM »
this has probably been posted elsewhere but these seem to be the burst skills

Haruka - increase VO's multiplier by a lot after bursting
Miki - increase VI's multiplier by a lot during burst
Chihaya - increase VO's multiplier by a lot during burst
Iori - While bursting, there is a chance of recovering an appeal
Yayoi - increases all multipliers after bursting
Makoto - increase DA's multiplier a lot after bursting
Yukhio - increase VI's multiplier a lot after bursting
Ritsuko - this one im actually not sure about
Ami - voltage rises after bursting
Mami - all interest rates increased during burst
Azusa - While bursting, chance of recovering an appeal
Takane - voltage rises after bursting
Hibiki - increase DA's multiplier while bursting

id like to note tho that i do not speak any japanese so these are just from what ive observed

Just to add on what you posted:

http://pastebin.com/XZFgHQQ5

Basically, there are six idols that complement each other with burst boosts during and after: Chihaya during and Haruka after for Vocal, Miki during and Yukiho after for Visual, and Hibiki during and Makoto after for Dance. It's better to go for one of those pairs for scoring purposes and then choosing from a third based on your preference. To clarify from BluePhone, Iori's Burst Skill has a small chance of giving a Skill Boost (the yellow bar in the middle of each appeal, boosts the rate, I think?) to an appeal after hitting it, while Azusa gives you a small chance to regain memories on each hit. Ritsuko essentially boosts appeal rates and Skill Boosts while bursting only, which is still pretty nice.

I'm still not sure what differentiates Takane and Ami's skills, though. Based on the way they are described, I think Takane gives a flat amount of voltage after the burst while Ami may increase the voltage rate instead. I also kinda guessed with Mami since I can't get a good idea on what "interest rates" are, even when looking at iM@S2 info.

TheBluePhone

• Woo.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2014, 04:07:44 AM »
yeah, mami's was worded really awkwardly since i had to use the jp wiki + google translate for hers, my bad.

Yukibro

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2014, 04:14:13 AM »
Oh. I don't blame you. I saw the interest rate line in there, too, but couldn't find any specific explanation anywhere. The closest thing I found was on the iM@S2 strategy site:

"In the description for the audition, there are times when they are "looking for a ~~~ image" (~のイメージが欲しい) but this only affects the interest rate at the start of the audition and the change in the rate when performing appeals."

So I guess it's the general rate of increase? I think I should update the Pastebin and clarify when it's either the multiplier or the rate going up, since they aren't the same thing, I think.

EDIT: Scratch that, the game does refer to the multipliers as "rates" in most cases. This game can be pretty confusing with terms.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2014, 04:16:49 AM by Yukibro »

Setsuna

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2014, 05:32:03 AM »
Takane's burst skill adds a flat % to your volt meter if you complete your burst (ie, no missed notes)
Ami's skill adds to your voltage meter gain after the burst is complete, so you can burst faster after you finish bursting with Ami.

Bear in mind that all burst skills when in double or triple mode will gain a multiplier to whatever the modification is, and apply all the skills of the bursters involved. So Azusa's rate of appeal regen goes up if she bursts with someone else, Takane will regain more of the Voltage bar if she does so, Miki will score more hitting Visual notes during her burst, and so on.

Note that you don't get burst skill activation if you fail your burst notes for any skill that happens after burst completes.
Games are streamed at www.hitbox.tv/Aliciana/
No focus, any platform, suggestions welcome

Currently accepting Platinum Stars requests: http://forum.project-imas.com/index.php?topic=2575.0

http://forum.project-imas.com/index.php?topic=2415 - My technical notes on good quality recording.

Yukibro

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2014, 06:12:38 AM »
I'll add that bit to the Pastebin. I was assuming it worked like that, though I've been busy preparing for an ALLSTAR LIVE and didn't have time to check.

I can certainly vouch a bit for that duo/trio increase, though. Azusa saved me from that B2 rank-up concert with that memory gain. I swear that Hokuto AI was messing with me.

Setsuna

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2014, 06:18:19 AM »
I'll add that bit to the Pastebin. I was assuming it worked like that, though I've been busy preparing for an ALLSTAR LIVE and didn't have time to check.

I can certainly vouch a bit for that duo/trio increase, though. Azusa saved me from that B2 rank-up concert with that memory gain. I swear that Hokuto AI was messing with me.

Well, I've made various notes, but most people don't really care much about the notes I make, even though I've 100%d the game in a real hurry.
Games are streamed at www.hitbox.tv/Aliciana/
No focus, any platform, suggestions welcome

Currently accepting Platinum Stars requests: http://forum.project-imas.com/index.php?topic=2575.0

http://forum.project-imas.com/index.php?topic=2415 - My technical notes on good quality recording.

mariokirby

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2014, 08:26:34 PM »
Sorry, if this question is not in the appropriate topic.

I've noticed that even the Japanese wiki does not have choices for idols during their introduction scene or during certain rank up scenes (example E1-->D3).  I'm guessing the reason is because those choices don't affect anything?

However, it would be nice to know what those choices mean (I can't read japanese).  For example, I'm producing Chihaya and there were 2 choices during her introduction scene, which I sort of guessed the choices to move on.  But, then during rank up (E1-->D3) there were another 2 choices. 

If anyone still remembers the choices or the "best" response for these kinds of scenes (at least for Chihaya) please let me know.  I'm hoping the English wikia will include choices for these types of scenes.

Byuusan

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 26, 2014, 11:02:50 PM »
Those choices don't affect anything in particular, those event are static. I do plan to record them and translate them and put them in the english wiki when i can.

fredex

« Reply #10 on: May 26, 2014, 11:19:06 PM »
been playing for a while and theres one thing thats been bugging me since i cant find info on it anywhere.
after every event for the day, theres some dialog that pops up with two options before the evening portion of the day, i always pick the left option since it gives an okay type of sound effect but does anyone know what that things asking you?

Byuusan

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 26, 2014, 11:40:32 PM »
been playing for a while and theres one thing thats been bugging me since i cant find info on it anywhere.
after every event for the day, theres some dialog that pops up with two options before the evening portion of the day, i always pick the left option since it gives an okay type of sound effect but does anyone know what that things asking you?

you're likely asking after a audition, live of fes, it basicly if you wanna save the dance. left is yes, right is no.

fredex

« Reply #12 on: May 26, 2014, 11:57:25 PM »
you're likely asking after a audition, live of fes, it basicly if you wanna save the dance. left is yes, right is no.

hmm so ive always been saying yes, but what does it mean by save the dance? i havent touched s4u yet if its something to do with that.

Virgofall

• *curtsy*
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 27, 2014, 01:04:58 AM »
hmm so ive always been saying yes, but what does it mean by save the dance? i havent touched s4u yet if its something to do with that.
It's basically asking if you want to save a video of the dance that you just played/messed with camera angles and appeals on (You can look at them later on from the main menu, the option after the 765 catalogs - one of the options after that is video, one is photos. Both of them cap at 50 though).
I personally just leave after-work performances off (second option in the first portion of the Options menu), because in my mind, I have S4U if I want to set up specific video/costume/music setups, etc. (the same option of wanting to save the video appears after S4U play as well) - not to mention they can take some time. This option won't affect performances after Allstar Lives (probably because of the nature of those performances).

I would also agree with wanting know the "Perfect" options for commus as well, though it's moreso because I've noticed results do affect memory gain. (I remember having restarted on at least one board-based commu when an idol was very near to getting another memory appeal, and the result has made the difference between getting another memory appeal or not, thus.) Not the most important thing when compared to other stuff - especially since memory can be gained from just doing regular work as well, thankfully - but I would still think it useful.
Does that also apply to the rank-up commus (in that memory gain is affected by the result)?

zeda12123

• Dan!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 27, 2014, 04:30:54 AM »
Trying to do one of Miki's commus and i cannot fucking figure out how to work it. The wikis say to hold down the button (I assume circle) and move the cursor but when i try that it registers as a click and when i press down off miki and move the and towards her it registers as a click the second it touches her so I cannot figure out how to perfect commu that one.